Left 4 Dead

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by BlackHaze, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackHaze

BlackHaze buhlackhaze

Anyone playing the demo?

I had it preordered to get the demo early, but never got a key. Now gamestop is all out of them.

Game looks fun though, I've heard alot of good things about the demo.
    test
  2. lobooboo

lobooboo Blankity Blank

I got the demo yesterday but have yet to play. I was watching my brother play for abit and it looks pretty sick. I'll probably get around to getting on it sometime later today. So excited for this game.
    test
  3. PhilNYCE

PhilNYCE Guest

whats this shit about??
    test
  4. lobooboo

lobooboo Blankity Blank

FPS survival-horror. Pretty much 4 survivors, you can play 1 and have the AI control the other three or play with 3 friends. You play through different levels and just help eachother get to the designated safety room. It sounds gay I'm sure, but it's pretty awesome.
    test
  5. NaSh

NaSh o_

saw a couple of videos for it on ign. looked pretty interesting
    test
  6. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

had a blast through the demo .. the game is hectic as hell .. it's like GoW's Horde mode on acid .. I like how the zombies ignore you and act like the zombies of old movies (slow and dosile) .. then when you make a noise and attract attention they come to life like zombies in modern movies (rapid and vicious) .. then all hell breaks loose with muzzle flashed zombie faces fill the screen .. it's not a good idea to try going it alone at any point as your 'team' is definitely needed to survive .. especially as some zombies will pin you down and then there's another that fires its tongue at you and drags you kicking and screaming across a room/street whilst your team shoot at it to let you go .. they also heal you .. and you them .. especially as you can shoot them (intentional or not) ..

the game is dark and has you on edge when you open any door .. as you never know whether it'll be just 1 or 2 zombies behind or a whole heap of them racing at you ..
    test
  7. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

played the demo 2 days straight....

this is one of the BEST zombie games ever made....hands down....

this shit is crazy...hectic...chaotic...and fun as fuck...play on expert mode and get fucked up...must play it with 3 other friends or you wont get the full enjoyment of the game...
    test
  8. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

So sick of zombies but the concepts sound dope as hell.
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

you need a key to get the demo? it's on live......haven't downloaded it yet so would i need that to use it?
    test
  10. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

test
  11. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

fuck i wanna try it so bad..

my box in repair right now
    test
  12. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

Could be huge on Live.

since you can play as the survivors or the infected. The videos that i've seen reviewing and breaking down the game have got me wanting to buy this game and i'm not all that into survival/horror games.
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Demo's gone now

don't know why they do this....i guess they only want to market to gamers who have actually heard of the game...lol........i don't get to keep up with every game like i used too.....

doubt i'll check it out otherwise
    test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lol @ only four 30 minute levels....wow

that is terrible.......

and it's still getting 9's and shit? i don't believe it's that fun......shit seems like a rental
    test
  15. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

I missed the damn demo!
    test
  16. DisFunction

DisFunction New Member

that shit made no sense...

4 campaigns of 5 levels each,

Total of 20 levels.

left4dead best co op online out by far.. hands down

this game is sick....
    test
  17. BlackHaze

BlackHaze buhlackhaze

^^ speaks the truth

If you've got alot of friends or people you know with it, this is easily one of the most entertaining games out.
    test
  18. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

i'm just going by IGN's reveiw

4 "scenarios" that take 30 minutes to complete

i'll pass
    test
  19. BMM

BMM Active Member

yeah, i love this game, but online is shit. co-op online is bananas, if you get the right people.

END TRANSMISSION.
    test
  20. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

The finale of Blood Harvest is fucking ridiculous. Playing on advanced or expert will not take a mere 30 minutes. Of course on normal you absolutely breeze through this game, the zombies are dumb and slow as shit for the most part. On the higher difficulties this shit gets extremely hard.

For the first time today me and my uncle got the Tankbusters achievement for killing that fucker without him hitting us. It is not easy, that fool takes at least 500 bullets. Burning the witch with a molotov seems to be the way to go - you get an achievement and it practically kills her.

It took me forever to identify the smoker. He looks like a normal zombie, all staggering around. I honestly think they did a great job on this game - each special enemy is tough in their own way with diverse attacks.

The first run-through is definitely scary.

Fuckin bitch Zoey always takes my kills with her sniper rifle.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.