Lesnar: Fedor is the greatest in his own world

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by DahStoryTella, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

and thats the thing, mir folds against guys bigger than him, whether hes a BJJ guy or not. he even stated wrestling is his biggest weakness, hense why he also bulked up after the lesnar loss
    test
  2. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

indeed i am, i always admit when im wrong tho tbh
    test
  3. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

LMAO at this whole thread turning on Delinquent.

I've been trying to tell you guys this kid's a moron.
    test
  4. Gorilla Nasty

I like how he tries to make it like I'm mad.

I'm over here cool as The Rat pack while he made 7 posts defending his moronically biased opinions.

:bwahaha:
    test
  5. Gorilla Nasty

I bet he also thought Rampage was gonna win :funny:
    test
  6. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

see how mad herman is? three consecutive posts throwing childish insults

sherdogger in the making :funny:
    test
  7. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

stop jockin fedor. he's good, but if you want to present "he's suspect" arguments - i'm betting he would've lost to rogers if rogers hadn't hesitated. rogers - who is inexperienced in ground game was dominating fedor - and brock is 10x better than rogers on the ground.

fact is, until they fight nobody knows. i want to see brock against carwin cuz carwin is a good striker, but has very suspect ground game, and brock can be a good striker, and has great ground game. brock is extremely fast in takedowns, and is getting much better on the ground as well as being more patient in getting positions he needs. armbar? you're an absolute retard if you think fedor could get him in an armbar and hold it when brock goes for the takedown.

your only defense is fights that took place what, 2-3 years ago? brock's 2nd match where the was beating a better striker in mir at striking, and doing whatever he wanted until he awkwardly tried to get away? couture where brock was never in trouble and fought a much smarter fight and did all the work so definitely was a bit gassed, but still beat the shit out of randy - again outstriking a better striker.

your arguments are all "they're washed up" and if fedor loses you'll be the first one to say "he's much older and brock never would've beat him 5 years ago". shut the hell up, you know nothing of athleticism. fedor has faced good strikers, and he's faced good takedown artists, and he's faced gargantuans. he's never faced a skilled opponent that pretty much embodies all three of those.

then again, if carwin knocks out brock, there's not much to say until after their rematch. and same if werdum beats fedor.
    test
  8. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

^this guy mad as fuck, you know dude knows nothing at all when he says rogers dominated fedor on the ground
    test
  9. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

he was striking more, moving more, and got out of everything fedor tried on the ground.

stop trying to play off your moronic tendencies with "lol's" and "you're mad".

you're the only person who catches feelings over people saying that fedor isn't god. you spent 3 pages talkin about how you dream about blowin the dude, and crying any time someone presented credible fact against you.

breathe deep and relax and remember, fedor isn't god.
    test
  10. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

zyclon.. why is shanes ground game suspect?

"a two-time NCAA Division II Wrestling National Runner-Up Heavyweight in 1996–97 and the NCAA II Wrestling Heavyweight National Champion in 1999"

hes talented, not as decorated as lesnar but hes not ignorant on the ground
    test
  11. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

no, you are completely wrong and blind. rogers didnt do shit at all on the ground. fedor let go of the kimura and arm triangle attempt, and his leg got caught against the cage on the armbar attempt - which anyone can let slide since it was fedors first fight inside of a cage.

the more you act like a lil child, throw insults, and be subjective, you just prove that you are made and know for a fact you are wrong, and i am right
    test
  12. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Yea Shane won a lot of fights via gnp.

Yea, Rogers was winning on the ground, he was winning standing up too.

But what you seem to forget is that Fedor loses the first 5 minutes of a fight all the damn time.

His entire style revolves around timing and figuring out his opponent and finding mistakes and flaws. I'm not saying he "lets people beat him" for the first five minutes, he just takes it extremely slow so HE'S not the one that makes the mistake.

Fedor would dismantle Lesnar because his entire style is based on strength and ferociousness (esp. his striking, his wrestling is sound as fuck though). Lesnar throws sloppy punches that would never connect against Fedor, and Fedor would time him perfectly, just as he did against Rogers.

Fedor wasn't winning shit until he threw that punch, but don't act like it happened on accident.
    test
  13. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

i wouldnt exactly say rogers was winning the standup

fedor was getting the better of the exchanges, all rogers landed was that counter jab that opened up fedor's cut on his nose from training camp. but rogers was working fedor against the cage, which is again understandable since it was fedors first fight in a cage

but yeah,with the rest, you are correct. he looked like he was losing vs arlovski, then waited for it, and countered for the KO. styles make fights, these guys try doing MMA math and then think its gonna sum up results of a future fight. if that was the case, rogers would of beat fedor cause rogers KO'd arlovski quick as fuck with no problem at all

but lol @ zyclon saying rogers lost cause he was hesitant. rogers wasnt hesitant at all, he was confident in that fight. if anything, he was only hesitant in the overeem fight
    test
  14. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Fedor was indeed sneaking in his punches, but Rogers was landing more. Any judge would give it to Rogers for being far more active, and he did land a couple effective punches.
    test
  15. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

depends, a lot of the fans think rogers won round one. i had fedor winning it, if not, id call it even

fedor landed more shots in the standup, scored two takedowns, landed plenty of shots on the ground, actually landed more shots in the clinch even though he was up against the cage, rocked rogers in the standup, and had three submission attempts
    rogers controlled fedor in the clinch, and the only shot i seen him land was that counter jab, aside from a few punches and knees in the clinch. even though fedor had three submission attempts, all of them were let go by fedor, so i wouldnt of scored rogers with submission escapes
    test
  16. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Gonna hafta watch that fight again I guess.
    test
  17. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaIjrQt-cW0
    watch in 720 dpi for teh luxury lulz

-fucking dead-@ your sig though, piff at it again like always
    test
  18. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Haha yea my memory of fights tends to fade pretty quickly.

Only one I remember vividly was Machida v Shogun I and only because I had to argue incessantly as to why I though Machida won.
    test
  19. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

edited post with fight vid, peep
    test
  20. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

^Thanks.

I'll edit in my next reply here when I'm done watching, gotta go to borders real quick.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.