LMAO!!!! Bobby Valentino & management shits on upcoming producer

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by BUSSHEAD Prod, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

the hamburglar is a white man in a striped suit....
    test
  2. urban_tactics

i'm just sayin....in any life situation...if u come across as a bitch, ppl gon walk all over u....that goes for the workplace....even realtionships with women

the story he described makes me feel like them cats aint have an ounce of respect for him and was just pimpin him around like a lil bitch and not bothering to be low key with it at all....just throwin it all on front street.......
    test
  3. Gamshooter

Gamshooter New Member

see its one thing about getting low balled, thats a given if u are "unknown" and to be honest in the situation i woulda took a low amount of upfront aslong as i was getting proper royalty because his album will probably sell well

HOWEVER

if all that is true, they worked close in the studio and even on holidays and he worked hard to help him finish shit and did all that for him

boby v is fucking A LAME if then he turned around and pulled this shit

if someone works with u hard and on times when no one else will like xmass or whatever u gotta give him the fuckin RESPECT to pay him when it comes time, he has a budget he could pay him something decent...now if dude was askin 50k a song or something nuts the first time out ya then i can see them saying are u fucking nuts!

but if his price was resonable or standard for a new guy they should just pay him

besides they are dumb because having a hard worker on the team is worth a lot more then the little cash from the budget they would save
    test
  4. kojo

kojo New Member

yep. and thats the most frustrating thing about the industry right now to me. our manager a lil while ago was like "look u guys got the talent, youre ready music-wise, but you need to build your rep and get a buzz thoughout the region so you have leverage". so thats what were doing, building solid relationships with good rap artists up and down the eastcoast/south/west and working on R&B songs to sell to the majors.

it seems like nobody got in the position they are major-wise without paying some mighty dues in one way or another...dude is in a pretty bad situation because he just burned a bridge and one thing u never wanna do in business is burn bridges, thats a potential black ball situation righ there.
    test
  5. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

that sounds like a fucked up situation, but i bet u this type of shit is the norm in the industry...i think dude saw the situation (before shit went down) in a completely different light then the other side...he was probably blinded by the opportunity, and couldnt tell what was really the deal....still though, i think everybody has to go through some bullshit like that at least once as they are workin there way through the music industry, ya gotta be careful...

there was this documentary on bet to night about the unsigned artist and tryin to get in the game, and krs gave some really good advice...he basically said that you cant have any fear as you go into the game, that includes not being scared to get fucked over...i think the dude did the right things, and should take the placements and credit with whatever little money he can get at this point, and move forward with a couple bobby v tracks under his belt and a learning experience...if this shit happens to him again though, then fuck him, he is an idiot and deserves it
    test
  6. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

hes the one that put it out in the open not them.
    test
  7. urban_tactics

nah i'm talkin about them straight shittin on him over the phone.....when usually dudes snake u on the low....these dudes straight shitted on him on the forefront like "do somthin"
    test
  8. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

he really cant do anything though they pull his track oh well to them they can find another one but he loses it hes losing a real good credit and resume builder. their always gonna have the upper hand on u.
    test
  9. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

man thats fucked

thinking logically right now..
    if i didnt have a contract with them and they gave me a lower offer than what we first agreed on

id have to get it documented, signed or a recorded verbal agreement
    then id jus go with that

so this way...the next artist couldnt tell me ima nobody and nobody would fuck with me

but thats cuz im sitting here calm
    i dunno what id be thinking had i been in his situation..
    test
  10. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

on bobby v's managements myspace the lil quote next to the picture says

"Who can u really trust?"

aint that a b...
    test
  11. GTDProductions

GTDProductions Aye

I would like to know what they where offering him as a new price. From the way he was talking sounded like $1,500 or 2000. It's alright he kept it cool on the phone and kept his pride. He sayin he spent all this time working with Bobby on holidays and free extras and shit.

I mean I might of took the offer, but maybe he was thinking, he had a bond and he worked his ass off even on the holidays, and they want to pay him some checks he could make working at fred myers for a month.

All that just so Bobby could buy another jacob.
    test
  12. kojo

kojo New Member

man i wouldnt be surprised if Bobby dont got much money...
    test
  13. urban_tactics

i was just about to say that.....i dont even think he went platinum on his first album....lol

bobby most likely still owe the label money....
    test
  14. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

Man, that placement is worth more than the money that he's whinin about. Now, instead of sucking it up and taking the few grand or whatever but having a placement on a major label release, he has 0 money, days of wasted time, and his "pride." Wow, what a genius.
    test
  15. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

yeh but its one thing when they tell u that from jump..and when they gas u up and make u think they're gonna look out for u when its time to handle the buisness end..THATS the problem...u they came at dude from day one like " ight homie look, ur new..we cant give u top dollar, but we can offer u a spot on the album..u may not get much bread upfront but at least you'll have this track under ya belt" im sure dude wudda been cool with that...but i doubt thats how it went...alot of these cats do that type of shit on purpose..gas u the fuck up...get u to make the music first..THEN they'll break out the bullshit when it comes to money.
    test
  16. GTDProductions

GTDProductions Aye

I'm sayin what if that was you? And you knew you where hot, would you let a little 5'3 cat push you around like that?
    What you take $2000-3000, yea you got money but for what, to upgrade your motif rack? buy you some new monitors? what about the jewelry you thought you could get, or the down payment on a new car you had in mind?
    Think some of the bigger names even on Rapmusic take a weak deal like that or be pushed around like that, hell na.
    test
  17. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

I would say fuck it and then collect my gold plaque in a couple of months.

Notice how you lookin to buy jewelry or a new car and look down on buying new sound modules or monitors. Haha, all you in it for is the quick buck.
    test
  18. GTDProductions

GTDProductions Aye

So I help a person get a gold plauqe and a shit load of money. And I get a few bucks? How does that add up?

And about the modules and monitors, of course I would spend the money on things I need to improve my music.
    I said if the dude gave you 2000-3000 dollars then thats all you would have the money for.
    What if someone paid you $10,000-15,000 you wouldn't go out and buy somthing nice for yourself? to say you made it. Now adays you have to look the part to be taken serious.

I mean you if in the music game just for the love of music, then give your tracks away for free, and see how long your gold plauqe feed your wife and kids.
    test
  19. kojo

kojo New Member

he sold about 600 thousand...not a great look if were going off albums, of course theres iTunes and Ringtones but Tim and Bob production and those motion picture sampled singles he dropped aint cheap, they probably made no real money off them cuz of publishing...
    test
  20. -Caliban-

-Caliban- New Member

It's called an investment, give up money now to make more money in the future.

How much you think Heatmakerz got paid for their initial Dipset beats? Probably nothin more than a couple grand. Now they get at least 50 g's per beat and people are demandin their beats.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.