Lloyd Banks doesn't get enough credit

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Vulgar, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo
    test
  2. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

I never really hated on any of the gunit members like most people did once the lox/game started shitting on them even though i was always feeling the lox. I thought beg for mercy was pretty good but i was never really feeling banks, i preferred 50 and buck, hes good enough lyrically but im just not feeling his flow or voice to check his shit.

I really cant imagine anything banks making topping grodt, might have to check that. Banks has been better than 50 for awhile now though.

I was always feeling obie trice, hes not the best mc but his first album was dope and his 2nd album was nice aswell from what i remember. He always came correct on em/d12 tracks. Hes pretty versatile and managed to put out good singles without making some bullshit. He always had dope nate dogg features on his albums which is always a plus.

I used to love this track. I forgot banks was onit, everyone spits a nice verse onit but redman murdered that beat.
    test
  3. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I don't know what it is I don't like about Obie. Like, I can hear him putting rhymes together in interesting ways and saying alright shit, but it's like doesn't even have a face in my head when comes on, I don't really know what he's about and he keeps things on too even a keel.
    test
  4. koolbreeze1981

koolbreeze1981 Member

To be honest Banks doesn't make enough moves. He disappears for long periods like right now. No features, no freestyles, no interviews, no videos. He never does enough to really get his name out there. When people put out a mixtape they be promoting that like its an official album with videos and all that shit. Banks put it out there to download but that is it. He was stuck in Fif's shadow for awhile but with Fif being a part-time rapper these days that can no longer be an excuse.

I still got all his mixtapes and albums on constant rotation, but he needs to step up his grind.
    test
  5. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

been dope
    test
  6. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

I been one of his biggest fans since '03. He's a much more complete artist now, although I struggle to understand his voice nowadays and prefer his older voice.

He kills mixtapes, as everyone knows, and his debut album is a top 10 personal favourite. Grimy beats on it match his delivery and flow.

I agree with the person above who said he doesn't make enough moves. Like where the fuck is he? He's only 3 albums deep. Come on Banks FFS!!!

And please step out of your comfort zone more. You CAN make more personal, somber tracks. You're not in Fifty's shadow anymore and no one gives a fuck about the G-Unit 'formula'. Make a dope concept album or something.
    test
  7. the rhyme king 25

the rhyme king 25 Member

test
  8. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Short change.
    test
  9. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

mak thinks you can't change your mind outside of america. like if you get on a bus to go somewhere, you can't get off. or if you turn left, you can't turn right.
    test
  10. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

In defense of America.....Mak does NOT speak for the majority of us.....dude can barely speak for himself.
    test
  11. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

that's not the real Mak, all joking/ trolling aside.

i told u this @DemiGod
    test
  12. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

fake mak or real mak, it's a funny TV show
    test
  13. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Fake mak > real mak.
    test
  14. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar