Lesnar Vs. Carwin: Who ya got?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by RichFlow, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

carwin 2nd round ko
    test
  2. krayzazz1

krayzazz1 New Member

Brock all day
    test
  3. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

mir isnt a good striker, hes a good jiu jitsu guy

he only has two wins by TKO/KO. a TKO over bum ass wes sims and another TKO over a shot nig nog

mirs striking is sloppy and slow
    test
  4. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

lol @ that gif

brock better have learned not to "bob sapp" backwards in a straight line when someone is punching him

i suspect he'll get hit with a good one and resort to a wrestling match where he'll hold carwin down and donkey kong him until the ref stops it
    test
  5. Life...

Life... Member

And the streams are...........

- Where?
    test
  6. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

youre seriously gonna stream this card? hit up a bar at least man
    test
  7. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Why does Delinquent consistently have the worst opinions on MMA, yet the most posts in any and all threads?

Go away.
    test
  8. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

First round, coming off a clinch against the cage. It wasn't a proper fight-ending danger kind of rocked, but it was enough to make me believe someone like Carwin could TKO him.
    test
  9. Kid Blackie

Kid Blackie to your Jess Willard

Reason I sounded incredulous is because recently I came across gifs on sherdog of Randy hitting him flush a couple of times and it not bothering Lesnar. Maybe you saw something I didn't.

I think weaknesses were exposed about Lesnar in that fight, but I don't think chin is one of them. When Brock isn't dominating, he looks confused, so his ability to stay in a fight that isn't going his way is questionable. He had a hard time controlling a smaller, accomplished wrestler. When he gets hit, he has a tendency to hit you with the exact same thing, which is something a lot of new strikers do that can get them killed against real competition.
    test
  10. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

i wouldnt say randy rocked him, but he did tag him with some good shots, and one that even cut him open.
    test
  11. Kid Blackie

Kid Blackie to your Jess Willard

I forgot that part.

Brock looked slightly freaked out when he realized he was bleeding.

As good as he can be, that lack of experience is a factor. How will Brock react to his first pro shot in the nuts? Little things like this are questionable.
    test
  12. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

I wouldn't say experience would favor anyone in this fight more.

Carwin may have more fights, but none of them have gone past the first round. He's fought a total of around 16 minutes in all his fights combined. Brock has lost, bounced back from the loss, gone the distance, been rocked, been cut open, etc. in under 5 fights. Experience probably favors Brock more.

I still got Carwin winning though.
    test
  13. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Clearly I was wrong... Brock's chin is the bastard spawn of Rampage, BJ and prime Nogueira dipped in cement.
    test
  14. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

haha na i dont think any shots caught him that on-point, and definitely not consecutively, it looked more like he was just lost as to what to do next, the shots didnt look that hard honestly, not the ones that landed in the standup exchange, the uppercut was about it
    test
  15. Crack Sabb

Crack Sabb Maca Survivor, baby.

he took some heavyweight power that others probably couldn't have, but I think we saw enough to believe his chin is human.

If Cain can get him in that same position, could be a different ending.
    test
  16. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

he didnt even take any powerful shots

he took a decent uppercut by carwin in the standup, which carwin had to stretch all the way over to reach, then the ground and pound shots, which werent even damaging because of how tired carwin was and how sluggish the shots were. plus they were being blocked
    test
  17. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

test
  18. Crack Sabb

Crack Sabb Maca Survivor, baby.

the elbow/forearm alone he took on his back made me flinch. It's true that he didn't eat what gonzaga ate, but i'd be willing to bet money a lot of dudes at heavyweight would not have made it through that.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.