Local Cd Selling Hustle...

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Hitman J, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

true true

good idea

if everyone puts there ideas in it'll help everyone

ima drop my techniques i use soon
    test
  2. One-3D

One-3D ...100% Basementality...

last note...i think my approach will work extremely well if u got ur shit sold in retail stores...that will just drop the final blow on em. once they see that ur shit is actually out being sold in stores that just makes ur cd all the more desirable, hahaha.
    test
  3. Hitman J

test
  4. Praverb

Praverb I breathe hip hop...

upping for something
    test
  5. Hitman J

test
  6. Hitman J

yeeeesssir
    test
  7. Hitman J

test
  8. Hitman J

Yessssiiir
    test
  9. Hitman J

test
  10. Praverb

Praverb I breathe hip hop...

dangit let's get some more hehe
    test
  11. Hitman J

Welllllllll Uhhhh Huhhh
    test
  12. Dkaid

Dkaid Dkaid - Point Made

I'll tell you the best trick.

EXPERIENCE

The more you deal with people, and the more strange situations you get into with people trying to sell, the more "ammo" you have in your arsenal. I've heard it all, can't nobody say shit to faze me when im trying to sell. You gotta just get out there and quit worrying about it.
    test
  13. Hitman J

true true

keep it comin
    test
  14. Stryke

Stryke Strong Island's Finest

There's mad different hustles to get on, Im slacking big time but Im gonna help everyone out:

You gotta hit highly populated area's where you know people listen to hiphop - high schools, malls, movie theatres, other shows, ect.

If you got confidence in what you do, it will show when you present your product. You gotta have a CD player on you, or be in your whip or one of your people who got a system or hot truck - it looks even better if you roll up in a hooked up car and shit - people believe what they see, if it sounds corny your a moron because it's all about presentation.

Females are the easiest - younger females. Especially if you look good and got some game, aside from a CD sale - you'll have a number bagged as well. You step up to a girl or girls in the mall with confidence and humor like:

"What's going on, I didnt mean to interrupt yall beautiful ladies but do you listen to hiphop?"

"Umm - Yeah"

"OK that's wassup, Im here because Im an emcee (probably better off saying rapper) and Im selling my debut album, Im from (your town/area) and Im tryna get my name out, we working on some big things and Im just tryna give everyone the chance to hear what Im about and spread my music around before I get too big to walk through the mall (Insert Laugh) - Nah but for real, Im doing some big things and I think yall would enjoy the CD, I got the CD player right here if you wanna listen to it before you cop it to see for yourself, or if you want Ill even give you a little performance. The CD is only 6 dollars, and if you can honestly tell me you think it's wack Ill give you one for free."

"(Girls Giggle and Laugh) - Ill listen to it I guess"

"No doubt I appreciate that, what you wanna hear - some street shit? life shit? relationship shit? club banger?"

"Whatever you want to play"

"(Play whatever you think would appeal to them most)

"It's hot, it's better than I thought it would be"

"I appreciate that for real, thank you. So you wanna cop one? Ill throw you two for the price of one, give it to one of your people"

"I only got 4 dollars on me"

"Ahh your killing me, no doubt I got you though. I appreciate you taking the time to listen and hear me out, just make sure you spread the word because Im hookin you up!"

Boom, that's an easy sale - but just scenario one. The more shit you have, the better. In my case, I got the professionally pressed albums, t-shirts, stickers and posters - that shit looks bananas to the average mall walker or high school student.

Another SICK way to move units which my man just hooked me up with, go with some of your people - get some t-shirts and stickers made up for your product.

Have your boy bring a camcorder, hit those same places with all your CD's and promotional material - tell everyone that your shooting a DVD. Let's think about this -

Your walking through the mall, some cats run up on you talking about they rappers, they got real CD's, T-Shirts, Stickers, and they sellin them for 5 bucks or whatever, - OH PLUS your gonna be on the DVD. Obviously whether you cop it or not, your gonna go home and tell your boy "Yo I was on some unsigned cats DVD today" or whatever, it's a natural reaction. This works with most girls, some dudes, and younger people in general. People are quick to be like 'OH SHIT IM ON A DVD? YO ILL COP THAT' - they feed into the hype and belief. Now in my case, we really are collecting footage for a DVD but we gonna be putting together years of shit, but it's a ridiculous selling technique.

You gotta hustle and negotiate, if your sellin the product for 6 and someone only has 3 bucks, hook them up but stress to them that because your hookin them up they gotta promote it to all they people. Make sure you tell them to hit up the website, ect.

There's a ton of different scenarios and ways to move units, Im just too lazy to type more right now. I hope this helps someone.

NOW COP MY ALBUM BITCHES! COMES WITH PROMOTIONAL POSTER, STICKERS, AND SOME OTHER HOT SHIT -

http://www.star recordings.com - take out the space

http://www.audiostreet.net/stryke - album sampler and a few tracks

http://www.soundclick.com/stryke - various tracks and mixtape shit
    test
  15. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

^^THIS IS BAD ADVICE... kinda
    The fuck kinda parties u go to where nggas just let u put on a random ass CD?? Fuck around and get ya ass whooped if u turn off some shit in the middle of a party.

Instead, try to get the drunk mafuckas leaving. They tend to be generous with their dough.
    test
  16. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

LMAO @ Stryke and the word tracks... but it's the truth. Most of these cats on here aint got no game, let alone sales skills. Good advice there dawg, you're getting repped.
    test
  17. kloudy2

kloudy2 emcee / producer

I got CD's for sale right now in mad diffrent malls.. you can goto unversity at sonic tracks and cop my mixtape. sam goodys at internation mall, fade masters, magic mall, or benton records.. if you goto benton tjhey are the cheapest.. 5.99 a peice.. if you goto anywhere else they is 10$ each..
    benton is on the corner or waters ave. and hanley. in Tn C in tampa.. right by that after hours club.. (thirsty turtle) best advice i can say is that if you dont live in a metro area like NY, LA, or MIA dont even try it works somewhat but you aint gunna make no money.. if you are doing it for love and for expusure then do it but dont expect to make any dough
    test
  18. MRI images

MRI images New Member

test
  19. Phene

Phene High Off Life, LLC.

Let's see....How Can i Help others....

Iight...First off....Like many said, hit up Malls, high schools, highly populated areas in which fit your crowd best....All of these places.....If you take a few hours & go focus on pushing your sh!t to strangers, you'll get 2 things. ...Your music spread to new people, & experience in selling...Which will only make you better off as times ticks....

Also, get your CD in the local mixtape/cd stores. Get the word out around ya city that there's available in 1 or 2 certain spots, so people know how to easily grab a copy.

If you've got a club worthy song on your cd, GET IT PLAYED In bars, clubs, parties (for all age groups)....Give it to DJ's.....Pass of free copies to anybody who means something in your area. Why? Because they hold weight, & if they know you nice, people will catch on...

Biggest of all....Live performances & Shows.....Setup some shows...Open for whoever is coming around or who's already established. Send the people home with a new found respect for you. After that, people start talkin. Of course, sell or giveaway shit @ the shows if you can....

Experiance is key. It's easy to talk about all this, but once you got out & actually do it, that's something nobody can take from you.

now Go push some cds.
    test
  20. Hitman J

Stryke hit it on the ball.. I appreciate that man. I'm lookin for some more techniques to use like this what i'm doin is combinin all this shit and givin it to my artists so they got some new ideas when we go movin units..

next thing i want to cover is places to sell at...

alot of the places I see say "no solicitation" which they start bitchin if you out there solicitin and i think its a felony.

So what places do you hit up that is legal or whatever, thats another big problem.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.