Lesnar to defend title against Carwin @ UFC 106

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Big K, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

and fedor has fought top quality fighters...

mir is proven, couture too, herring was good.

they're giving brock top contenders, and when someone new comes around he'll fight them too. couture or noguiera is up next.
    test
  2. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Herring has always been quite possibly one of the most disappointing fighters in MMA history. He is the most inconsistant good fighter I've ever seen, and one of the stupidest fighters I've ever seen.

Mir beat a declining Nog, an inexperienced Brock, and Tim Sylvia. Who else? Pete Williams like fifteen years ago? Even if you tack on the BBJ comps, that's not too proven.

Couture is in his twilight at best.

Fedor beat Sylvia, Lindland, Arlovski, Cro-Cop, Nog in his prime, and I really shouldn't even hafta go on from their...
    test
  3. .:Pain:.

Don't get me wrong, they're giving Brock the best heavyweights the UFC has, but the heavyweight division in general everywhere is kind of lacking.

I'm just saying Dana could get a better match for Brock than Carwin, and I think everyone knows that.

Carwin hasn't really done anything that should make him worthy of a title shot...
    test
  4. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Who would you suggest?
    test
  5. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

what did brock do? lol you can NEVER argue what a man has or hasn't done to get a title shot against brock cause he was 2-1 when he got his, 1-1 in the UFC! his biggest fight was mir who beat him, then he beat herring who ain't even real good lol carwin deserves a shot more than brock based off the road they've come from whether brock is more talented or not
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

sylvia got wrecked by couture, and wasn't even good he was just tall. lindland ok, arlovski has been a shell of his former self for about 3 years and hasn't done anything notable since he was champ, cro-cop came into the ufc won 1 fight then promptly got his ass handed to him what, 3 consecutive times by chumps and gonzaga. nog is good, i heard he had a staph infection or something vs. mir, but even if not, nog has been good up until that fight.

they're looking for people that can make a fight entertaining and have some skill. unfortunately hw divisions in every fighting sport are dead right now, so you kinda just gotta take your pick until someone really decent comes around.
    test
  7. .:Pain:.

lol, The funny thing is I went and looked up the list of current UFC heavyweights, and I suppose Carwin is what's best, besides a rematch with Herring, or Mir (which is impossible since that was both their last fight). Wouldn't mind seein' him fight Kongo or Gonzaga, but since Carwin just beat him, that wouldn't be fair at all.

Just shows me that the UFC hasta work hard to contract or seek out new heavyweight talent.

Very good point that I agree with, but I wasn't talking about that.

To ZBG:
    Sylvia was good don't gimme that he was just tall garbage. If that was the truth, then Semmy Schilt would be a top contender right now. Arlovski actually looked incredibly good in his fight vs. Fedor until he got dropped. It's not that he's a shell of his former self, it's just that people started realizing his chin is very suspect. Cro-Cop only lost twice in the UFC, to Kongo by decision and Gonzaga by fluke head kick. Nobody in the world expected that shit to happen. He also recently won in his return to the UFC (al Turk is garbage though). Nog DID have impressive wins of Herring and Sylvia, but c'mon, anyone that saw his battle with Fedor, then watched him fight in the UFC, knows he's in his twilight.

I whole-heartedly agree after looking at the list of heavyweight fighters in MMA. The only way to make the HW division viable and have a legitimate heavyweight champ is to consolidate them all, which we all know will never happen...
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

arlovski used to be great, then suddenly sylvia is dominant. and it's not like he was really good, you gotta admit his size and weight were all he really had. nobody could reach him. he was slow and bumbly. i liken him to that gigantic russian in boxing that was champ because nobody could get close to him. suddenly couture figures out how to attack his weak spots and mir was sidelined, so he lost. brock is the first heavyweight champ i've been excited about since arlovski really.

hopefully they get competition.
    test
  9. I love BIG COCK

I love BIG COCK The Shows About to Begin

Sylvia has always sucked but I think the famous Miletich shopwear has made him suck more. By sucked I don't actually mean that he wasn't good at all, I just think he was the big fish in the small pond. In Pride, he would've won some and lost some.

