Logo Competition..Very Simple.

Discussion in 'Graphic Forum' started by Embison, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Embison

Embison Alphaboss

Im looking for someone who has the skills to recreate the X2 logo... but instead of X2 I want EA.........This should be incredibly simple for those of you who are pro at this shit...Which I am not....The letter size should be as close to the same size as the picture as possible...As should the chrome colour and reflection effect be similar....But if you want to take some liberties and change the hue completely I am open to the possibilty of maybe a green touch to it as well.......And getting the sharp edges is very important. Im not sure if all logo makers in here are able to create websites as well......But I thought that this would be a creative way for anyone in here who is good at working with graphic programs to showcase their talents....So if you only know how to make logos I don't wanna waste your time with this...I will save you the trouble and tell you that now. What I really want out of this is to hire someone based on the skills that they showcase for me with my description in this thread to build a website for me...Of course I could look at everyones port folio.. And I have looked at many in this forum...Some very impressive I have to admit.....But I'm looking for more than just skill...I'm looking for initiative.&.Im looking for someone who can interprut my desciptions and apply them exactly as I say. These are things that nobodies port folio can ever express to me.

I will pay good reasonable money for a nice website (preferably flash)... So if you want to take a shot at a contract than please don't hesitate.....If you're paranoid about me jacking this logo for free and running...(as if i couldnt have paid someone 30$ for it anyways) than by all means...please don't even reply...You're the type that I want to weed out =) I don't wanna work with people who are paranoid about very small things...Because when it comes to building a complicated website...I need someone who's mind won't go into a tailspin before the real work has even begun.

So if you want to try and fulfill my request...And show me how you're better than the next guy...This is your chance. Whoever doesn't want to than please don't participate. I respect your right not to. But to those who wanna give it a shot. I would love to see what you can do.

seriously this is really really small. Typing up EA and following my instructions isn't a big deal at all. This thread probably took more effort with the amount I've typed this far trying to set a disclaimer to the cry babies who might be scared about me making off with a free logo.

Feel free to drop as many variations as you like....You aren't restricted to 1 image...And if you only do drop one...it would be nice to see how 2 looked anyways...1 with a transparent background...another with a black background. <--These would be the ONLY 2 different types of backgrounds I would need. So no point in making the backgrounds any other colour...And the file should be bmp.

Deeplink your image right into this thread... If you don't know how to do that than may god have mercy on your soul. If you don't wanna take the chance of losing such a simple logo for free...Than simply don't take the super ultra risky chance...But also, don't forget to tuck your avatar in before you goto sleep tonight and make sure its safe.

shit...i was typing so long that the banana guy stopped dancing...he's frozen in time lol..while the other two making out are still humpin hard. [vn2]

[​IMG]

come get your money.
    test
  2. D P roductionZ

D P roductionZ New Member

i can do that...i can do the flash website too.
    test
  3. D P roductionZ

oh yeah by the way it cant be very close cause of copyrights.
    test
  4. D P roductionZ

test
  5. Embison

Embison Alphaboss

i've seen some of your work...and actually it was part of the reason that prompted me to make this thread. i was hoping you would be one of the people to take a stab at this. i like the concept of your logo as far as shape and everything is concerned...i mean the font and whatnot is pretty nice...the improvements that would suit my needs would be...if you notice your logo the main face is much slimmer compared to the X2.. the incline on the X2's edges are much steeper making the surface much wider.. it's more of a ninja star effect...yours is like a toblerone bar lol. also adding to this effect is how the edges are rounded for everything... but notice on the X2, the entire X has sharp edges.. what i mean by that is it actually makes real triangles and not a curve.. only on the "2" are there any real curves but it also has one sharp curve inwards as well. those parts are crucial. and the authenticity of the metal could be improved but i think your version is pretty close.. im impressed with your rough draft nonetheless and its a great start. also lose the angel jizz hovering around the EA. LoL.

