Lil' Wayne - Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Lost Prophet, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj battle cry

dj battle cry Active Member

youv been watching football since 97 so thats enough time to know whats good with dan marino? dude started playing in like 82 you fucking retarded child, i can tell youd be one of the most annoying people ive ever met....dan marino was a good among men, and i dont take shit away from favre............. marino, montana, favre, elway, manning.....thats the list fuckers
    test
  2. KNoXvillE

KNoXvillE Str8 MAjor LeAf FuNKy!

do some research too, There's a lot of shit marino is kill'n him in. & those main records he holds, came after the 1st time he retired. Like most touchdowns and passing yards
    test
  3. KNoXvillE

That sums it up.

DEAD THIS THREAD!!!!
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I been watching football forever too. And no, OJ Mcduffie was solid. Marino really never had weapons and I'm the first to admit that shit. I'm sorry. He never had a running back or many receivers. Favre def'nitely had more offensive weapons, even tho' it wasn't much. And again, Sterling Sharpe was one of the best receivers in the NFL (if not the best) EVEN IN THE RICE/MONTANA ERA. His career just ended short cuz of an injury. And Robert Brooks and Antonio Freeman weren't too shabby themselves (not great but very good)... Favre made them better than they were.

But Favre's defense wasn't always great. AGAIN... It was good the Superbowl years and maybe two years ago. Marino had some very good defenses so I have to disagree with that tho'.
    test
  5. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Unitas forever will be in the QB discussion. I agree for the most part but I have Favre at one... And you're missing Tom Brady being in there too... What takes away from Manning is his horrific playoff performances... HE'S NEVER HAD A GOOD PLAYOFF. Even the year they went to the Superbowl (when he broke NFL records 'n shit...) he sucked in the playoffs. If Mcnair didn't play so bad, they would've beat the Colts. And the Patriots choked also but Manning was terrible in that game too (3 picks in the first half - even if he did step it up in the second a 'lil bit). HE'S HORRIBLE IN THE PLAYOFFS. And to be one of the greatest, you do have to step up in crunchtime... He wasn't good in the Superbowl either. I remember that season they had one of the worst rush defenses in the league and suddenly, out the blue they wanted to shut every rushing team down. THAT'S WHY THEY WON THE SUPERBOWL THAT YEAR. Defense...
    test
  6. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

No... You're wrong. He broke the records before the first time he retired. He broke all the NFL records as a Packer. You do research... I don't have to. I'm a HUGE Favre fan. Followed him his entire career. HE BROKE PRACTICALLY EVERY PASSING RECORD AS A PACKER.

And the main area Marino had Favre beat was efficiency (accuracy). He was one of the most accurate passers in NFL history.... But A LOT of that had to do with him not being a risk taker... He didn't throw the deep ball all that often... Same thing with Montana and even Phil Simms. When you take less chances, you're obviously going to be more efficient. Favre took a lotta stupid risks too but just as many times as they didn't work, they worked (obviously). For every interception he threw, he threw several more TD's and had clutch comeback victories in the fourth quarter and huge game ending drives. When everyone saw the Niners using that 4 step drop west coast offense where they did a lotta short throws and just move the ball, a lotta other teams started doin' it. Hence, higher accuracy QB's.

Favre was the QB that would see two linebackers or safeties or a corner and a safety or defenders (PERIOD) covering a receiver and believe in his accuracy and arm strength so much he would throw a laser into the tightest spot and hit the receiver. No, it didn't always work but for every time it didn't, he made it work 2 or 3 or 4 more times. He's the epitome of what a great quarterback and athlete should be. Wear your heart on your sleeve and play the game with every ounce of emotion you have in you. If you watched Favre as much as I did in his career, you'll know how incredible that guy was. I've never seen a quarterback play like that... EVER.
    test
  7. KNoXvillE

you dumbass, He retired from Green Bay, came back to them. Retired again, then went to Jets. and he's bout to try and do it again. I like Favre too, but he was no Marino.
    test
  8. KNoXvillE

I know he didn't have any great recievers. He had like you said, soild ones. And Marino had maybe 2 good running backs throughout his career. That's where we always lost. I remember back in the day, they were talking like Barry sanders was gonna come to MIA. What a dick tease
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

No he didn't you dumb muh'fucka. I've been following Bret Favre his ENTIRE career. And NO! He pondered retiring numerous times but he never officially retired. HIS FIRST RETIREMENT WAS THE OFFSEASON BEFORE HE WENT TO THE JETS. Go do your fuckin' research. He's retired twice and this past season was the second. DUMBASS....
    test
  10. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Detroit never wanted to let Barry Sanders go. They weren't ever going to... Ya'll had Kareem Abdul Jabbar... haha... I remember he got sued over the name.
    test
  11. KNoXvillE

That fool was done, He maybe didn't have a press conference for it. but that man was done. So you're right he didn't retire but he came back to break those records. haha He did have a good last year with the Packers. I'll give him credit
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Again, you haven't followed Favre's career indepth if you think that. HE WASN'T DONE. His team SUCKED those years he was that bad. And anybody who knows football knows that even more than receivers, the offensive line is the most important part for a successful season. And the year they went 4-12, there first string running back, receivers, and line got hurt. Then a lotta the offensive linemen second string got hurt and they were playing with a lotta third string players. THAT'S WHY HE SUCKED THAT 4-12 YEAR. He wasn't finished.

The year immediately after that, they started of like 1-8 and finished the season 8-8 (again because of injuries). And their defense was HORRIBLE those years.

The last season, they were finally healthy and got some more pieces for Favre to work with and went 13-3.

He wasn't done... He still isn't. Last year he played amazing until he tore that shit in his arm and played half the season injured. It was so obvious because I watched almost every Jet game last year. Out the blue, his arm strength just died and he couldn't throw the deep ball at all. And his accuracy just completely disappeared. He tried not to make excuses but at the end of the season, team doctors were saying he had a tear in his bicep tendon. He has a LOT left. He just has to be healthy and have some talent around him (just like any other quarterback needs).
    test
  13. KNoXvillE

You got me. I was never a Favre fan. That's why I don't jock him like you.
    test
  14. PiffInDaHamper

PiffInDaHamper New Member

i know the most

i wont even read ur replies
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.