lets talk about occupy wall street

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by avocado, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roc55555

roc55555 Well-Known Member

test
  2. IrishRebel

IrishRebel Member

100 pounds sterling = 157.34 US Dollars

I'll leave you with this quote

You are a complete moron who honestly doesn't understand what you're talking about even though you think you do
    test
  3. ColbyCorino

ColbyCorino WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!

Yeah I don't understand a damn thing about currencies, I just make a shitload of money trading them and have done so for years. Considering 90%+ of the people who do what I do, lose money doing it, I think I kind of know what I'm talking about.

Sorry, but that's just a fact you really can't argue with.

The USD > The pound sterling. Just because GBPUSD < 1 you think the pound is more valuable than the USD. LOL @ that. You honestly DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Again, just a fact you really can't argue with.
    test
  4. ColbyCorino

Wowowowowow. I can't get over the fact someone just, well, I guess they didn't state it. But they sort of hinted at the fact that they MIGHT think the pound is more valuable than the dollar. That's fucking HILARIOUS. Absolutely fucking hilarious.
    test
  5. onlyoneq

onlyoneq New Member

are you trolling?
    test
  6. Chaunce922

Chaunce922 New Member

$100 australian = like $90-94 american...
    test
  7. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

This guy Colby is the quintessential idiot. Whatever this guy does for a living (commodities trader?) must be preventing him from pulling his head from betwixt his flatulent ass cheeks.
    test
  8. larry word

larry word get sauced n dip

this cat just said betwixt
    test
  9. Ravenous510

betwixt you beezy!......forget all the things! Aljar;ghaior4htaol/jadfn,ndzbjvgak;riobgioarao'hg
    test
  10. avocado

avocado Well-Known Member

So ravanous or Tyrone what do you guys suggest in terms of reform this country can try?

Really interested in your takes cause your posts have been on point
    test
  11. IrishRebel

IrishRebel Member

100 US Dollars = 63.68 Pounds Sterling

test
  12. IrishRebel

IrishRebel Member

If I want stuff the cheapest possible way, my best bet would be to ship it from America as it works out as half the price of the pound, and thats a fact.
    test
  13. larry word

what?
    test
  14. ColbyCorino

No, I'm honestly not.

Yes, I know that. That doesn't make the pound more valuable than the dollar you fucking idiot. That's what you dumbasses dont realize.
    test
  15. IrishRebel

IrishRebel Member

Well back up your theory.

Its no different than pounds to Naira

100pounds = 25130 Naira

it means if you want to buy something from the UK, its going to cost you more dollars, meaning that the dollar is less valuable

test
  16. larry word

:funny::funny::funny::funny:
    test
  17. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

Colby is right about the dollar for now. the US dollar is the world reserve currency, so virtually every country has to have large quantities of our money in there reserves, because commodities like gold and oil are only bought using the US dollar.

This allows the USA to buy commodities at much cheaper rates then other nations (thus why oil is so much cheaper here then Europe) and it allows us to borrow money at much cheaper rates, which is why our country gets to borrow so much and this is one of the biggest reasons why we have been able to pay for our military imperialism around the world, because it has been easy for us to maintain our triple AAA credit rating.

Being the world reserve currency has also allowed our dollar to not lose as much value as it probably should be right now, considering the amount of debt the USA has on it's financial books right now.

Now just imagine if our currency loses our #1 ranking as the world reserve currency (which I think will happen within the next 10 years) our dollar will virturally crumble, commodities will shoot up in price, inflation will explode, and our ranking as a superpower will die on that day. Much the same way Britian lost it's superpower ranking in 1944 when it stopped being the world reserve currency.
    test
  18. tyronehouston

Good question, give me a sec, this will take some thought b4 I can make a post.
    test
  19. Ravenous510

Of course you are correct that the U.S. dollar is the world's reserve currency.

However, what you are leaving out is that the U.S. dollar is the world's reserve currency predicated on its perceived stability of value in the long term. The U.S. dollar's perceived stability of value in the long term is, in turn, predicated on the stablity of the U.S. economy.

This is a PROBLEM because the banking interests, by way of the U.S. government, are destroying the U.S. economy through Keynesian economics (market operating on debt, production being outsourced abroad, making the U.S. reliant on imports for finished goods) which is, in turn, de-valuating the U.S. dollar. This is why China has already begun to diversify its holdings into alternate currencies such as the Euro.
    test
  20. tyronehouston

You right, but the funny part is if China stopped funding currencies like the Euro and the dollar, it would precipitate higher interest rates for Europe and the USA ,which would allow there economies to crumble at a much quicker pace, and propell China's currency more than likely to be the world reserve currency.

I believe China will do that, once they see the debt in both currencies so unbelievably insurmountable. Which I think will be soon.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.