Ledisi ~ Pieces of Me.

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by GaLaTeA, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

I'm a bit embarrassed to say, that until this year I had no idea who Ledisi is, even though the Pieces of Me her sixth album. Maybe I've heard her songs before, but failed to check it out who's the name behind the voice.

I have to say it's a shame that she isn't more widely known as a great vocalist and a singer, but thanks to her new album, I'm getting to know her music myself.

In addition to having phenomenal ballads, I'd also like to point out the following songs: Hate Me and Raise Up, One Step Ahead, So Into You, I Gotta Get To You, Bgty, I Miss You Now, Shine and Stay Together. A really good, dynamic, high quality and superior album, which a lot of singers can only dream of making. Hats off to Ledisi.

test
  2. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I didn't really become aware of Ledisi until around '07 when she dropped her "Lost & Found" album... then I heard her on a neo-soul compilation that dropped in '04...she was featured on a song called "So Right" which is also on an album that is out-of-print... she has about 2-3 albums that are out-of-print, which have a jazzier sound... her 3 albums that are in print are actually more in the vein of conventional R&B.
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

I'll need to frisk for the compilation and other albums as well...ty.
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

This is the compilation that I have... it's real nice all the way through actually.

[​IMG]

1. Zap Mama: Miss Q-N
    2. Rahsaan Patterson: You Make Life So Good
    3. The Tony Rich Project: Let Me
    4. Hil St. Soul: Shine
    5. Ledisi: So Right
    6. Rachelle Ferrell: Nothing in the Middle
    7. Amp Fiddler: Eye to Eye
    8. Positive Flow: Sunflower
    9. Andreus: Rebellious Love
    10. Rosie Gaines: My Man
    11. Me'Shell N'Degeocello: Andromeda & the Milky Way
    12. Olu: Sista Why?
    13. Adriana Evans: Remember the Love
    14. Eric Roberson: I Have a Song

And the albums that she has out-of-print are "Soul Singer," and "Feeling Orange, But Sometimes Blue" (this album features the "So Right" single)... both are selling for upwards of 30 bucks.

She scats on that song a la Ella Fitzgerald style... and it's real nice and sexy.
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

^^Ty, ty, ty, ty so much for that...#jumpsforjoy
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.