LeBron's list.

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by G-Rob da great, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Reality has never been something you could handle. It's like it's just too difficult for you.
    test
  2. G-Rob da great

I agree. I never said Kobe (like Wade) couldn't be interchangeable with another great 2-guard or swingman, I was just trying to make a point to someone who thinks everyone in the league without a ring "sucks".
    test
  3. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Lol..

Umm - I'm not a huge fan of Melo, it's just when it comes down to last minute shots he seems to have a knack for it.

And Kevin Garnett should be on that all overrated team.

I mean look at this season. And last. He's about to have 2 years in a row with no playoffs.

Disregard the fact that Duncan is a top 50 player all time, and is dominant on both ends of the floor, who cares if he can shoot a three or run the fast break...

Would you see him going 2 years without a playoff birth, while healthy? Add to the fact, that the Spurs payroll is less than the Wolves. Did the Spurs have all these steals, or does having Tim Duncan on your team, make everyone better, and consequently have people want to play for your orginization?

Garnett could learn a lot from Duncan. Maybe rework that Albatross size contract he has, if he wants to win. Hard to get another big time player when you're making 200 mil in your career.

As far as Lebron and the Cavs... they're still learning how to win late in the season. No one has stepped up to be the go to guy at the end of the game really. Lebron isn't comfortable with that role, but perhaps this is a start. They need a Sam Casell type player who wants to knock down big shots, I don't know if Flip is that dude.

But for a Lebrons age and with all that pressure, he's doing great. I still think his defense is not where it should be, when you look at where Wade is.
    test
  4. G-Rob da great

The whole post with the comments was really just tongue in cheek humor (no homo).

I was just playing your spin off of how you always attack KG. lol.
    test
  5. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

KG isnt as good as Duncan as some people try to say so i can see why you can say hes overrated.
    test
  6. LikeWise3001

LikeWise3001 I crush alot

yeah, too bad for us that flip most likely wont stay.... and if Drew goes.... we better get someone good..... drew has alot of promise and he's still young...he should have good trade value....i'd like him to stay but wouldnt mind if he got traded for someone better......or equal but more agressive....
    test
  7. G-Rob da great

Yeah, well Flip is a free agent and we pretty much only traded for him to provide scoring while Larry Hughes is out injured. Once Larry comes back it'll be a bit of a logjam at that position with Flip, Hughes, Sasha and Ira Newble.. and Flip and Hughes are somewhat the same player, but Hughes is just better, so I don't see them re-signing Flip especially with the dollars he'll be looking for.

Hughes said the other night that he's eyeing an return somewhere in the first week of April.. sweet!
    test
  8. the Prince

the Prince New Member

first round departure
    test
  9. LordHysider

LordHysider Bawler

creative post, lol at that list, i like it.
    test
  10. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

to bad there isnt a point to be made

i dont think e. brand, artest, or kirlenko suck even though they dont have rings
    test
  11. G-Rob da great

You're not a true fan of the sport then.

I don't even know why I continue to argue with bandwagon fans like you, of course the rest of the league sucks, you follow the teams that win championships.

It's why you spend your days on Rapmusic saying "that wasn't a good signing", "you guys overpaid for him", "he's overrated", and so-on. You do it literally for anybody's team in ANY sport. Well you just have at it young fella and you get out there and pick another winner for next season! Patriots and Spurs in 07 baybayyyyyy!!
    test
  12. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

you see how the Heat beat the Bobcats last night? that's how you put away the Bobcats at home. not by needing a last minute shot against that garbage team.
    test
  13. G-Rob da great

OK. I'm sick of you haters making a big deal out of this "Bobcats" issue.

Prince, you have no right since the Bobcats beat the Bulls twice this year, including once in your precious United center.

Activist, didn't you- - less than a week ago- - just tell me that a "win is a win". Funny how fast you forget things.. now all of the sudden "a win is not a win".

The Cavs are undefeated against the Bobcats lifetime. The Miami Heat? No sir! They lost to the scrappy Bobcats last year.

Lest not forget you just played an OT game against the Bobcats recently- granted, no D-Wade, but I give two fucks about teams injuries now a days since we haven't had Larry Hughes since January.

The Bobcats beat the Pistons TWICE last season.

