Lingual....

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by I.N.F.O.theking, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

At the very least. I hate that typical George Bush-esque response...."I have black friends, or I talked to my black friends on clarify things to the contrary of what you're trying to portray" type bullshit.

Blah
    test
  2. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i thought i was the only one. Them and the white guy that says "I can say nigga i have a black friend who doesnt mind it"
    test
  3. (( Ozone ))

(( Ozone )) t-t-t-t-toxiq

lmaoooo

you aint neva lie

there's 6 generic responses you'll ALWAYS get on here everytime race discussions take place...

1) i'm not racist, i have black friends
    2) i can say nigga, my black friends don't mind
    3) if i can't say it... then you shouldn't be able to say it, it's not fair
    4) go back to africa if you don't like it
    5) slavery happened years ago wtf, get over it
    6) i was just kidding guys

lol every race thread son, you're guaranteed to see at least 3 or 4 of those responses. shit is comedy to me
    test
  4. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

if youve ever let some one use a racial slur in your presence with out atleast mentioning to them how offensive it is and passing it off jus because they're a 'friend'

youre just as much a part of the problem

imagine letting some one disrespect your sister in public
    then being up set when some one you dont know disrespects your sister as well.

thats backwards.
    test
  5. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

my favorite one there is the its not fair one. Its not fair that I cant go to certain places without gettin into fights with white people because they aint ever seen black people before or try to show off kuz they feel they are better. Its not fair that I get watched in stores mean while its the white boy who is stealin shit. Its not fair that there is so much of my history and family ties that I will never know of because of slavery and Id like to go back to africa but Ive never been to africa and I am not african so that statement should never come from anyone with a minimal amount of intelligence. Lets be real the only people who belong in the US are the natives and tehy are the ones who got fucked the hardest.
    test
  6. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

That's SOMEWHAT accurate. The thing is, as I said earlier, I have friends who I wouldn't care if they said it or not because of our relationship. And because of my same relationship with that person, being a true homie about it....it wouldn't even cross their mind to say it.

And the analogy falls apart a little because it's such a tender race issue. One which has went through transitions to try and abolish the negativity of it. So it would kinda be backwards for a black dude that has cool Asian friend and the black guy strictly says "nigga" as a term of endearment to have his closest friend who happens to be an Asian to step to him because of it.

And usually, it seems to be the black guy who initiates whether it's cool or not (at least in a more respectful environment) by perhaps joking around like, "you're my nig" or something.

Plus as I said, we're all grown men with, I hope, a small knowledge of history. We shouldn't have to tell anyone that it's disrespectful. That knowledge should be there by default.

Disrespecting my sister (on a smaller scale-personal level) is much more different than disrespecting a people (much wider scale-indirect emotional clusters erupt because of the history of it). While the history of the sister being disrespecting can't be measured to it. And I only have so man sisters, not like he can disrespect my sister in front of everyone in Best Buy by calling her a slut and everyone in there who is not my sister will react. But if he called her “yo, sup nigga” in Best Buy, all the other “sistas” (lol) will react. And the dudes as well.

And sorry, trying to equalize the disrespectful banter and rants I, or anyone else has received because someone chose to chill and let a close friends of ours say it, not cool. I’m not as big of a part of the problem for letting my homie Jonathan say the N word as a police force using the word while profiling a group of people. I remember when I was in college my professor brought this article up on that very response you gave. And I loved it, like…basically it said, we shouldn’t have to step up and fight and teach and all of that history, or even just check someone on it, rather than just being able to live and make that decision ourselves because we’re black. I shouldn’t have to tell everyone white guy that uses the word about the history of it, or make some sort of stand. That’s unfair to those that don’t want to be put in that position, and we shouldn’t have to.

For example, my brother had an attack about a month ago, took him to the ER. He was in there telling a doctor his symptoms (well, I was cuz he couldn’t talk) and I could hear this lady in the next room screaming uncontrollably at her son. Mad that he brought her to “a •••••• Newport News hospital to be around a bunch of ••••s for nothing.” How did I contribute to having to witness/hear that while my brother’s in the next room gasping for air by letting my friend Jonathan (who I’m cool with once again) say the word if he wanted to because of how close we are?

Basically, if we’re honestly trying to make the word have some positive reinforcement in it and a term of endearment, then you would expect it to be able to be applied to those you’re close with. But I get pissed at those we try to take claim, a pass, or feel they should use it no matter who they don’t know. That’s trying to be disrespectful, because you don’t have a rapport like that on that wide of a scale to take that risk nahimean?

By the way, family is a completely different bracket for me. I'm crazy when it comes to my fam so, lol...I'm holding them down no matter
    test
  7. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

The whole concept of white folks sayin "Nigga" is flawed, because white folks will not call each other "Nigga" as a term of endearment. They get around Black folks and try to sound cool sayin that shit. So even in saying it in a manner which you feel is "The non offensive way of sayin it" you are still directing the usage as a connotation of my race and ethnic background, so it becomes a very flawed issue.
    test
  8. MisterRock

MisterRock Fah Cure Momz

from now on im callin all my black homies chanks
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.