Let's talk Lord Jamar

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Tacky Jones, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

I mean, I wouldn't say his comments were anti-white, but they were definitely meant to divide.

He said whites are a guest in hiphop, Mack is pushing a gay agenda(wish I believe he tried to tie that in t being a white thing but it's been a while and I honestly don't remember) and that whites need a cosign from blacks to rap, which there's obvious exceptions to this, such as the two dudes he's been going at. Idk that anyone has consigned Mack, and yela's cosign us eminem.

But tell me, who is raping the culture more? A white dude with something to say or some brain dead muhfucka like Gucci?
    test
  2. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Music doesn't belong to anyone.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Basically, blacks like Lord Jamar feel the way that they do because of the history of black innovations in America being stolen from blacks or not credit towards blacks. It happened with key inventions in science and with musical genres like jazz, blues and rock n' roll. So black hip hoppers have been pretty protective over the culture because of that history. You have to understand that to know where Jamar is coming from. He doesn't want it to get to the point where people start to forget that blacks created it.
    test
  4. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

lol, because I'm black.

And I understand Rock's context, because I have an older uncle (87 years old) who's the most racist white devil hatin old black man ever. However, I see a line in the sand where before the line you have that mentality and after you don't. Jamar is still of the era where he was, at least heavily influenced by those people to be that way.

I'm pro black (very anti nigga, tho) and I hold virtually no views about race in common with Jamar.

Oddly enough, I saw a video recently uploaded by Vlad, the Miley Cyrus one where I thought he was on point with. Was the most sense of heard him make since Vlad sat him and Star down.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

That's true for a lot of people, but you gotta know what/who I come from, and where I've been, to know me.

All I know is forced upheavel, loss, fear of society and fear of the system... I was raised that way and made that way. It's in my gypsy blood. We're a protected class in some European countries, but every 20-30 years they start trying to ethnically cleanse us... here in the US, nobody even knows what I am or comprehends my circumstances.

My life, culture and psyche is why I need rhythm, poetry, and revolution. For all his insight, someone like Jamar has something I could only dream of... lifelong stability and validation. In his scholastic perspective, I might just be a caucus mountain albino monkey, but lookin' up from down here, this is what I see lookin' down at me:

[​IMG]

I agree with that. Hardly anybody pays homage anymore, or even likes to acknowledge their progenitors (because it might invalidate their "originality" and current "best of the best" status).... but if you speak the same language, you should be understood. There's only a handful of originators and pioneers who can truly claim hip-hop, so at the end of day, your own hip-hop is the house you inhabit and the bricks you laid. You can't claim someone else's art by virtue of lordship, that may not even be a noble title you can rightfully lay claim to. I don't even really like Necro, but he said it best... Kool G Rap trumps Jamar, and if he wants to address that gay shit and macklemore, go for it, but it's got nothing to do with white rappers as a whole. We make hip-hop too, and cultural misappropriation by hollywood homos, pop music and outliers can be construed as misrepresenting us too.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    test