Looks like Overeem vs JDS still a strong possibility

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Makabreli, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makabreli

Makabreli done

JDS is reportedly set to fight in December now, the same month Overeem is rumored to make his return. Dos Santos has also been vocal about wanting to fight Overeem instead of Cain.

We'll see.
    test
  2. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

that would be sick but I doubt it.

Alistair would still probably be the "Money" fight, as neither JDS nor Velasquez are big enough name to garner record-breaking numbers (PPV-Wise), but Dana doesn't usually do that type of deal....Giving the fight to one fighter, and then just give to to another guy because he came off his Steroid suspension.

What we could end up having is Alistair and JDS on the same card in December, not fighting, Overeem in there with possibly DC to determine a #1 contender.
    test
  3. Makabreli

Makabreli done

i like Overeem (the horsemeat eating, lots of sleep getting, and nothing else *wink* version), but I gotta wonder how this whole thing will play out. There was no guarantee how the fight would've played out before, but if this is anything like the Overeem that got waxed by Chuck Liddell I don't wanna see it.
    test
  4. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

^I think it will be more like Shogun vs Overeem tbh (Pride33)
    test
  5. Makabreli

Makabreli done

JDS has never won by ground strikes, and I don't see this really being the first.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.