Looks like Slaughterhouse deal with Shady is all but final

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by nappyjim, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Sorry homie... Don't get ass hurt. I've heard almost all of Bis's catelogue (aside from his more recent shit). If you tell me he doesn't use a LOT of his bars stretching from some metaphysical/supernatural shit, then you're the one that doesn't listen to 'Bis.

And no... I don't think Bis paints pictures. He is very "all over the place" with his rhymes. And if you don't see what I mean by his delivery then you know nothing about being an MC. Last time I checked, Canibus can write a song about heartbreak or his mother dying yet he'd still come with a delivery made for a battle rap. That is not being a complete MC.

When I was young and only thought "bars bars bars" and had the "net nerd - multi's and stretch metaphors are the shit" mindset... Bis was dope. But when I started understand musicality on top of having dope lyricism is when everything changed. Bis lacks HEAVILY on the proper delivery of a verse (especially when it comes to portraying emotion outside of anger/haste/disgust). His hook game is pretty garbage as are most of his beats (I know that's not on him but it's the final product of what he's producing as a music artist).

'Bis has NOTHING on Em... And again, I think Em has fell off dramatically since Straight from the Lab EP/8 Mile Soundtrack - which is the time period I consider him the GOAT.
    test
  2. AlexKKKeller

AlexKKKeller New Member

Wtf...Is a stretch Metaphor...?
    test
  3. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

i could sit here and argue with you back and forth and maybe even drop a whole essay on how i think you're writing some pretty fucking stupid shit, but i'm not going to.

Canibus and Eminem are on two different levels... even though i don't think Em has SHIT on 'Bis.
    test
  4. AlexKKKeller

AlexKKKeller New Member

EMINEM and Canibus are both talented musicians.
    Their styles, aren't comparable.
    There are things you can find on a Canibus album, that will never be found on an EMINEM album, and likewise.
    It's art, enjoy both renditions, as best as you can.
    Btw, people who would say "he's not a complete artist because____" make my aesthetic taste buds shrivel up.
    People who are Canibus Stans, prefer his hardcore battle rap approach on every record.
    But, because you don't see that as diverse, it's not as artistic as your favorite rapper, who apparently, can 'do it all?'
    -pukes-
    Gtfoh.
    test
  5. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

^^i can respect that.
    test
  6. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

And I could write novels on how ignorant your shit comes off. So you honestly gonna tell me Canibus has any sort of versatility within his delivery? You're tellin' me his flow is anywhere near Em's? You're tellin' me his catelogue is anywhere near Em's? Fuck outta here... PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEE!!! hahaha
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WTF!?!?! That's ignorant as shit. NO! It's not as diverse and that's no an opinion. Canibus has one delivery. Em can do how many different deliveries and flows? Em can sound emotional when he has to. He can do the angry battle rap style EVEN BETTER THAN CANIBUS (my opinion). He can do the soft spoken type shit for his daughter and sound genuine. DELIVERY IS A KEY MAKE UP OF BEING AN ARTIST! Canibus has NOTHING on Eminem in this department. Who's more lyrical? That could be a toss up. One person will say 'Bis and another person will say Em.

Ya'll say Canibus's "imagrery" in his music is untouchable... Last time a checked, the imagery in a song like Stan or even Lose Yourself has never been touched by 'Bis. Sorry... Ya'll arguments sound so naive.
    test
  8. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

"african voodoo science" > "mom's spaghetti"
    test
  9. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

how ignorant MY shit comes off?

lol, you sound too self-righteous, my dude.
    test
  10. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

his flow is not anywhere near Em's. you noticed how i NEVER said that?

