Lets discuss reincarnation

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by PimpHand, Jul 6, 2013.

1. PimpHand

PimpHand New Member

Do you believe it?

Give me a summary.

is it a logical possibility?

What is the end goal.
    test
  2. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Yes. Time reincarnates itself constantly... Day night day..

History repeats it self

Seasons.. Etc etc

It took u billions of years to reach the form u possess imo

I totally agree with the concept even the oldest religions talk of this including christianity
    test
  3. PimpHand

PimpHand New Member

So what would you hope to incarnate into in the next life.

when does it end
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

Idk if it ends or not but id like to evolve past evolution and not come back
    test
  5. PimpHand

PimpHand New Member

I thought you reincarnate because you did or didnt learn something

In that lifetime
    test
  6. lyricalpriest

That is one theory another is u have a certain evolutionary program were u started from a certain star in a galaxy and made ur way here thru out the ages. And youll eventually evolve into ur destined designation point and do ur good works that will effect the galaxy in some small way
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

What ive been taught about karma and reincarnation comes from Yoga philosophy and buddhism.

you dont have choice on the matter.

you die, you get reincarnated. Its not like YOU have reincarnated, as in your conscious self. Your energy or being gets reincarnated. Reincarnation is just what you call it when you die and come back, what you get reincarnated as such as another human, a tree, animal etc etc is all up to you. Not as in you have a choice and say i want to come back as an animal. Thats not what i mean. I mean that your karma will be the guiding hand in what you come back as, depends on what lessons you need to learn. It doesnt end, well it does, but only if you reach pure enlightenment such as Buddha did. The point is to learn. Live and learn. Reincarnation and karma arent the same things. But they work together. You cant have karma without believing in reincarnation in this sense. Because karma describes why you got reincarnated.... There are other beliefs of reincarnation. But im describing its original intention as founded in the yoga life philosophy and buddhism. Nowadays people hear of one or the other without knowing they are meant to be together. And of course there are many interpretations.... 90% of the western world have the wrong idea on how karma and reincarnation work, but thats because they only ever heard a "very general explanation" on it.
    test
  8. PimpHand

PimpHand New Member

So you would come back as something better if you have good karma?
    What would be after human.
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

test
  10. PimpHand

PimpHand New Member

Sounds flawed.
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

Youll come back as a midget my bad
    test
  12. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

better is relative
    it all has to do with karma. Karma itself isnt doing anything to you. YOU do it to yourself, Karma is just the name of that process. Whatever you needed to learn, things would manifest in a way that your lifecycle would have that lesson. Whether youre human or animal or a bug/tree plant etc etc. Heirarchy-wise though and as humans wed hope that humans is the top of the chain. I guess it is. Because as a non-human you wouldnt be acquiring more karma, youd be spending that karma's whole lesson as that non-human, if you learn your lesson or spend that karma, when you die you could come back as a human and start down the path again, there is no rule that says if you do this specific thing this specific thing will happen. Its manifests in many ways tailored to your experience and life. Reality is relative. Everyone has their own.

To add: There are many takes on reincarnation, hinduism i think believes when it all started or when new "souls" start out you never start as human. You start "lower" until you work through all that karma and then you essentially graduate to human, but you can always go back down...Also theres other beliefs that some higher animals can acquire and work through karma like a human. Theres some that believe dogs are the last step before human lol... so there are many angles.

Karma is many many layers. Something i do now can affect my next life as well as it can affect this one. Every single moment of the day through your thoughts and actions you are creating karma, it piles up and piles up. You could never spend or work through all of your karma in 1 lifetime because on that journy youre creating more. The moment youve worked through all of your karma, thats the moment you can stop getting reincarnated. Which is an astronomical task. Which is why youll keep reincarnating for eternity, because as a flawed human you continuously are creating karma faster than you work through it. They say it is possible though and when you reach that point you can choose whether or not if you want to be reincarnated to help others, or basically be absorbed back into the single source(basically god) that resides in everything. But i can picture you guys imagining a man asking you what your choice is. But there is no man. God is in everything and everyone.
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

also someone will probably bring this up in this thread really soon ---> If reincarnation is real how does the population grow?

i have asked this question and i had it explained to me over a 2 hour period. I dont remember it all haha. It was really complicated yet simple at the same time... complicated because it took 2 hours for him to explain.

But there are few explanations ive heard that address this issue. One is that as time has gone on, more souls have graduated to human from plant/animal/bug/microorganisms(anything alive). One is that the universe is massive. There are souls and life everywhere throughout, there is just more coming to earth as time goes on. Etc etc... thats just a few. But remember these explanations werent thought up after an outside critic asked these questions, that question was built in and addressed from the beginning in the teachings. Its just that as i stated before everyone has only heard a "lite" version of karma and reincarnation.

My teacher was a holy man from an Ashram in the himalayan mountains. He taught me Iyengar yoga and yogic philosophy and we listened to him discuss the bhagavad gita pretty much for 6+yrs lol. At the same time i was learning Ving Tsun Kung fu by way of Ip man Lineage. Buddhist philosophy is built into the tenets of our kung fu, i practiced with my sifu for 7yrs

i am no expert on either subjects, im just telling you what ive been taught about it. I still have many questions myself, and probably have some facts wrong, but i do believe in reincarnation, it makes some sense to me. If the laws of physics say that energy just changes, then why is it so hard to fathom that law applying to other aspects?
    test
  14. PimpHand

PimpHand New Member

So basicly this can only work if we assume there is more than just us out there.
    test
  15. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

test
  16. PimpHand

PimpHand New Member

Thanks i will check it out.
    test
  17. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

If you want to explore reincarnation, its probably best to start at the beginning;

a) For any medium or format you need energy.

b) If human karma exists, it must be stored somewhere. Which in turn raises a question of "where could it be stored???". Precisely for this purpose, various religions invented special facilities, the most well-known Catholic heaven, purgatory and hell.

c) Since the soul and karma aren't the same, they must be composed differently. Therefore both must have different constituent particles.

d) What are the mechanisms or laws of transition between soul or karma in matter at birth, or death???
    test
  18. PimpHand

PimpHand New Member

Moreso asking questions posed to those who may know more than I
    To gauge wether its even worth looking into
    test
  19. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

those are good questions. I feel like ive heard some explanations for some of it. But i feel like i dont know enough about it to answer without talking out my ass...

the stored thing... wouldnt be an issue with the western light version of karma which is basically karma is instant. But Karma isnt always instant....and it does collect. Where? good question, maybe inside us??? energy is stored in a loaded spring. You cant see it. You just know its there. A loaded spring weighs more than a relaxed spring so the energy its tangible, yet we cant see it or feel it. Its there though.

We know it, weve all seen a loaded spring in play so we believe it through experience. Buddhism says to do this, Buddhisms teachings dont tell you to do this and this will happen. They say 1 man did this, this is how, this is what he did, it may or may not work for you, all you can do is try and find out for yourself.

Im not saying karma is anything like a loaded spring, i just thought its interesting to think about. Because we dont question that we cant see the energy stored in a spring. Im not even trying to say its a good analogy. But there are many things we know little about.
    test
  20. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Also just to add, i think its tibetan buddhists who believe there is no heirarchy at all. That all living beings are equal and when you die you very well may come back as a snail

this is the basis for their practice of compassion and non-harm. That ant you stepped on could have been your mom.
    test