Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Noncentz, May 30, 2011.
So what? Really now, it changes absolutely nothing.
Not really.. or rather, not right away.
But imagine EVERYONE or at least 5 important nations became spiritualand dedicated the values taught in the Bible, or the Quran, or the Torah?
I think that would change a few things..
Really? Changes nothing? Seems to me u dont grasp the enormity of the importance of your choices if there is. Not to mention ..wat if theres a requirement to life an it all aint just about urself anymore
You, the believers have had that option for centuries. You've done nothing with your free will. When the bankers said "March to war!" you did. When leaders allowed men to starve on the streets, you too, by your silence consented to it. When the "promised land", according to certain religions was restored --you destroyed it. When those, like Jesus, tried to break out of the mass, you murdered them or imprisoned them (Holy wars, Inquisitions).
You <The religious> who believe in God, you who call him real... Should feel shame no?
I don't think it would change a thing if a God delivered himself to the world, most would turn their backs on him and go right back to the stupid prophecy shit, bible nonsense and the like.
People like feeling as if they are part of a group, religion fills this desire quite nicely for most. They develop the ''us against them'' and lose all sight of what the original founder actually taught or wanted in the first place.
- Yes, it would change nothing. I was fine for billions of years before I was born no? I'm sure I'll be just as peaceful billions of years afterwards.
- You know why you sit there and lecture me about choices, you, the believer, are fed, housed whilst many are dying and starving right on the streets on America. Do you think your God will look kindly on that? Or, is it more important to your God that I believe in him than you, his follower, actually following his word and work?
- What hypocrites some Christians are. "It all ain't just about urself anymore" - Well #1, Jesus was the first to teach about individuality and broke away from the group religions. So, I think your God may be rather proud of me for that... - Second, hypocritical much? How much money do the churches sit upon? Now, how many are homeless and or starving etc?
- You're right, life is not about yourself. So be a good Christian. Be unselfish. You can survive without the internet, correct? Do something holy, instead of paying a monthly fee for something you can live without, give that money directly to people who need it more than you.
Will you do that?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
If God, the God you believe in, could do that. I'm sure you can give up your internet and think about something other than yourself.
Please tell me that you are not a 'Lukewarm' Christian. If Jesus could be crucified, and many of his followers torn apart by lions for the God they believed in. I'm sure that cutting the internet is a small sacrifice on your part, no?
You were a soul in heaven b4 u were a person on earth. So ya of course u were. Youve never HAD to live with the outcome of your decision. So u choose to turn ur back on God, he aint forcing you to do shit. But again uve NEVER been w/o him. So ya tell me hpw that goes.
This is not about me my dear, I do not believe in God. But I do believe in mankind. I do feed the poor, I do volunteer at the soup kitchens. I do give 10% of my income to charities and I save every piece of clothing that can be used by someone else.
So for me what changes if there is a God or not? Nothing at all.
-You know why you sit there and lecture me about choices, you, the believer, are fed, housed whilst many are dying and starving right on the streets on America. Do you think your God will look kindly on that? Or, is it more important to your God that I believe in him than you, his follower, actually following his word and work? -What hypocrites some Christians are. "It all ain't just about urself anymore" -Well #1, Jesus was the first to teach about individuality and broke away from the group religions.So, I think your God may be rather proud of me for that...
Wasnt jesus the one to say that hes extending the kingdom to people of all decent
That sounds more like inclusion than individuleism
-Second, hypocritical much? How much money do the churches sit upon? Now, how many are homeless and or starving etc? -You're right, life is not about yourself. So be a good Christian. Be unselfish. You can survive without the internet, correct? Do something holy, instead of paying a monthly fee for something you can live without, give that money directly to people who needit more than you.
Umm. So churches dont help homless? Abused? Poor? I dont think ive ever been to a church that didnt have outreach programs. So idk what your implying. An i dont pay for internet, an yes i do help people in need whenever possible. So again sounds like ur just talking to talk.
it doesnt matter if u believe it or not its the truth. Like just cus you think ur making good points doesnt make it true.
- Jesus went against the Pharisee's. He was the first man to come along and say that you did not need a priest, or pagan man, in funny clothes to talk to God for you. He said that you could speak to God on your own and he, telepathically, could speak back to you. You were an individual, special, you mattered. A revolutionary idea at the time and it got him killed. ("The kingdom of God is within you." --Not in the fancy clothes, not in the group, not in the Church, it is within you! You the individual, the one that speaks to God.)
- Do they? Relative to their wealth? Not really no. The Vatican sits upon Gold, it holds plenty of Roman treasure and yet the pope goes to the poorest places on Earth to bring what? "Condoms are against God..." and then "Oops, I talked to the big man again, he said Condoms are ok." -- So, the message seems to be "have lot's of sex, it will take your mind off of starving to death."
- How do you help people? And, if you do indeed help people; would you stop if God was delivered to the Earth? If not, how would his appearance change anything? Your internet would still be free, you'd still be helping out and gas prices would still be sky fucking high.
Why is it the truth? Because your book says so? Because your book is the word of God? How do you know that it is the word of God?
Because the book says so? :lol:
And God said so. The book however also says that everyone will know. So u wont have an excuse anymore. That should be fun to watch. Too bad i cant be there when u and steve get the shock of God.
Prove it or shut the fuck up. Stop pretending that you have a monopoly on the "truth" when there is nothing important in the bible that you can substantiate even a little bit.
I dont have to. Your heart proves it true. An u know it or u wouldnt try an fight against it an spend your time trying to disprove it. Go thru biblical prophecy. Ask God for yourself. Theres many ways to distinguish the truth if thats truely what your looking for.
Otherwise. U shut the fuck up.
There is so much wrong with what you just said I have no idea where to begin. First thing is first, are you aware that all your heart does is pump blood? That's rhetorical because of course you don't know anything about anatomy or any science for that matter. Your argument to me is "Stop thinking and then you'll be able to believe this bullshit". Yes, if I go brain dead and unlearn everything I know about the bible and history that lets me know that the bible is erroneous and I lose my ability to think critically then MAYBE I would fall for this shit.
Biblical prophecy is a farse. Vague and contrived, there has been plenty of studies showing them to be just that, utter contrivances.
lol @ ask god. Jesus Christ, stop preaching to me, I don't BELIEVE your nonsense you need to start trying to actually make some sense and be coherent.
Separate names with a comma.