Let's assume God exists.

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Noncentz, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

God said so where? Oh in that book? How do you know the book is real? Because God says so in the Bible? Everyone will knows his name, How? Because God says so in the book, how do you know the book is the actual word of God? Because it says so in this book.... Round and round we go, all conjecture and no evidence.
    test
  2. Noncentz

test
  3. Noncentz

-- Biblical prophecy is sort of like Nostradamus' bullshit. It is so vague and open that you can almost compare it to anything and then claim that the prophecy has been fulfilled. Look at the Rapture, or 1666, or June 6th 2006 etc etc. All came and went even though some smart ass claimed beforehand that prophecy was about to be fulfilled.

-- And, again, how would that change anything?

-- Another thing, have you noticed that it's not Satan but your God that says he is going to come back and murder millions of living creatures, for his glory?

That doesn't sound evil to you?
    test
  4. Noncentz

Would the deliverance of a God to Earth change anything? I don't think so.

Again Christians (not just) have believed and had faith that this supernatural creature watches their every move, and underneath him they have murdered millions.

-First women lose all the small rights they had in Rome and do not regain those rights for almost a thousand years.

- While that's happening the crusades and inquisitions take place, more innocent blood, people put to death for being witches.

- The new world is discovered, natives are slaughtered under the cross. Inquisitions start up again.

- The new world needs labor, the bible justifies slavery.

- Lynchings become common - again the bible is used as a justification for murdering the 'hamites'

- Civil war.

- Priests change their story again, now we are to love the negro etc.

I know that it's not an exact concise version of events but it's quite funny how as science, society and the like advance Priests have to come up with more and more lies to cover, what I believe to be, their bullshit.

Just curious now, how many wars were started under the banner of Lucifer? How many were enslaved under his insignia? How many Negroes were slaughtered under his insignia?

I've always thought that if you're black or native and Christian, you're nuts. I would never put that symbol of torture and superiority on my neck, fuck that.
    test
  5. Noncentz

"were aware that to sell their fellow human beings could not be morally justified. Yet the Christian church came forward with excuses for the slave-trade. Many priests themselves carried on slave-trading, especially in Angola, and many others owned slaves in the Americas. The only reason the Catholic church give for its action was that it was trying to save African souls by baptising the slaves. The Protestants were worse, for they did not even make it clear that they accepted that the Africans had a soul. Instead, they supported the view that the African slave was a piece of property like a furniture or a domestic animal. There is no part of the history of Christian church which was more disgraceful than its support of the Atlantic slave-trade."

Source : Ivory and Slaves: Changing Pattern of International Trade in East Central Africa to the Later Nineteenth Century. Alpers.

I'm befuddled as to how one can go from not having a soul to later on having one?

James Boswell said something to the effect that slavery was an institution sanctioned in all ages by God and that to abolish slavery would be to shut the gate of mercy on mankind!

And if you think that was a long, long time ago...

In August 1970 Roman Catholics had purchased, at the price ranging from 250 pounds to 300 pounds each, about 1500 Indian girls to shut them into convents because European girls do not like to live as nuns.

Lol - And you're telling me that things would change because God showed his face? Bah, his believers (do you really?) have done next to nothing 'holy' or 'good.'

Oh source for the 'Purchased Indian nuns' - Sunday Times (London), august 25th 1970.
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

test
  7. TheBigPayback

now your just speculating. Its actually not vague.
    I dont know what your talking about as far as the rapture goes however the bible very clearly says no one but God knows the day or time so anyone guessing at it should not be lumped into christian identity. They are quacks.
    Gods gonna murder people. Isnt that the antichrist. When jesus returns after the tribulation the people left on earth will have willfully chosen to follow satan. All jesus does is preach the word. Their own sin consumes them.
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

test
  9. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

Things don't change unless people change. And belief in God will change you. if everyone lived by the wisdom of proverbs and the teachings of Jesus, this place would be better. I dont see how you can argue that.
    test
  10. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Not true. Statistically religious devoutness almost universally means higher crime and lower quality of life. The places that you would feel safest living on this entire planet are the least concerned with the bible or any other "holy" book.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

test
  12. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Yes, look it up genius. I'll give you a little info myself tho, since I'm such a nice guy...Mississippi is the most religious state in America, that is most CHRISTIAN. Vermont and New Hampshire are the most atheistic states.

Care to guess where states like Mississippi and Louisiana rank of violent crime? How about Vermont? Yup you guessed it, the most religious parts of this country are the most dangerous and least peaceful.

This is also true of the whole world, actually but I'll let you find some things out for yourself.
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

Lol an thats to do with religion or economic/poverty. Look it up genius
    test
  14. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

organised religion is always..rather counterproductive.
    test
  15. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

oh come on man that's terribly skewed.
    test
  16. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

that still takes the dedication of people to doing whats right in order for any change to occur. the religion might act as an inspiration to evoke such a change, but the change itself comes from the human dedication to turn an ideal into a reality.

so theoretically, we can change things with or without god. we could make a concentrated effort to change our own society so that it is a more dynamic and thorough representation of our own human interests, and arguably this has happened in the form of civil rights movements, revolutions and so on.

so my assertion is that while i generally do agree with some of the moral teachings of jesus, i could say the same about the buddha or socrates. if everyone lived by their standard of morality then 'things would be better.' but their teachings are a reflection of our own human interests and their version of morality is based in human perception. so i'd argue that we do not need their teachings to pursue our own collective interests, but rather that they simply present a compelling motive to do so.
    test
  17. Noncentz

Indeed.

For instance look at the middle east versus let's say the extremely non-religious Nordic areas.

Yeah, a strange comparison but on the whole you are right. When you move over the globe and stat violence vs religious devoutness, you find a correlation between the two.
    test
  18. Noncentz

There could also be a correlation there, no? Heavily religious states tend to be poor, lightly or atheistic ones rich.

I think that people waiting for an afterlife and God are less concerned about the here and now and therefore their "worldly" works and genius suffer.

Sort of morbid, studying death your whole life.
    test
  19. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

why do yall keep insisting that more people being religious will make the world better? just because the bible preaches morals it doesn't mean the religious people follow them. the world is run by greed and need.

i forgot who mentioned it but like they said, what the world really needs is motivation. look at how people like malcolm x, martin luther king, and bruce lee inspired people to take action.

and if the bible inspires u with its moral teachings then thats fine. but making claims such as hell, heaven, god, etc is not fine
    test
  20. TheBigPayback

an wheres that standard of morality come from? If its simply mans opinion thats all it is. My opinion against yours, yours against hitlers. Than there is no standard.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.