Canibus catalogue shits all over Em, get the fuck outta here son.

but wait, you know what? oh shit.... that's called OPINION!

i mean, yes, i think you're a fool for thinking Em has a better catalogue.... but hey, you like his shit. i like Canibus shit. lol @ comparin' catalogue's when Canibus fucks him over a thousand times.

but hey, it's all back to opinion. now go ahead and force the ending laughter, my friend.
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I think it's the other way around... Weren't you the one who called everybody on this board "idiots who are slaves to mainstream" (not verbatim). Either ways.... def'nitely not the case. The self righteous one would actually be the ones defending underground like it's the holy grail and completely shitting on every mainstream rapper like every mainstream rapper is bubble gum/wack.
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

hahahahahaha... Canibus has a better catelogue than Em? HAHAHAHAHA! That's where I come to terms that I'm not gonna get anywhere with you. Let me stop. Bye now. hahahaha
    test
  13. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I'd say Em's disco is more quality on each of his best albums, alot of it has to do with production quality though, and just the fact Em's willing to balance things... but Canibus is not slackin' at all if you're a fan and like his style... and if you really just go "who's spit the most hot shit?" and add up every radio verse, and 3 to 10 minutes of non-stop lyrics tracks by Bis, the answer's probably gonna be Bis. Maybe each bar isn't 100% the shit, but he's the million bar monster, and isn't gonna stop any time soon. Gotta respect the lyricist mindstate behind that.
    test
  14. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

It's easier to spit a million bars filled with a lotta filler. There isn't much talent in that. Anybody who can rhyme can just pile up a whole bunch of bars. Even on the thousand bars... he started off REAL strong and then about 100 something bars into it, it got very "blehhh".

It's harder to come with content/cohesiveness and a dope overall product. To me, Canibus has never done that.

And on top of that, I don't care about the radio freestyles. YES, those can be impressive and add to your resume as can mixtape freestyles BUTTTT... that's like preseason. Album time is NBA Championship/NBA playoff time. Em's resume is MUCH stronger when it comes to that. Em CHOSE not to get on all them mixtape joints and freestyles. When he did 'em, he merked 'em. He focused on his albums (the real body of work).
    test
  15. Anonmuz

Anonmuz Decepticons = Truth

When Em first dropped he praised Canibus in every interview he did and admitted he got his style from listening to Canibus and that Canibus is his fav Emcee.

Em aint no where near them niggaz I named level, stay off that lean.
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Wrong. That's how you know you're fulla shit cuz I've been following Em since he came out. He never said Canibus is his favorite MC or that he got his style from him. WTF? If anything, he was always talking about Redman. Now you tryna make shit up. Fuck outta here.

That's how you know you lost the argument.
    test
  17. AlexKKKeller

AlexKKKeller New Member

No, you just feel it is.
    Smh @ how hard it is for people to grasp that.
    You'd think I was teaching Logarithms to 1st graders.
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Wrong. It's not opinion that Canibus has one delivery. It's not opinion that Eminem can do multiple deliveries. Stop tryna win an argument you can't win. THIS IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE. Em has versatile flows and deliveries while Canibus does not.

And no... that's not what I "feel". The presentation is key in ANYTHING IN LIFE. This is also a fact. I feel like I have to teach simple math to a grown ass man.
    test
  19. AlexKKKeller

AlexKKKeller New Member

Btw, yes, EMINEM can switch his delivery, while Canibus neglects to.
    Who are you to say that makes him a 'better' artist, is what I am getting at.
    But, don't bother responding.
    You don't want to admit that art will forever be opinionated in every aspect, and I'm an aesthete person.
    Fuckkk you and myself.
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WTF? You're an idiot. Canibus doesn't choose not to. He can't do it. He doesn't know how to make the most of his vocals and the presentation of his lyrics. If your lyrics don't sound believable based on the way you're presenting them, then it will never be as good as someone who can present it correctly. Part of being an artist is acting out the lyrics you're conveying. If you can't do that, the artistry in your music becomes VERY tainted.

It's not different from a fuckin' actor in a movie playing a role and knowing all the fuckin' lines but he doesn't act them out right. WHO THE FUCK IS GONNA CALL THAT GUY A GOOD ACTOR? What movie roles is he gonna get? Who the fuck is gonna go watch that film?

And don't tell me a music artist isn't an actor cuz then you've never made music before. You have to convey the same emotion from the lyrics. THAT IS KEY!

That's like saying a salesman who is trying to sell a car but can't pitch the sale correct is a good salesmen. NO! Presentation is key. He could know all the facts aout the car but if he does not present the product correctly, he's not gonna be considered a good salesman. Get it? It's not that hard of a concept.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.