Lesnar: Fedor is the greatest in his own world

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by DahStoryTella, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

no prob

was funny though is, a lot of people think fedor was hurt when rogers had that lil ground and pound flurry with 1:38 remaining in round one before fedors armbar attempt. look at that shit closely, rogers threw exactly 13 shots, and only landed two of them
    test
  2. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

uh, watch the instant replay. rogers goes to throw a punch, waits for a second, then starts again and that's when he got caught...

as for mma math, that's all you guys are doing. remember brock also beat randy & mir while battling a disease that eventually almost cost him his career. he's been out for a year, and has been training since last summer. if you think he's gonna be the same fighter next week, and will be the same fighter if he faces fedor - which wouldn't be for at least another year or 2, then you're crazy.

if you think i'm discounting fedor, you're wrong. but if goes into a fight with lesnar and his plan is to calculate and take his time while on the ground...he has another thing coming because when you have 265 of that on top of you and the shots are coming down...good luck to anyone. good chin or not, everyone can get ko'd.

they both have obstacles ahead of them though. fedor has werdum then overeem. brock has carwin then some random fuckhead because the UFC HW division is pretty lacking.

stop talkin about brock like he's this slow lumbering retard though. the guys is fast as hell in takedowns and can control anyone when he's on top, and he's pretty fast when he does throw punches - though last year he was still kind of wild - i'm sure he's gotten that under control somewhat by now.

guy has fought 4 times and everyone's callin him a chump. fedor has fought shittier opponents and still comes out with people suckin his dick. you guys are like wwe fans fallin for a heel turn. dude has talent, stop denying it. fedor is like 20 years deep in fighting, brock is what, 5? 6?
    test
  3. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

rogers wasnt hesitant you fool. just because he didnt come out automatically rushing fedor with wild shots hoping he connects like he did vs arlovski doesnt mean he was hesitant, you obviously never seen any of rogers' previous fights

brock cant control "everyone" on the ground. he only controlled mir and herring. herring hasnt been shit since pride, and mir folds against bigger guys. randy couture was able to get up to his feet from his back when brock was on top of him, and randy had shitty cardio and came off a 1+ year layoff going into that fight. i wouldnt be surprised if he isnt even gonna be able to control carwin on the ground.

lol @ fedor fights shittier opponents, so, big nog twice, coleman twice, cro cop, babalu, arona, arlovski, sylvia, rogers, lindland, werdum, and possibly overeem are shittier opponents? gtfoh. sure fedor has had his share of freak show fights for the japanese fans, but look how many fights fedor has. and with the depth in the heavyweight division, how do you expect him to not have any fights against smaller competition with over 30 fights on his record? thats just reaching
    test
  4. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

Also, maybe my memory isn't here when I say this (haven't seen the fight in a minute), but I don't believe those punches Rogers threw were near the power of the punch Fujita landed on Fedor. I don't think Fedor was even rocked from that flurry by Rogers. There is no question he was rocked by Fujita's punch.

My guess is Cain Velasquez.
    test
  5. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

yeah those punches werent really damaging, fedor expected those to land because he was holding rogers' other wrist and going for the armbar

interested to see how fedor does tomorrow night though. hes been training in a cage all through camp for this fight, he barely trained in a cage for the rogers fight
    test
  6. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

do you read anything or just understand what you want to?

when rogers got ko'd, if you watch the instant reply, he pumps his fist, then decides to throw the punch - and you can see fedor go "oh he didn't throw it, whomp!" - hence, rogers was hesitant on that punch.

randy is a first class wrestler. probably one of the best in the world as far as mma goes. you immediately write brock off because he doesn't come in and do everything perfect right off the bat? randy was his 3rd fight in the UFC, 4th total, and he still pounded him out and dominated the match.

nobody said fedor has only fought shittier opponents, i said he has fought shittier opponents as in - he's had freak show fights and guys who are definitely not on his caliber. arlovski he fought when he couldn't make it against chumps in the UFC, sylvia too. babalu hasn't been important in idk how long.

