LeBron's list.

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by G-Rob da great, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

i never said a win is not a win. don't put words in my mouth. i just made comment because you're making a big deal outta that "clutch" shot when in reality it was meaningless and already forgotten by anyone not reading this thread.
    test
  2. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

He can't do everything. How can you blame a 56 point output and a team loss against the Raptors last year?

They needed to win the last game of the season last year to have a chance. They won that game. New Jersey just happened to win theirs as well and they held the tiebreaker.

They changed the organization mid-season and changed coaches-- to Brendan Malone, interm guy who more than likely could get no respect in the locker room because everyone with a brain knew his career as Cavalier head coach would be short-lived. Other than Lawrence Frank, interm coaches usually do not step in with immediate success.

What about this year? Did they collapse again? You were waiting for them too, I know, but sorry.. try again.

His first year? The Cavs started off 6-19. Shouldn't that choker or "non-leader" have just folded his season right then and there? No.. they still competed and were in playoff contention. You can arguably say they overachieved both years.

Sorry, but LeBron "collapsing" is not a trend and I don't believe players go from clutch to not clutch to clutch or whatever it is that you're suggesting.

Keep fishing.
    test
  3. G-Rob da great

It got media attention. That's the only reason you guys support the LeBron is not clutch notion, because of media attention.

Like I said, I felt LeBron was clutch with or without the shot. The shot was icing to me.
    test
  4. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

of course it got media attention. the NBA's poster child finally hit a game winning shot.

and no, i didn't expect the Cavs to miss the playoffs this year. what i fully expect (and have been saying time and time again) is they will not make it pas the first round of the playoffs.
    test
  5. G-Rob da great

It takes negative to increase such attention to positive.

You don't recall saying "Oh looks like you're choking again" after the 1-5 start post all star break? I recall you and a few others mentioning it- also because of (surprise) media attention.
    test
  6. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

oh yes. that i do recall. but i knew they were going to make the playoffs still. especially considering that Indiana is playing awful this season. after the all-star break the Cavs did go on a slide. the Cavs weren't playing as well after the all-star break as they were before.
    test
  7. G-Rob da great

It's arguable.

Don't forget during that 1-5 skid we lost to the Pistons twice.
    test
  8. the Prince

the Prince New Member

typical cavalier homer response. face it - lebron choked. they lost their second to last home game to the knicks of all teams. lebron was 7 of 25. they lost the next game @ detroit after leading by double digits at halftime. he choked. cleveland choked. you choked. it will happen again this year.
    test
  9. G-Rob da great

Not possible.

The Bulls will suck bad enough that they will eventually reduce our magic number to 0 no matter how many more games we win.

I was hoping N.O could reduce the number even further last night by defeating the little Bulls, but they are actually the team choking their season away in the second half this year.
    test
  10. the Prince

the Prince New Member

im not talking about making the playoffs - im talking about losing to whatever team you may play after a 2-0 lead
    test
  11. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

you stupid fuck can u not read?? i swear u let the hate blind you.. we just went over this.. go back a couple posts to where i mentioned people like artest and ak 47, players without rings..

uhh when did i say that i was talking about those players?? its a known fact that most the league cant shoot or play D.. look at kenyon martin.. guy went 1st overall yet he has no jump shot.. all he can do is slam.. teams are so desperate for an actual C that they draft anybody whos 7ft in hopes of him panning out...

simple it would be to easy for a cali native to jump on aboard the winning teams from here so i chose other teams to follow.. my fav 2 basketball players growing up were Drob and jordan.. started following the Pats when kraft/parcells took over and drafted Bledsoe and curtis martin..

i call u what u are.. u went from super huge laker homer when they were in the hunt for a title to super huge cavs homer when the lakers started falling apart and the cavs got lebron.. u knew the lakers were going downhill so u became the #1 cavs cheerleader.. same thing rippy did, with the grizzlies..

sorry to burst your bubble but before you and the rest of the idiots flooded this board we had a poll about the most knowledgable fans.. guess who was around the top

like i said most of this board only know players and positions..

um actually your are just a casual fan.. and u can switch buccs for laker and it would all be the same
    test
  12. G-Rob da great

Perhaps. Cleveland is obviously a much better home team than road.
    test
  13. G-Rob da great

Wow, 5 players out of a pool of over 300.

Like I said, not a true fan.

Why do you have so much respect for Tim Duncan and Shaq? They aren't "shooters", they're 7 footers.

What about Ray Allen? He can shoot with the best of them, play D, has a team first attitude. Oh wait.. no rings, he's garbage. Forget that.

LoL.. cousin, the grizzlies are an even worse example than the Cavaliers. You don't have a point or argument here. There's no such thing as the "Cavalier" bandwagon.. just let it go.

Lmao.. because "toker" said so? [funny]

You can not bring up one instance where you've gotten the better of me in an argument. I'm more than a casual NFL fan but the reason I participate in 10x more NBA discussion than NFL is because NBA is my strong suit. And I'm a fan of the NBA and follow it more than I do with any other sport on any level.

You on the other hand yap as if you have a clue what you're talking about in a place where you're simply out of your league as far as knowledge goes.

I've owned you on numerous occassions.

I've said it before, I break em down until there's nothing else to say.

You are one of the people walking in the shadow. I've killed you in any NBA discussion that you've brought to the table.

You saying otherwise is complete denial.
    test
  14. G-Rob da great

We can discuss any NBA related topic right now and I will slaughter you.

"Artest and AK-47 the two best non-bigs" in the NBA.. [funny]

You are a joke. Stop talking that bullshit.
    test
  15. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

didnt say they were the only one but atleast your reading is improving.. an again why is ok for the like of walton and barkley to criticize the players but i cant?? the game nowadys is nothing like what i gre up watching..

if your center/big man is a "shooter" as u say i feel sorry for u.. then again u wouldnt know what a real BIG is supposed to look like or do

damn and here i was thinking you were showing readin improvements.. guess i was wrong in thinking every dog has his day
    first off i aint your cousin.. 2nd if it make u feel any better sub out bandwagon and replace it with frontrunner.. its all the same thing.. we should just make u all time cheerleader that way u can root for everyteam.

rippy also claims to be more than a casual fan to bad like him, nobody believes you.. BTW your strong suit is Denial and pure ignorance not the NBA

the only thing your're gonna own is a broken heart after lebron and the cavs get bounced out the PO

naw you drown people in redundant BS
    test
  16. G-Rob da great

It's a difference between selective criticism of a players faults than saying 99% of the league sucks. Dude, you are not a true fan of the sport with a statement like that. Point blank. First of all, stop backing Bill Walton and Barkley [funny]- they are FAR from the most educated people involved with the sport, but nonetheless they would never make a statement along those lines and they would never say every player without a ring "sucks". What is so hard for you to understand about that?

There's hall of famers without championships. Karl Malone arguably the greatest to ever play his position- - no ring. Ring classifies a higher status but to judge it as be all end all is retarded.

I know what a real big is supposed to do. Why do you think I'm always on here arguing my case for LeBron and Shaq's sidekick Dwayne Wade.

You were talking about Kenyon Martin's lack of shooting and him being the #1 overall pick. He's a big man. Is he not?

Shocking revalation.

Ok, you are just not getting it. Let me bold, underline and put it in color for you. I'll also adjust the size, maybe then you will see it. Which front running team am I supporting?

Many people on RM would disagree. Why are you comparing me to rippy? I don't recall too many arguments where I said "hey man you're just like _____". You're letting some vendetta you have with him sidetrack you. There is no comparison.

Of course since they're the "frontrunners".

People don't listen.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.