Looking for a decent 2 day/week workout.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by absolute zero, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

Two jobs and school leave me little time for lifting/cardio, but it needs to be done so I don't turn in to a fat faggot.

Anyways, I've been on this generic workout I pulled from bodybuilding.com (yes, that's unfortunate) but I just don't have the time to do the research to find out what would fit me best.

I'm 175-178 lbs (a hair under 6 ft)
    bf % hovers right around 10%

Like most people, I want to see gains, but I also want to tone up. I realize that cutting and gaining are counterproductive, so let me just edit and say I want to at least maintain my strength or maybe just make slight gains. I'm running before and after my workouts, drinking plenty of water, eating right, and all that healthy nonsense. I'm seeing some results, but just wanted to get some input as to what your regimen is like. I'm assuming not many of you fuck with the 2 day/week schedule, but either way, give me a little insight as to what you're doing if you're trying to do the same thing I am.
    test
  2. Ghost Ninja

Ghost Ninja Well-Known Member

honestly if you only going to do two days a week

this is what I would do personally

pick a day and lift as much as you can that day as often as possible, really tear your muscles up, every exercise you can think of...just lift...upper body only this day

next day....run your ass off, long distance, sprints, and finish with leg exercises

then eat good rest of week and recover all week

I guess that would work decent if you only have two days

I am busy too I don't have time (or the energy) for like a full on 5 day plan

when i find time I exercise

and I just alternate between upper and lower

works out decently actually
    if you don't have alot of time

and wna REALLY condense a workout
    i guess you could do weighted pullups, pushups, and sprint...could get it all done in like 15 mins

that would be super basic but easy to do
    test
  3. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

You'll burn more calories running after lifting. Isolate specific areas each day you lift and give yourself time for your muscles to recover.
    test
  4. shoeskingdom

shoeskingdom New Member

test
  5. Souled In

Souled In New Member

2 days means Full Body, and Compounds

Deadlift
    Bench Press
    Squat
    Shoulder Press
    Row
    Lunge
    Pullup
    Woodchopper
    Plank
    Reverse Crunch
    Face Pull

Those last two are basic for postural correction. You'll also need a good warm up.

Oh yea, and feel free to run afterwards, and you might get better results from HIIT high intensity interval training.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.