Lesnar Vs. Carwin: Who ya got?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by RichFlow, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichFlow

RichFlow New Member

Man, I keep going back in forth on this.

My mind keeps telling me to pick Carwin. 12-0 all ending in the first round. Crazy power, really good submissions too. 7 ko's 5 submissions. Brock hasn't fought a guy as big as Carwin.

But something tells me that Brock will win. I'm thinking Brock will hit Carwin with a devestating shot, ,putting Carwin on his back. Brock pounces on him, fight gets called. Brock wins TKO.

So I'm gonna hesitantly pick Brock Lesnar.

Who ya got?
    test
  2. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

brock. been workin on his boxing and his ground game. is back at 100% apparently and has lost excess fat.

i think he'll take carwin down and gnp him.

idk though, for some reason my mind won't let me envision brock gettin knocked out.
    test
  3. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Brock by murder.

I'd be surprised if it goes any further than 2 TBH.
    test
  4. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Brock, but I bet on Carwin based on a puncher's chance.

Hey, he got lucky against Gonzaga, let's hope lightening can strike twice.
    test
  5. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

If Brock didn't get that illness, this would be an easy call, but as it stands now, I can't call it.
    test
  6. Kid Blackie

Kid Blackie to your Jess Willard

My thing with Carwin is that he has never done anything but finish, so what happens when he runs into someone he can't finish?

i think he's capable of outpointing brock and that's the scenario I see for Carwin if he wins, but my bet is on Lesnar by tko.
    test
  7. Kid Blackie

What I've always heard about Brock is that he's never been knocked out. Of course it's trainer Erik Paulson that says it, but I actually tend to believe it because he says it with such emphasis. It's not "he's outboxing guys up here left and right" like we always heard about Matt hughes, it's like they say "yeah, he gets hit a lot, but it doesn't seem to hurt him."
    test
  8. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

im picking carwin with a TKO in late round one or mid round 2, depending on his cardio

i dont think brock will be able to control carwin on the ground. brock controlled mir with ease but mir is vulnerable like a drunken 16 year old girl passed out at a house party whenever he faces bigger and more athletic guys. carwin is probably gonna get up off his back pretty comfortably like randy couture did. carwin is also more conditioned. ring rust is gonna hit brock like a brick, and that brick is gonna be shane carwins fist.
    test
  9. Kid Blackie

i'm rooting for Brock. Not just because i like him, but I want a little bit of fucking stability in the hw division for the first time since Tim Sylvia.
    test
  10. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

brock was almost out from mirs knee, he just recovered really well and did exactly what he was supposed to do to make sure he didnt take anymore shots, he even said it himself he was "seeing birdies" but.. i dunno.. i think brocks gonna go out ala gsp.. and use his wrestling to completely control the fight until he either gets a TKO from gnp or the decision win

question to me is, can shane keep it standing?

even there though i wanna say be careful, he might be more solid with power punches and technique but brock has a what 82.5" reach? thats no joke on someone that big, brock might have the power on carwin and we just havent had the chance to really see it yet because he hasn't put 100% technique with it
    test
  11. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

[​IMG]

Watching this honestly makes me feel like Carwin is gonna have a field day with Brock. Lol @ Mir missing all of those punches. He did land a nice elbow though.
    test
  12. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Pulling for Shane

But I think Brock takes it
    test
  13. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

I think Carwin can take it, given the layoff. Brock's standup has never impressed me. Even training with Randy it looked slow and awkward.
    test
  14. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Dammit I picked the fight differently than Delinquent....time to take a L
    test
  15. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

No idea. I hope Lesnar wins, but I have no idea who wins this one.
    test
  16. Kid Blackie

I think Carwin can keep it standing for a while, but when a guy keeps trying to take you down, eventually you're going to go down if all you're doing is defending.

If Brock comes in as the aggressive wrestler, Carwin better have a good guillotine.
    test
  17. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

considering mir is a good striker and missed all of those punches, and the only thing that even phased brock was a jumping solid knee to the face (which didn't knock him out), i'd say carwin has his work cut out for him.

did you see that knee? nobody's hands can hit as hard as that knee did - no pads, nothing stopping it. that's just straight bone-on-face and brock recovered right away.
    test
  18. Kid Blackie

^spot on.

I don't care how hard Carwin hits, it isn't as hard as the Urijah Faber knee.
    test
  19. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

It wasn't that powerful of a knee, Mir was off-balance and the fight went straight to the ground after, giving Brock time to recover.

Randy rocked Brock with a punch, I think Carwin can end him. That's what I think I'll pick.
    test
  20. Kid Blackie

lol, what? when?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.