Looking for a good Compressor(Vocal) and a good Hiss Reducer...(READ)

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Dynam!ke, May 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynam!ke

Dynam!ke New Member

I'm using a Groove Tube GT55 and it's hooked up to a Emu 1820m(Recording in a Walk-In Closet)... The thing sounds great but it seems there's some static or hissing going on. I use Cool Edit's Scientific Filter - Hiss Cut... It does some good. But I'm wondering if there's a stronger plug-in that does a better job or just a different one out there.

Also, I have Waves Native Gold Bundle and the compressors aren't to great... I'm just looking for different compressors and go through some trial & error. I'm not asking for anything just throw some names and I'll see if I can find'em or purchase if need be. Thankx

Phamous ~1~
    test
  2. Dynam!ke

Dynam!ke New Member

Oooooook... Not looking for free plugins just some names.
    test
  3. JimMY2NutZ

JimMY2NutZ k.matthews

im surprised that you didn't like the comps in the waves bundle...it think RCOMP, C1s, and C4 are amazing. but anyway, try the RVOX, it should be in the waves bundle that you have, you may have overlooked this one...its fantastic for vocals...and its soo easy to use, ....also try voxengo's voxformer...this one is really nice, gives you a lot of control. it has a two band comp, deesser, four band eq, and a saturater all in one...more complex then the RVOX but just as good, maybe better seens it gives you more then just compression.

for hiss removal, use waves x-noise. its really good.
    test
  4. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

If you have some hiss, you need to check the cables, and or adpaters if your using any, this is probably the problem.
    test
  5. Dynam!ke

Dynam!ke New Member

Please recommend some cables... Your word is golden to me LoL.. The ones Im using are called "Monster Prolink Cables"...
    test
  6. Brooklynz chaz

Brooklynz chaz New Member

if a recording sounds a lil muggy can it be a issue with the xlr wires?>
    test
  7. Dynam!ke

Dynam!ke New Member

I have the Gold Bundle and I dont see RVOX or RCOMP... I believe it's the cables cause my first recordings with the GT55 has no hiss or whatever... However, where is X-Noise loacted at
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.