lmao@ Chuck Liddell hating on Kimbo

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Z. Spitwell, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoardWalk

BoardWalk it's a monopoly.

Maybe in UFC 1-5 Royce was your boy. I watched that fight.

John Mccarthy did that man a favor IMO.. He was getting fucked up..

Starts with some trading blows, some kicks by Royce, Matt gets a solid left on Royce. Hughes backed him into the fence. Finally the fight goes to the ground, and Royce started to work, trying to get Hughes into a submission. Hughes gets Royce into a nasty looking arm lock. Gracie refuses to tap, even when his arm looked to have been broken (As they Gracies have some pact they don't tap). Royce eventually broke free, only to end up with Hughes getting his back. Hughes starts a fierce ground and pound session, raining down elbows and punches on the back and head of Gracie. After several unanswered blows, the fight was stopped at 4:39 of the first round.

They should have let Hughes just beat him to death, that would make more sense according to Mr. ML.
    test
  2. streets

streets New Member

test
  3. BoardWalk

test
  4. double ML

double ML Guest

royce gracie >
    test
  5. BoardWalk

test
  6. BoardWalk

Ok so anyways..

I'd say Kimbo could easily take out a minimum of 3 gracies at once. He's just KO one after the other, shit would be like an old episode of Batman. *BAM* *POW* *KABOOM* Gracies droppin like flies.

He trains with Bas Rutten you know. Fuckin EL GUAPO himself. It's a no brainer.
    test
  7. double ML

double ML Guest

test
  8. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

royce got dominated by hughes. hes too old.

there ARE gracies still in mma and there are some MONSTER gracies just reaching the age to fight.
    test
  9. double ML

double ML Guest

test
  10. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

see, here you come when nobody really mentioned kimbo
    i took his post as sarcasm, maybe it wasnt tho

regardless..

[​IMG]

heard they got new flavors
    test
  11. TheWarchief

TheWarchief Well-Known Member

every post has been a joke, but these MMA nuts bite troll bait so easily it's hard to resist
    test
  12. jayoo

ps: gracies are an AMAZING family... always been entertaining to watch and im still a huge royce fan, lose or not, shit they founded or co-founded the UFC, hes to old though now thats agreed.
    test
  13. double ML

double ML Guest

test
  14. TheWarchief

TheWarchief Well-Known Member

double is still a boss though
    test
  15. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

excatly. plus Roger is suppose to be making a move to MMA. how about that for a Kimbo fight. Roger Gracie vs Kimbo Slice. standing Rear naked choke FTW
    test
  16. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

getting subbed by a BJJ black belt is nothing to be ashamed of. anyone who says different has never rolled with anyone ever in there life.
    test
  17. jayoo

exactly, making my point even more valid (by the way i never said it is anything to be ashamed of)

sooo... why is his wrestling record constantly getting mentioned and getting highly regarded? it apparently means shit when it comes to the MMA world anymore. yeah back in the day mark coleman among others tore shit up coming straight from a wrestling background, but nobody is coming with STRICTLY wrestling anymore, all those wrestlers are now versed in OTHER fighting styles. why? because wrestling no longer cuts it.. aka my point

"he was a collegiate champion in wrestling".. so what?
    test
  18. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

it still gives him a significant base to start from.

all wrestlers are susceptible to leg locks, since it isnt something they normally have to watch out for in wrestling.

however you take an amazing wrestler and teach him a couple submissions, he will be submitting people at a near black belt level in no time.

my friend, for example has wrestled for almost 20 years. he is a national champ and started bjj around the same time i did. he OWNS me constantly, and when we go to compete, he competes at the black belt level instead of blue belt which he and i are.

brock got submitted with a leg lock, but i guarantee you he learned from it and wont ever get submitted by one again.
    test
  19. jayoo

well, we all hope lol
    i dunno i mean we'll see

brock is a beast, thats a fact, but i just feel like he showed the worst control of any fighter ive ever seen in the cage, he didnt pace himself, nothing, he came out just wildly swinging hammer punches and such, it seemed to work at first but that all ended not to long after it started.

despite his training he just looked like a school kid in a fight, swinging wild fists around with no control or gameplan
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.