There's no better contender in the UFC than Shane Carwin right now, based on both success and buzz. Cain's a close second, Kongo just lost, Cro Cop and Nog both need an impressive showing or two (or they could just take the shortcut and beat Heath Herring).

UFC HW division is definitely pretty good right now, but nobody's about to mistake it for the LHW division.
    test
  10. I love BIG COCK

I love BIG COCK The Shows About to Begin

MMA HW division is fucking phenomenal, it's getting them all under one roof that's the problem. Fedor, Rogers... and that's just mentioning the guys that can pass drug and hep b tests.

As hard as it might be for elitists to swallow, TUF 10 is about to give it a little shot in the arm. Even if they all come in and get their asses kicked, it'll make for a little buzz.
    test
  11. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

I think Brock vs Kongo would be terrible... Kongo just got totally manhandled by Velasquez - He has no real ground game to speak of and his wrestling is weak. Brock would take him down and destroy him.

I'd like to see Brock v Cro Cop.
    test
  12. jayoo

kongo does need better ground game, and the finishing ability because lets not forget he rocked velasquez in like every round that fight.. he just let himself get taken down and controlled
    test
  13. .:Pain:.

^Word, that's what I was gonna say.

Word, Cro Cop's takedown defense is nasty, and it would provide for a interesting match up.

And word to Mac, TUF should definitely bring the competition to HW division that the UFC needs...
    test
  14. jayoo

that's definitely why its an all HW season, I didn't even think of that but that's a real good move cause HW is SUPPOSED to be the elite weightclass an its the worst in UFC right now
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

^ yes. i'm excited to see what happens with the HW division now. i think kimbo is gonna get lights out against one of the no-names on the show and it's gonna be hilarious.

can't wait.
    test
  16. jayoo

if part of you is seriously watching just to see kimbo get knocked out your weird, sorry homie real talk tho, the fact niggas is STILL on this kimbo hate train blows me away, what more can he do to get respect?

ps: unless he goes out REAL early in the show, expect dana to sign him regardless of his statement that the only way he'd be in the UFC is to win the show..... i think dana even said that in an interview of his
    test
  17. 3ternal

3ternal Stay hungry my friend.

Dude's are still butthurt.

I bet every time Brock goes out and dominates a little piece of Zyclon dies inside.
    test
  18. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

well the fact that i'm a fan of brock lesnar's i'd say that's doubtful.

excuse me for thinking that kimbo doesn't have take-down skills and submission skills. i'm sure he'll get signed because of his name even if he loses, but i seriously don't see him being anything more than another houston alexander.

if you do, that's you. but i'm watching the hw tuf cuz i want to see if there's any new contenders, not to see if kimbo loses.
    test
  19. jayoo

you said you wanted to see em get KO'd not me, its like kimbo provoked you or somethin, why dont you say you wanna see wes sims get KO'd? lol thats all im askin, i never said kimbo had what it took or was all that, i asked why you hate him to the point PART of the reason your watchin is for him to get knocked out, you said it yourself
    test
  20. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

that's what i said. i think it's gonna happen. the "can't wait" was for the season in general. it may not happen, or it may, if it doesn't so what? but i like seeing dudes that are hyped to the point of superstardom get taken down a peg when they face someone with skill you know?

like anyone that was a fan of kimbo pre-xc bs, knows he got fucked up by an mma fighter in a basement. he's a good street fighter and is entertaining, but it'll be hilarious because people will be like "how did this happen! i didn't expect it!" when anyone who loves the sport, completely can see it and kind of expect it.

i'd like to see it, sure, but if he actually can get some take-down, submission and cardio goin, he'd be a huge force and that would be even better to see.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.