legal advice needed

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by reggie_jax, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i know theres lawyers and shit who browse this forum

my friend is having some legal problems and doesnt have any money for a lawyer so i wanna see if i can milk some free advice out of you

basically

my friend got arrested a while back for driving without a liscence a couple times. when they let him out the made him sign a contract saying that he wont get arrested anymore for however long and all that shit.

about 3 days ago he was arrested again but claims it was self defense/racism.

he's black.. and lives in a mostly white neighborhood... and he said he was standing ni his yard and this white guy (who he claims was drunk) came up to him and was like do you live here?! my friend responded "im not in the mood get the fuck outta my face." and the white dude kept askin him and shit. so my friend walked away, off his property and into the street, and the dude followed him and walked around him and pushed him. so my friend punched him in the face and then he got arrested.

from what he's saying nobody pressed charges but he was taken to jail and kept in a holding cell then released and given a court date for violating his contract. the penalty for violating is 2 years.

he wants to plead self defense/racism... anyone have any thoughts/advice on this?
    test
  2. j deazy

j deazy DAT_NICCA_MOOSE swallows

advice? talk to your boy in 2 years... if the contract said arrested it means arrested... if your boy gets a payed lawyer he could have a chance but pro bono lawyer prolly ain't gonna do shit

i'm not a lawyer and would never dream of it but i would guess dude ain't gonna get away with racism... self defense maybe but the racism claim might as well get dropped...
    test
  3. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

Hmm, yeah I might could see a self defense but I doubt racism. Why was he on the guy's property anyways? And any kind of witness to verify it would help alot. And what happened between the first punch and getting arrested, because I doubt there was a cop on the scene just waiting to arrest him. If it was a punch like "seriously get away from me" and then walked off he may have something, but if it was a punch followed by more punches it will probably be adios for 2 years.
    test
  4. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

as far as i know he only punched him once.. then i guess dude called the cops and nothin happen after that till he was arrested.

and he wasnt on the dude's property he was on his own property but the fight happen in the street not on his property.
    test
  5. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

So the guy came on your friend's property and did that shit? Because that's trespassing, especially if your friend felt threatened when he got in his face. I don't really know what qualifies as self defense though, I mean pushing someone isn't exactly life threatening but I've seen people get punched for less lol.
    test
  6. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i dont know if the dude actually came on his property but he was in his front yard when the dude first started talking shit. the yards aint all that big so really the dude could've been saying that shit from the sidewalk.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.