Let's assume God exists.

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Noncentz, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Maybe religious in general if your grouping everything together. But i wouldnt say so for judeo/christian.
    I agree they may be less conserned about this life but for those actually following religion worldly works are important. An u may see it as a study of afterlife, we see it as the study of unhindered, uncorrupted, true- life.
    test
  2. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

the standard basically comes from human consensus and nothing more. such has always been the case. there is no objective standard for morality in religion either. before you try to say otherwise, why is it that old testament law doesnt apply in the modern context? objective morality is unchanging, absolute, right and wrong, black and white. there is no room for societal context. why has christian morality changed over the centuries, why is there still no one 'correct' version of christian morality today? it's funny how christians complain that without god there's no objective basis for morality even though they can't even seem to agree amongst themselves exactly what god's morality really is.
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

Why doesnt it apply. The new testiment doesnt deny the old. It simply sums it up into one. An nothing has changed as far as morality in christianity. Same words buddy, same meaning.
    test
  4. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

oh really?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy 22&version=NIV

thats some nice barbaric goat herder's morality u got there
    test
  5. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Godwin's law, I see it is still alive and well.

Seriously though, why Hitler? Why not Stalin? Hitler wasn't even that bad when you compare his society to that of the Soviet Union.
    test
  6. Noncentz

What? LOL, Morality in the Old Testament? HA HA HA HA! That's hilarious! Have you ever read the Old Testament? Slavery, rapes, murders, stealing, everything goes in that thar book.
    test
  7. Noncentz

Ugh.... *face palm*

Stop, stop! with the 'Judeo' 'Christian' jumble. The two faiths have almost nothing in common.
    test
  8. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

you have to realize that the word God itself is a very dangerous term.

because the moment you personalize it, you take away its infinite, unlimited status in the minds of many people.

it is a wrongful approach in my opinion. there is no god, but the divine, or godlyness. and it is within us. a divine and eternal intelligence or consciousness of energy to which we are all connected

the world could be just a game field for particles of this superconscious entity (souls) to amass knowledge in the physical realm it designed, to finally merge again. but to personalize it, is to limit it.

words cannot describe it, it is to be experianced. like light is to be experianced, you cannot think about it and ''know''.
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

*chokes.
    Um well jews go by the torah which is the old testiment. Christians go by both. Thats commonality i would say. Not even getting into the beliefs. Ill pretend u knew that
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

Dude ur sounding ignorant as hell.
    Slavery- was payment for debt
    Rape? - i believe ur mistaken
    Murder - in what context?
    Stealing- again ur mistaken
    test
  11. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

nicely put
    test
  12. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

He's sounding ignorant and then THAT was your rebuttal? Are you fucking SERIOUS? (because I'm starting to think you're not).
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.