if i were to contract you to design my website....what would be the best for me to convey my ideas to you so that it would be as little work for you as possible....i would prefer not to burden you too much by redoing things over and over again even though im paying for the site...i still respect the person that's doing the job and it'd be best for everyone if things went as smoothly as possible...it doesn't matter if the site takes 60 minutes to build or 60 days...just as long as the final product is what i'm asking for than i'll be incredibly pleased...so if you were to build it without a lot of stress, properly the first time i'm sure that would benefit you as well.

so....how have people for your other jobs relayed their ideas to you? i suppose i could take a week or so and sketch up a plan and have it scanned and then send it your way..with a rough idea of what i need...the layout would obviously be simple to sketch up... drawing up a plan that shows what i want written on the page and buttons...and then i suppose i can tell you how i want the buttons to look when they're pressed and whatnot...i havent fully thought up my grand scheme yet so it will definitely take about a week to really put my ideas down onto paper... and i figure if i take the extra time to do it this way it'll make it much easier for you.

but im just curious anyways how people usually express their ideas to someone building a site for them?

i noticed in one of your other threads if i recall correctly that you're saving up for a triton...so as long as you can actually do the work..and i dont think what i'll end up needing will be anything beyond average flash design anyways...so as long as you're able to do this than it'd be my pleasure to help you out with your studio cash... i know how difficult it is to save up for this stuff.. especially once gear thirst kicks in... im barely able to pay for your work solely because my appetite for synthesizers is through the roof. but no worries.. an investment into a webpage is about the smallest purchase i'll have made this entire year by a long shot.

anyways....lemme know whats up.
    test
  6. D P roductionZ

I wish all my customers where like you lol You seem very organised so that really helps a web designer to work on the max of his potential. What i usualy ask from my clients is simple...word or even notepad files..i want one word file for every part of the design..ex.buttons file:"i want the buttons to be...flash on rollover..etc. same for everything from header to tables and intro page. So the best way would be that...also something i find very helpfull is "designing together"...we can have a chat from MSN,Yahoo..whatever while i work on the design..i send you files to see the progress on every part we exchange ideas..taht way you become part of the project instead of just paying and waiting for the final product...still without all these i can make a decent site but with your collaboration we can make something close to what you imagine.

On the logo part yes i noticed these i tryed to give a different approach to it but yes i can work on it more and deliver another version...work is always good makes things perfect

Anyway let me know if you have any messenger so we can chat about this.
    test
  7. D P roductionZ

test
  8. Embison

Embison Alphaboss

ten times better... its starting to look very sick now. the edges are absolutely perfect... and the metallic touch is about spot on... but don't mess with the edges... they are exactly right! nice work.....

the biggest mistake is the allignment of the 2 horizontal parts of the E... they should definitely be on the same slope as the A.... and the bottom of the A where it's pointing back at itself is suffering from this same angle problem as well.

other minor problems... just bring down the size to about the same as the Xmen logo..
    try and make sure each part of the logo is proportional.... polish up the metal a little more.... shinier is better..... the bottom of the E and the A aren't on the same level. the A is slightly higher. Also I think on the E instead of having those 2 narrow rectangles... this would actually be better if it was rounded slightly... like your first version was.....

hmmmm since the angle for the A needs to be fixed... Can you try and reverse the angle all together? And disconnect it from the E as well? I made a quick picture to give you an idea of what i mean......

i just woke up..just in case you're wondering why my image is flawless in every possible way.
    http://www.zerocoolonline.com/imagehosting/uploads/eaxmple.gif
    test
  9. D P roductionZ

no problem i will post my 3rd entry later on today.
    test
  10. D P roductionZ

test
  11. Embison

Embison Alphaboss

that is lookin really nice... i love the look of it when it's not attatched... very nice work.

but can you try it with the opposite angle like i gave in the description of the picture? the part where the "A" points towards the "E" and the "E" would have to change it's angle as well... just look at the picture that i made... its a masterpiece! j/k but you'll be able to understand what im trying to say better if you just look at the picture............ im not even sure which version i would end up liking better... so im kinda glad that you made the logo you just did with the angles that i didnt originally want......now i'll be able to compare... either way....the latest one is really nice.

