Lone Wolf & Cub

Discussion in 'The Library' started by NinjaMic, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

My favorite series... all 28 volumes.

Let's talk about it.
    test
  2. Sin-Razone

Sin-Razone UnR3450n

lone wolf and cub is massively dope the movies were hella sick too.......i only read a lil bit of the first one ....but shit was bangin. hella violent..

[​IMG]
    test
  3. DrugsBunny

DrugsBunny Sage of Six Paths

I normally pick one random manga to start reading a day.

I thought about this one, but went with Liar Game instead. I was disappointed.

What does this compare to?
    test
  4. Sin-Razone

Sin-Razone UnR3450n

i guess it really depends on what you like. manga, like anime, can range genres so it all depends on what you could possibly be into. I for instance am into the mature violent stuff........that is very well written and of course drawn. Some of the manga looks lazily drawn, and if it looks like most of the main characters are teenagers then its something i wouldnt be into. this basically compares more to a mature well written kung-fu movie.
    test
  5. Hiko Seijūrō

Hiko Seijūrō New Member

Another one to add to my reading list.
    test
  6. DrugsBunny

DrugsBunny Sage of Six Paths

I read any manga tbh. Does the violence beat Deadman Wonderland?

I'll be check this out
    test
  7. PR STATUS GFU

PR STATUS GFU Under The Influence

Lone Wolf is the title i use in MW2
    test
  8. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

You don't say
    test
  9. Radium

Radium f k

copped 1-28 on ebay in 08

this was when i was wilding out on you fuck niggas and going to school full-time

no job, just a skateboard

based a very large part of my life around the concept of meifumado and what it means to live your life on the demons road

and i spent that whole year reading volume after volume

and i live in meifumado just like everyone. but i only realized meifumado post LW&C

the difference is big

when you realize you live in meifumado you can embrace the demons road with a harder heart and a more open heart. unlike those who dont understand that they live in meifumado and thus are incapable of exploiting their true power

anyway if you want to polly more as to the nature of meifumado and the demons road then speak on it, you feel me

oh and kazuo koike is second only to osamu tezuka in the frame of manga history. i have the entire samurai executioner series and a lot of path of the assassin plus the whole crying freeman

crying freeman was the most intense thing i ever read. nothing comes near crying freeman.

i want to read wounded man. but cant find it for the cheap on ebay
    test
  10. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

haha nice @ Radium... I took alot away from it too since I read it when I was a youngin' too... shit I was even reading some of it when First Comics put out the incomplete single issues when I was like 10

As far as what this compares to? Nothing really... I'd compare it to the Seven Samurai epic film classic. Not even the film series based on the manga really does it justice outside of it being some campy martial arts classic shit to fans of the genre like me.

In other manga, the only thing I'd compare it to is Blade of the Immortal without the freaks, flashy splash page kills, and androgeny... but if you were to cross it with Sin City - no big eyes, more of an old school Golgo 13 look. I probably think this though, just cause Frank Miller was so influenced by the series.

It's not really a violence focused book either. It doesn't pussy foot around, and for it's time it was pretty brutal, but it's not something you flip through to find severed heads and faces of death. Shit is just an epic classic... if there was a manga bible, this would be it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.