Local Cd Selling Hustle...

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Hitman J, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nvs -=1=-

Nvs -=1=- Resident Racist

Truth be told. Go to spots where mad peeps is at. Either peeps you know or are affiliated with somehow. cuz world does travel through to gravel. Then when you feel the moment is right just ask who else rhymes. Get a nice lil battle goin' eat em up and people will be on your dick like herps son. Just have to come nice in the battle, against known heads in the area, ESPECIALLY against respected and favorited heads, chew em up spit em out...
    test
  2. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

test
  3. Hitman J

Back Again Muwhaha
    test
  4. Praverb

Praverb I breathe hip hop...

dope thread GLUE THIS THREAD
    test
  5. Hitman J

TRUE I'm PUTTIN ALL THIS INFO TOGETHER INTO SECTIONS AND A BOOKLET I'll UPLOAD WHEN I GET DONE. I THINK IT'll BE GOOD FOR ALL ARTISTS TRYING TO SELL A CD....

some tips of my own:

If you can get your hands on a sticker price tag thing. stick a price on every cd a little bit more than what you tryna sell it in the street for (if you selling for $10 put $13.95 on the label) and when you talk to them say you can goto "BLAH BLAH" and get it for $13.95 but we tryna get this out in the streets on the local scene and are letting it go for $10.

also i got a homeboi in St. Louis who got his name out by making a industry beat mixtape then on the end had like 4 single snippets of some of his real songs. He just passed them out everyone with his contact info on it. He'd put the cd on cars like you do fliers while they at the club and shit and all. Only problem would be cd's but if you got a lil to spend on cd's it's great promotion cause who wouldnt listen to a free cd.
    test
  6. ARCATEK

ARCATEK aka Case Jones

My advice is if your selling this cd just to make money you fighting a losing battle.Always remember not to over price. Why would the average consumer pay $10 for a cd from someone they never heard when the can go to bestbuy and buy a mainstream artist for $2.00 more. If you in this to make a name for yourself and want people to respect your music beacause you love it either give it away or brake down how much it cost you to package up your product.It shouldnt really cost you more than 2.00 per cd if you doing everything yourself,sell it at cost or mark it up a 1.00.
    test
  7. Hitman J

test
  8. Hitman J

test
  9. Hitman J

test
  10. MRI images

MRI images New Member

I saw this person in the mall with a black shirt that said in big white letters
    "Support Your Local Artist, Buy Album $5" he had a handful of cds. Also, I seen this other person selling cds, he had one of his boy with a proffesional looking camera, like photographer cameras, and handed out cds, and took pictures of the people holding their CD, also gave them a t-shirt and other promotional items..

test
  11. New B

New B Greatest Asian rapper?

depends what u wanna do, if $ is priority and gettin ur name out is 2nd, then put the album cover of some cd that didn't come out yet and put ur cd in the case and make sure in the intro it says ur real name. people get tricked into buyin that shit mad times. now if u want it to be legit, put the real shit and go to areas around big highschools right after school's over, cuz they'll be the most likely to buy. if the area around u is dangerous and they gon jack ya cds, get ya boy(or better yet, get an attractive girl) to do it for u, give him/her a lil profit.
    test
  12. Hitman J

test
  13. Hitman J

test
  14. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

oh word...who's ya boy in st. louis?
    test
  15. Rickey Isreal

Rickey Isreal Braze Boogie

Good thread indeed...once you get a good enough local buzz make sure to hit up those malls like others cat said. FYE is quick to put local shit on the shelves as long as it's pressed and has a barcode/soundscan.
    test
  16. Hitman J

test
  17. Hitman J

and this is how it goes down
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.