and also shine up the metal more....

thats about it for now.

thanks for all your efforts......its appreciated.
    test
  12. D P roductionZ

i saw your picture but i thought i'd leave it like that lol i will make a version like that though as you said to compare. We are close i think?: [teet]
    test
  13. Embison

Embison Alphaboss

very close...its looking really good...im really impressed.
    test
  14. D P roductionZ

test
  15. Embison

Embison Alphaboss

hahaha i like both now... it's either im unhappy with the E in the first one.. or the A in the second.......... i like your "A" better... i've never said that to another man before :/ but i like the way I asked for the E to be done....

I guess i'll just stick with my design.... but where the E and A meet at the bottom their slopes aren't similar... they should be exact as if they were puzzle pieces and had to fit together... this is what i think should be done... where the E first starts to sort of become a part of the A's inner triangle.. it should be just slightly closer so that it fits better...the E's bottom finger?? the part if you took it away entirely would make an F.. that part should be extended a few millimetres to the right is what im trying to say... then work on getting the slope of that exact same part on the E and A to be on the same grade. they also don't look seperated enough... only kind of dented as if they are still attatched.. they need to be significatnly disconnected so each slope has a real edge to it.

and also get this thing down to a smaller size soon and make the metal more similar to the Xmen version in the very first post of this thread... i want it's size and colour as similar as possible.
    test
  16. D P roductionZ

test
  17. Embison

Embison Alphaboss

it looks excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like everything about it except for it might be just a tad bit blue... but honestly that doesn't bother me so much... i could be happy with this colour... shit, you have done a great job with this. so the colour is just really a minor issue...like the xmen logo definitely has a blue feeling... but it isn't overbearing.. i think it should look more metallic.. and just kind of have a soft blue aura to it.

the mistakes that kind of stick out when i look at it though that really catch my eye are...

ok i drew a picture... i hope it's clear what im trying to say for every line..... the middle of the E looks fine except for the top where it has a blue shadow that comes over the top and makes the middle of the E appear to be curved. but it's not only the shadow, it also looks like a bit of the metal part is curved as well... it should be easy to slice it in proportion to the part of the E above it so it an imaginary diagonal line runs smoothly all the way to the top......

where i've drawn a horizontal line... it appears as if this part of the A is drooping downwards a bit... and in all these cases they might not even be out of proportion... it might be that the lighting needs to be fixed accordingly... each edge has to be parallel to the one that it's facing... and some of these don't look like they're on the same angles. but it's really close nonetheless and i'm sure it shouldn't be too difficult to correct the problem...

where i've drawn the vertical line... i tried to exaplain this a in a post above...but i've also asked you to do so many things it's understandable that you might have missed this.......... plus my descriptions aren't always the best... the bottom of the E.. not the very bottom of it... but the part i've drawn the arrow on top of.. needs to be extended a few millimetres to the right so the it alligns with the A's inner triangle better.. i drew a vertical line to further describe what i mean... each of the edges should be lined up... not exactly where my line is drawn... but when the E is extended to the right a few mm's there should be an imaginary line that they are proportional to. it should be really easy to notice when they're lined up. just kind of corner to corner. and a quick slice of an extra little bit that's protruding from the top of this part as well...... there's just a small little bit that sticks out... i hope you can see this part as well.

Now where i've circled the A.......... at first I couldn't understand why that part looked fatter than the E it was lined up with... because i checked the very bottom of both letters and they were alligned perfectly... then i realized it was the shadow on the A that ran too far towards the bottom making its width appear much thicker. and also the shadow makes it appear to be curved as well...

here's the picthre to describe everything i just mentioned... i hope i've explained myself well enough...if not, feel free to ask me to clarifiy at any time.

[​IMG]
    test
  18. D P roductionZ

i was just updating it but yeah great discription thank you i will work on it now so stand by [teet]
    test
  19. Embison

Embison Alphaboss

seriously...thank you!! im really impressed with your work.
    test
  20. D P roductionZ

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.