lets talk about occupy wall street

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by avocado, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larry word

larry word get sauced n dip

mmmmmmmmmmmm @ ravenous
    test
  2. itslinx

itslinx Unngghh!!

Cute. But the protests aren't solely aimed at the unemployment problems we all face in this country. Why do you think they're just a bunch of unemployed people gathering to complain about the fact that they don't have/can't find jobs? Wake up, there's more important shit to worry about.
    test
  3. ColbyCorino

ColbyCorino WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!

No they don't have to be unemployed. They mad cuz some people make more money than them. It ain't like the people who make more money than them just got drawn randomly out of a hat for their current job.
    test
  4. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

WOW...this dumb fuck....doesn't get the situation at all.

The financial sector (wall street/banks/fed reserve) are the very reason for our economic demise.

Do you know our economic system is about to collapse, and I promise that shit will affect everyone in America when our US Dollar becomes the Mexican Peso.

Please watch this b4 you embarrass yourself any further, with your long ignorant ass diatribes

test
  5. ColbyCorino

Yes, I do.

No, its not.

And no, I'm not watching your dumb ass video.
    test
  6. ColbyCorino

Oh and lol at this, no idea how I missed this the first time. Considering For/ex (why's this site bleep out that word without the /?) is something I spend countless hours studying/trading...let me tell you this with absolute certainty: The US dollar hasn't been recently, is not currently, and will not anytime in the near future, be in any kind of trouble. You are a complete moron.
    test
  7. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

Colby. If you cannot see what is transpiring right before your very eyes, then I feel sorry for you.

If the dollar has not recently been in trouble, what was the 2008 financial crisis about?

Why have most discussions among economic experts shifted to being about where the U.S. dollar is heading in the future?

Why have countless documentaries been made over the last 5 years or so addressing the over-printing of paper currency by the U.S. treasury, as well as the over lending of interest-saturated units of currency by the Federal Reserve?

Do you expect me to take YOUR word that "the U.S. dollar is not in any kind of trouble" as one that supercedes the word of countless economists around the world?

There is definitely a crisis afoot, and it seems to me that you are simply a member of the quickly dwindling group of oblivious Americans that live in a state of denial, essentially asleep on their feet. Soon, however, you will be rudely awakened from your slumber and forced into the bleak, unwelcoming light of reality.

SOON.
    test
  8. ScimonomicS

ScimonomicS New Member

*standing slow clap*
    test
  9. larry word

I just listened to that "best occupy wall street rant" on page 2

where is he getting the idea that money is being printed way more than it should be? why would the gold standard necessarily be an objectively superior system going forward?

I liked the second half a little more, about "where else can we go" and cutting down on how much big corporations can pay politicians, etc. but the first part was ehhh good thing I didn't dismiss it after the first two minutes
    test
  10. DeathChamberz

DeathChamberz From the Page to da stage

The US dollar is weaker than it has been in years and I don't know if it will be the Peso but it don't seem to be getting better. I remember when thinking the Canadian Dollar would be matched with the US dollar unthinkable.

How do these guys win I still don't see the reason occupy wallstreet until when?
    test
  11. itslinx

itslinx Unngghh!!

Yup, the American dollar is becoming worthless. The value goes down and prices go up. They print money out of thin air that isn't backed by anything and that's what causes inflation. Sad sad.
    test
  12. brother mouzone

brother mouzone Well-Known Member

Uh thaaats not really what i was saying but um okay.

I know. Im just saying thats whats happening now imo anyways.

No doubt. But you wont find many protesting. Just like alot of minorities they not getting involved.

Also metals head that you're thinking of do not make up the general population of white people. Just putting that out there.
    test
  13. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

test
  14. ColbyCorino

You are a complete moron who honestly doesn't understand what you're talking about even though you think you do.

The USD can be considered 'weak' in the short term, I guess. If you wanna call it some sort of negative word.

But the USD > any other currency. That's a fact.

If currencies walked around as people, the USD would walk around telling everyone else to suck its dick and they would. It doesn't matter what market you're in...prostitute market, trading market, etc. If you have USD, you're the man. Plain and simple.

It's easy to see how valuable the US Dollar is through bond rates. It's simply the best, and it always will be.
    test
  15. Ravenous510

The problem is not that "paper money is being printed out of thin air", but that the U.S. in in debt to it's own central bank, as well as to various other nations around the world, (primarily China).

Every U.S. security (notes and bonds) that the Fed now redeems for the U.S. government is being redeemed WITH INTERESt. The Fed is then circulating money that is not worth its face value, because it is loaded with interest (debt). This is where the term "fake money" comes from. Because the dollar that you hold in your pocket is not actually worth a dollar...it is worth less because it is tied to debt or interest, owed to the central bank.
    test
  16. larry word

yes i understand the basics of devaluing the usd. i just question his fact-checking, and especially that gold standard proposal. inflation numbers for september come out tomorrow though, so we gon see.

[​IMG]
    ^^^ this is dope
    test
  17. ColbyCorino

how the fuck is that dope? it's a bunch of pathetic losers doing something totally pointless.
    test
  18. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

Yo, are you Heartless' dad?
    test
  19. Ravenous510

Colby.

First of all, don't call me a moron. YOU are the one making idiotic blanket statements without any factual basis.

Why is the American dollar currently "simply the best" as you put it? Can you explain it to me? I don't think you can, so instead I will explain it to you.

The American dollar was at its peak after World War II when the U.S. had the largest gold reserve in the world, and U.S. dollars were redeemable in gold for foreign and domestic investors, alike. Today that is no longer true. President Nixon ended the gold standard in 1971, and I might add, as you can survey for yourself should you choose to visit a previous page in this thread and view a posted video, noone has seen what is inside the U.S. national gold reserve vault at Fort Knox since 1974!

Other developed nations retain large gold reserves as a method of supporting their currency against the U.S. dollar, a currency which, I will admit, is still used for the majority of global liquid transactions.

The concept of supply and demand must be a completely alien concept to you, so that is something that I will explain to you as well.

When the supply of a commodity increases, the demand for it decreases, meaning that its value also decreases. This is what is known in the financial sector as "inflation".

Right now, our dollar is "inflated" because the U.S. Treasury and Department of the Mint are printing units of currency like crazy, (currency that is not worth its face value because it is laden with interest owed to the Fedral Reserve), in order to deal with the current economic crisis. Should they choose to stop printing interest/debt laden units of currency, the entire system will collapse in upon itself.

The problem with this system, is that the more interest laden currency that is circulated, the more debt/interest is accrued, and the less the U.S. dollar is worth. Even though interest rates are currently low, that only prompts the U.S. to borrow debt laden money at an accelerated rate. Understand?

In 2009, the Euro was traded at one dollar and fifty cents to the U.S. dollar, which means that it was worth fifty percent more than a dollar on the global market.

At that time, many other countries, most notably China, began diversifying their holdings into Euros and other currencies.

U.S. dollars are still considered to be more secure, because our currency has been around longer in comparison to the Euro, which has been around for only about ten years.

Another major reason why the U.S. dollar remains on top is because the world's oil reserves are traded in U.S. dollars, and oil is arguably one of the most highly valued natural resource in the world, second only to possibly water (but because water is still in abundant supply in the first and second world, it is not treated as such).

But even you, with those thick crusty grease smeared goggles of denial you have on, must be able to understand how tenuous the United States monopoly on the global currency market would instanly become should we default on our debt to countries like China, which some argue, has already happened.
    test
  20. larry word

regardless of what you think of the people in that photo, it's a dope picture because of the headline
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.