Local Cd Selling Hustle...

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Hitman J, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRI images

MRI images New Member

make your self seem bigger than what your really are. People usually buy cds, because of word of mouth, if they believe your legit then they will buy it. If your approach in a person in a proffesional way, and don't look desperate they will buy it. Make sure that when your trying to sell cds, that you look clean that you don't look broke. Like this is not a part-time thing, but your serious. Have nice-looking clothes, fresh shoes, and make sure that you talk confidently and not scared of others reaction let them know that you know that you know your good. Also, maybe come up with a saying, a saying that you will say to any person your trying to sell to EVERYTIME. If your selling it for 5 dollars and they don't have 5 dollars, say i'll drop it down to 3. But if they have under three, say ayo, let me do you a favor..i'll let you have this one, makes them seem special. Say, check my website or w/e..tell them some of your accomplishments. Like them other people said, have posters, t-shirts, anything that a fan could have to show others is good. Sell at barbershops, (oh, when sellin at a barbershop come up to the person that cuts the hair, and say for every cd you sell you get half or w/e, then you come back in a week or so) They do it all the time, where i live but, mostly its bootleg movies, but you can do it with your album, also at malls, k-mart, wal-mart but ask the manager persmmision, iono I think its illegal without a liscence. have other people sell your cd say, for every cd you sell you get a dollar. Get people from every school, if you know any truck drivers give it to them, send it to people in other states tell them to sell it...have ur website on the cd..if they become a fan they would want to know more about you...If you appear that your someone to look out for, people would be like owe man, he might become famous. Maybe have a selling group couple of your friends with backpacks, and you sell it together, i think its better to sell in a group..then solo.
    test
  2. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

good advice man this is the type of shit im lookin for
    test
  3. Praverb

Praverb I breathe hip hop...

great advice Micflowave hit me on AIM mang
    test
  4. Hitman J

Uppin for moree shit
    test
  5. Hitman J

test
  6. Wargasms

Wargasms Neva 2 Old 2 Bust Rhymez

hah, i didnt think of the "group" thing, but imma use that when im ready to start selling the slept on fam joint.
    test
  7. Hitman J

True...uppin
    test
  8. Hitman J

test
  9. Hitman J

test
  10. Hitman J

Uppin That Thing
    test
  11. Hitman J

uppinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    test
  12. Praverb

Praverb I breathe hip hop...

upping for more ideas sticky sticky sticky
    test
  13. Jae ArzoniK

Jae ArzoniK Creme de le Him

this is a life saving thread
    test
  14. Rar One

Rar One Ima Cheer Leading Flowa

Hit up Town records, and ask them to be put into the Loco Artist section..

=)
    test
  15. Hitman J

test
  16. Non$en$e

Non$en$e The Truth

damn good shit I was just thinking about shit like this, mainly I hear that most people give their cd's away more then they sell them because people just don't want to waste money on someone they don't know about, but um yea i would ask younger brothers or sisters to take some to school with them and sell it, and give them a commision, if you sell drugs, give a cd away with every purchase lmao, iunno you gotta be creative, I wonder how ludacris did his shit cause I heard he made mad money just off selling his stuff out the trunk of his car. But yea this is a good post
    test
  17. Hitman J

Its all about your approach and your hustling skills pretty much i'm just tryin to find others techniques
    test
  18. Hitman J

test
  19. One-3D

One-3D ...100% Basementality...

what we're doin to promote the album release is by droppin a promo cd a couple months before our official release date. this builds awareness of the name and our music. we put 3 album tracks on the cd and give away about 20 copies every gig. free shit, no obligation, just take it with you. its also a great way to meet chicks; i just approach em, ask if they got a cd yet, give them one and u can take it anywhere from there on. ul be amazed to see how much people gravitate towards free shit.

depending on the crowd, u can pass it out before u start performing (announce the fact ur givin away free cds right before doin ur first song) to make them watch deeper into ur performance, or if the crowd's already anticipating ur shit or if u KNOW ur goin to have a TIGHT ASS performance where at the end everybody's goin to be like "ooohhhhhhh!" then pass it out at the end to "end ur show with a bang"
    test
  20. One-3D

One-3D ...100% Basementality...

oh yeah...on the promo cd, make sure u have contact information on there coz u never know where the cd will get. we have our manager's cellphone number up on there, email address as well as our website URL (www.audiblemcs.com if ever u wanna check it out). hope this helps someone out
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.