anyone can make an argument about someone sucking. brock is great for how short he's been doing this, and he can only learn and get better. fedor has tons of experience, but definitely has not fought a well versed wrestler - athlete of brock's size before.
    test
  7. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

lol @ that. you're so damn biased. every time you try discrediting shit from fedor you reach hard as fuck

hell no randy isn't the best wrestler in mma. dude was an olympic alternate. theres actual world champions like joe warren, and ben askren, and olympic silver medalists like matt lindland - whom fedor out grappled in their fight.

you must be forgetting fedor is an 11 time sambo champion

WOW @ the arlovski, babalu, and sylvia comment. arlovski was a former ufc champ and on a 5 fight win streak going into the fedor fight. 3 of those wins in the ufc and 2 against fighters currently in the ufc. arlovski wasn't even cut from the ufc, his contract expired and he decided not to renegotiate. and sylvia was only coming off a loss going into the fedor fight, against big nog, sylvia was also ranked in the top 5 heavyweights in the world at the time. and wtf @ "babalu hasn't been important for a long time". you act like fedor fought babalu recently, they fought many years ago back in Rings

I can't even take you serious anymore. wow.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

if anything fedor should gain more respect for taking freak fights like hong man choi... the guy was 1-0 in mma, if fedor somehow lost due to the size difference it woulda ended his entire career, he'd never be considered the greatest because that would always hold him back being hong man choi ended up being nothing but a size challenge to anyone he fought..

who do you know at fedors caliber that would EVER take a fight against someone like a hong man choi? dana wouldnt even dare because of the risk of ruining a great fighters legacy and future ratings..

people like hong man choi are behind on technique but that size is a big strength.. he fell on fedor twice, if he was smart enough to not get caught in an armbar he MIGHT have done somethin.. fedor hit em hard a few times, but fedor was also busted up at the end of that short match just off 4-5 shots from hong man choi.. imagine if he got em in a position he could use his weight/size and just land shots, fedor wouldnt even be in a lesnar/overeem/cain/jds argument..
    test
  9. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

^not only that, hong man choi is a k-1 level kick boxer
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  10. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

what whole thread ? i completely agree with everything delinquent wrote and disagree with MOST of what you wrote
    test
  11. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Who cares nobody here even knows who you are and this is the first time I've ever seen you :funny:
    test
  12. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

i've been posting on this site for years on several accounts, but in battle archives , i keep away from the other secs to avoid having to be subjected to idiotic opinions like yours
    test
  13. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

So you avoid idiotic opinions only to come and agree with Delinquent?

Gotcha.
    test
  14. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

just ignore gorilla nasty. all this dude does is talk shit and argue back n forth for days, then hell follow you in every thread trying to talk shit. he can never have a civil on topic debate. I used to feed into his shit all the time to the point I started doing the same shit.

he's a troll
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

After watching that fight again I still think Rogers won that first round, but barely.

Yea he only landed 3 CLEAN punches in that flurry, but not all the rest were completely parried or blocked (glancing 50% blows that still count).

Fedor had the takedowns, but they didn't really get him anywhere, in the second case, it actually got him into a bit of trouble.

Fedor lost against the cage.

He WAS winning standing up though, that right hook he threw towards the beginning of the round would've knocked out 90% of heavyweights.
    test
  16. d-( -_- )-b

d-( -_- )-b Thumbs Up For Utley

wow.

are you actually justifying that freakshow fight?

i mean seriously....

are you?
    test
  17. d-( -_- )-b

yea fedor should fight giant silva too

its a risky matchup for his legacy because of this size difference
    test
  18. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

I don't see the big deal. because fighting lesnar would be a freak show fight as well

the only thing that refrains these zombies from realizing that is the stamp on the canvas he fights on

brock could have the exact same resume he has now, and I'd still bet money if he never fought any of his 5 opponents in the ufwwe, every zombie and fan would be calling his fights freak show fights
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. d-( -_- )-b

apparently you dont understand the term 'division 1 national champion'

or does a wrestling pedigree have no merit in mma?
    test
  20. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

brock is famous for acting on wwe, not wrestling in college

if that was the case, fans wouldnt be calling couture vs toney, fedor vs choi, and sylvia vs mercer freak show fights, despite their boxing and kickboxing credentials and being renowned in actual combat sports

brock = a freak show fighter
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.