lets talk about occupy wall street

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by avocado, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avocado

avocado Well-Known Member

so guys when i need real world advice and political bickering joy i obviously come to RAPMUSIC.COM

anyways, what do you all think about the occupy wall street protests? Helpful? Revolutionary? Stupid? Get back to your college dorm room?

personally i'm pretty conflicted on it, i see the point and the underlying reason behind it and i think its really valid but at the same time i look at everyone protesting and it seems to be just a bunch of earthy types meditating and drum circles.
    test
  2. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

not sure what to think of it other than the lack of media coverage to be honest
    test
  3. avocado

the lack of media coverage is sort of weird considering how many people are there in general.
    test
  4. onlyoneq

onlyoneq New Member

the revolution will not be televised.
    test
  5. onlyoneq

onlyoneq New Member

but in all seriousness.. this could potentially be a revolution... whose to say it wont be? I think what they are doing is great... Im not one for capitalism and the huge divide between rich and the poor.. and really, thats the core of it..
    test
  6. Frigo718

Frigo718 New Member

It's a whole lot of nothing. I hear there's a ton of people down there tho. Some people went for the free food, some for free condoms. Half the people are upset with the gov't the other half with wall street, the rest don't even know what there protesting against just bored with life. Mostly yuppies.

From what I seen on the news most of them arent even from NY there traveling here from the surrounding states like NJ and Pennsylvania. The funny thing is that their staying in a park thats private property and the owner cant really do anything about it.

During the day they got to Washington Square Park and protest but since its a public park and has a curfew it closes at night so they go back to Zuccatti Park to sleep.
    test
  7. onlyoneq

onlyoneq New Member

you're downplaying how bad this could potentially get for the government... you realize they are starting to protest all over the country too now right?
    test
  8. Frigo718

Frigo718 New Member

I doubt it because from what ive seen it looks really unorganized. The people are just there because they have nothing better to do. Its not like they're all standing up for one unified cause, alot of different people are there for different reasons, some aren't happy with their salary, some don't want capitalism, some just want the MTA to run on schedule lol.

On the news this morning they said that a whole bunch of people are going there just for the free food and drugs that the protesters are on (probably pill poppers). I could imagine all the homeless people would be attracted to this protest considering the protesters are bringing food and setting up places to sleep at night.

I heard that some people are having sex in the middle of the protests. It sound more like a woodstock atmosphere tbh. These are just bored yuppies who wanna have some fun. In a few weeks the park owner's temper is gonna run out and he's gonna hire security to remove the protesters from his property and they'll all go back to their regular lives.
    test
  9. Frigo718

Frigo718 New Member

Well im just going on what i've seen in the city and heard on the news. I have no idea what kinda protests are going on in other parts of the country or how they relate to the one here in NYC.

It doesn't look as serious as it sounds if you've seen these people at the park. And the NYPD is quick to react to any actions. Actually the NYPD is being pretty proactive almost abusive, masing and beating people who aren't doing anything illegal.

I could only imagine if the shit gets violent or disorderly the NYPD wouldnt hesitate to shoot rubber bullets or spray water cannons into the crowds.
    test
  10. avocado

yeah to be honest for a while i didn't know what it was about then people were like its about

the healthcare
    the debt of our economy
    the role corporations play in the government
    unemployment

the list goes on, so i was sort of confused what exactly it was about...........
    test
  11. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

Nothings gunna change, those Wall Streets cunts are still gunna be rich and find sneaky ways to get even more money. They already back doing what they got exposed for doing in the 1st place.
    test
  12. scrotie

scrotie aka lil generation gap

Frigo its already spread across the country and to at least London from what ive read

Its also already gotten violent
    test
  13. Frigo718

Frigo718 New Member

Pretty much anything you could think of that's wrong with the country there's someone down there protesting about it lol.

The mayor is really the only person downplaying the situation but I'm sure that the govt has a watchful eye on what's going on.

As soon as a punch flies in the crowd the riot squads will be out in full effect shooting rubber bullets at anyone without hesitation.
    test
  14. avocado

its gotten violent already? where?

all i saw was the nypd roughing up some people
    test
  15. scrotie

test
  16. scrotie

violent was a bad word. Just corrupt cops getting spotlighted from what i've seen
    test
  17. avocado

oh word. yeah i was just curious.

well still its prety interesting to me....still don't really know where I sit on it. the footage i've seen has been very very stereotypical protesters saying pretty vague basic things about whats wrong here but some of them have some pretty valid points.
    test
  18. dwelz

dwelz ,,|,,(-_-),,|,,

I dont mind the hippie faggots doing it. Unless it interferes with people that are actually going to work. If they pick all their trash up and not slow down traffic then its all good. But, when i ask one of those Flax eating faggots what they're protesting about and i dont get a clear answer......then GTFO.
    test
  19. angel p

angel p ++++++

all these occupy protest are midly pointless to me personally.. i feel this video should get more publicity.. tbh

test
  20. scrotie

corporations' stranglehold on the American political system and economy is a pretty reasonable thing to be mad about. this isn't just a regular protest either, shits getting pretty huge and pissing a lot of higher ups off
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.