Loaded Lux : Bout My Money (Smack Diss) - Official Video.

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Sin Skywalker, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

GOT DAMN. Lux is a monster. :luxplease:
    test
  2. Kris Benwa

Kris Benwa Grown Man Bars....

Good fucking song and I feel like Lux deserves the money he's asking for he's damn near solely the reason Battle Rap has gotten as big as it did. And him vs Hollow would generate so much revenue Smack would definitely make it back easy
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. Sin Skywalker

I dunno the personal / business issues they got going on. I do think battle rappers are asking for incredible amounts of money for battles and they should chill / be humble. But it is what it is at the end of the day.

I wonder how much the battler rappers asking for 9, 10, 20 K + get for SHOWS they do?
    test
  4. Joey Clips

Joey Clips Well-Known Member

lux dont make shit for a show.. at the same time it doesnt take as much time to prepare for show.. but smack had a good point how u gonna ask for crazy money then show up unprepared... to me if lux wants to battle he should take less money and put on a couple of incredible performances before he starts making demands... smacks doing fine without lux i dont think u could say that the other way around... look at this video for instance.. some budget they had on this one
    test
  5. Kris Benwa

But while Lux was unprepared the first round his third round was the talk of the rap world in and out of battle for a while after it dropped. Shit the battle damn near got 3 million views. Lux was just on Mac Miller's album and ripped it. Smack is doing just fine without Lux but he could be doing even better with Lux. The amount of money that could be generated from Lux vs Hollow would be ridiculous I'd say paying Lux that money would be an investment he's shown would be worth it.
    test
  6. Kris Benwa

Sorry for double post but if I had the money I'd book the battle ask to see their rounds beforehand to make sure they were monumental as they can be then just sit back and let the money come in after the battle
    test
  7. Sin Skywalker

You think it's harder to prepare for a battle than a show? Don't concerts usually run an hour or so? Some a little more, some a little less. (I haven't been to a concert since the Jay Z / 50 Cent ROC The Mic shit, tbh).

But a battle is like... 9-10 minutes of material give or take?
    test
  8. Sin Skywalker

This is a good point. Lux was getting props from EVERYWHERE, wasn't it? From Jay-Z to Busta Rhymes to Kevin Durant, ect ect ect.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. Kris Benwa

Definitely dude Lupe even said one of his lines and said beloved on a song come on man Lux=cash
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. Sin Skywalker

Lupe >>>

Get this REP. :luxplease:
    test
  11. Kris Benwa

Thank you for that rep Beloved :lux3:
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. KooL La!d

KooL La!d iRock Cafe

Lux tore this shit apart...
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  13. Sin Skywalker

Definitely. Lux a monster man.
    test
  14. walk with me

walk with me Member

I wrote this on another forum. Lux been my guy since 04.... favorite battler by far...

"

I literally signed up to this forum to specifically participate on this thread.

so....

I've been a lux fan since like 04 and just wanted to have this discusison wtih some fellow battle rap fans. It seems like most people are not feeling the approach lux or mook have but we have some of the key details in luxs hip hop dx interview about the situation. The key facts are so....

Smack/URL had an agreement in place with lux in MARCH for lux vs HTD for SM3 <- this seems consistent with everything weve seen

Lux demands 40k from smack/url pending they offer viewers a live ppv (20$) or on demand (2$ after event) for PPV lux would get paid 1% of the ppv sales which would wind up being like 600k (based on lux evaluation he's assuming the PPV would sell 3 mil PPVs which totals up to 60 mil (reasonably realistic.. I'd imagine they would atleast touch 1.5 mil PPVs) or 30% of total revenue from the video on demand buys (smack recoups 50% of the 40k upfront that lux is owed after the sm3) <- this also seems realistic and fair but the biggest thing here is we don't know if this was discussed in the march meetings or if lux made this request recently.

then smack disses lux
    and Lux disses smack / url

with all that said there 2 key factors in who to blame here. if lux discussed the PPV revenue during the march meetings smack is 100% at fault, i personally believe this is what happened because smack/url has proved to be pretty unorganized in the past. I'd imagine they promised the could deliver on the PPV / VOD request and when trying to set everything up and in typical smack / url fashion they couldn't meet the time deadline and asked lux to take less money for the battle and lux said no and SMACK/URL was feeling assed out since they advertised lux vs hollow for months. Out of anger smack probably came out with that video frustrated that SM3 fell apart so they re-arranged the entire card.

the other scenario is lux accepted for less money and then came back to the table months later with the PPV/video on demand scheme and saying he now wants 40k. I think lux is pretty reasonable and also seems pretty intelligent so I can't imagine that he tried to strong arm smack in that way... but you never know

Lux has proved time and time again that while everyone else is playing checkers he's trying to play chess. Lux seemed like he was ready to take battle rapping to the next level (financially included) and smack / URL were sitting on their hands. I don't blame lux for this at all... I think he's right in asking for the money based on the view counts of all SM2 videos, all of which are around 1.7 - 2.0 mil + . You could assume a PPV or VOD broadcasts of the event would perform in similar fashion.

questions I have

- did smack blow the timing on the PPV / Video on demand element or did he do research and figure out that battle raps aren't that successful in the PPV space (battle rap america has tried this I believe... actually those were VOD. Maybe KOTD has done PPV before and smack and drect spoke about it. If drect let smack know that PPV was ass I could imagine he backed on the PPV idea but I'd imagine smack would go for the PPV idea. 60 mil sounds amazing for doing what he's been doing for the past few years)

- when did lux ask for the 40k (if it was in march smack is unprofessional as fuck. if it was in the summer time... which i doubt... lux made a mistake in asking for so much bread with so little lead time)

- why is smack bitter at lux? if dude wants 40k thats fine ... delusional or not it doesn't really warrant a diss video which further points in lux declining after smack begged lux to do sm3 for less $.. Mook has been said he wanted 40k but you don't see smack singling him out in a diss video

- if URL/smack wasn't feeling the pressure then how come he's disabled comments in his past 2 videos? Norbes had to do the intro for the new proving grounds battle released today. Clearly smack was talking reckless on the SM3 announcement video and they released it anyways cause smack is their man and smack is on time out now until some of the lux vs smack shit boils over....

the more and more i think about it the more i feel like smack is just being an unprofessional bitch. Prior to the diss video he's been reaching new heights in annoying that can only be matched by international P. Smack was definitely hot at lux for not accepting during SM3 and making him look like a fool to his fans so smack tried to reverse the situation and make it seem like lux was in the wrong....

hence lux's "you took a mile off an inch" line... give someone an inch and they go a mile

fuck smack..... ITS LOADED BITCH!!!!!

"
    test
  15. Detroit

Detroit The d is silent

Lol@60 million off of ppv u have got to be fucking kidding me lmao
    test
  16. Kris Benwa

What's so far fetched about that 3 million watched Him vs Calicoe if they charged everyone 20 bucks to watch that there's 60 mill but this Lux vs Hollow a battle that everyone wants to see and has wanted to see for years So that's more than 3 million views. The only problem I see is that not that many people would be willing to pay and a lot of people watched that battle more than once and it would have to be at a time where at least 3 million people would be able to watch it
    test