Not only that, but also just recently, the Pistons struggled to beat the Bobcats.. I believe they won by 5, allowing Charlotte to put up over 100 on their elite defense. But hey whaddya know, they lost to the Knicks just a few nights before that.

The Bobcats have wins over playoff contenders, Washington, Philadelphia, L.A Lakers, Chicago, Indiana and Boston THIS season.

So NOW. Let me say again since it didn't quite register last time. There are 30 professional teams where anybody can lose on any given night and LeBron made two huge CLUTCH plays. Period. End of story.

I hope you all enjoy the "fishing for reasons not to give LeBron props season." Let me know if you catch a great big ol' bass.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.
    test
  14. Iceodu921

as a game it dont matter ur right every team can pull a upset and a wins a win..

but to say this was a big clutch shot is bullshit. Noone will remember this clutch shot years from now. True clutch and greatness is when the games count more. Either to clutch a playoff spot or in a playoff game.

Rob Horry isnt know for his last second shots in march.
    test
  15. the Prince

the Prince New Member

why are you talking about the bulls? i dont care for the nba
    test
  16. G-Rob da great

LeBron hasn't had a chance to play in May or June (it's hard to say he could have been doing any more than he has to get that opportunity).

So to say he's not clutch is not fair to him if you're basing it on that alone. But you weren't basing it on that. You waited until he made a clutch play and then said you were basing it on that. Otherwise, Carmelo would not be considered to be a big shot maker because he hasn't played in late may either.

Anyways, when I make a thread about LeBron people do a terrible job of jumping the gun. When I made the thread about LeBron's defense, cats acted like I said he was better than Tayshaun Prince. No. I said he's improving and saying "he doesn't play defense" is played out and hanging on to the past.

Same situation with this thread. I didn't say he was stronger than Billups or Dwayne Wade when it comes to big shot making- I said he's improved his play down the stretch. Nobody's paying attention but it's all good.
    test
  17. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

lol.. i was a fan of basketball when it was actually basketball.. this shit nowadays is garbage.. Are u gonna say Barkley, Magic, Walton and a bunch of other nba purist arent true fans cus they rip the league??

if anything its u new kids that arent true fans.. your the ones that put individual players before the game.. your the ones that hype up players like AI, Kobe, Tmac, Garnett and so on even though they dont deserve it.. Your the guys responsible for kids not knowing how to shoot r play defense.. nowadays all it takes is being 7 ft or being able to slam to get into the league

and lol @ being a bandwagon fan?? do i root for a bunch of teams?? am i like you who went from hardcore laker fan to hardcore cavs fan?? if you're looking for company go ask Rippy or Style rip

and i do that cus i know what im talking about unlike you and the other idiots on here..

unlike 99% of the posters here i know more about the sport than just the players and their positions.. to bad u cant say the same.... you = rippy.. another clueless idiot

must be sad when i can tell u more about the buccs than a supposed fan
    test
  18. G-Rob da great

You can not name ONE instance where Barkley, Magic or Walton said "every player without a championship sucks" or "AI is an individual player who doesn't play defense." You comparing yourself to true fans of the game like Barkley Magic and Walton is pitiful and pathetic.

lol.. all of those players can shoot and play D. AI is probably the worst pure shooter, but you'll easily get laughed off of any b-ball board suggesting those players don't shoot or play defense.

I'm just curious how someone becomes a Spur and Patriot fan.

Anyways, I was always Cavs fan first. I even posted pictures I had of the newspaper clippings when LeBron was drafted the other day- which was before I even came to RM.com.

I'm also still curious to find out exactly WHAT the Cavs bandwagon is. Is it that we're 3 games away from clinching our FIRST PLAYOFF SPOT IN EIGHT YEARS?? Or is it the fact our franchise has never won a title or been to the NBA finals in our 36 year history. You tell me.

You always call me the bandwagon fan when your root for the teams that are winning. You still haven't found that ironic yet? No team I like has won a championship since I've been a member of this forum.

That's not the general theme among the forum.. lol. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Rotf.

I wouldn't be surprised, the NBA is my strong suit and favorite sport.. not the NFL, although I admit that I'm more than a casual NFL fan. Whatever point you're trying to make, I'm not quite sure. This IS a NBA related thread.
    test
  19. G-Rob da great

When OTHER PEOPLE in a thread have told me I owned you, well.. you think you would get the point.

I am the God of all things NBA. That's just fact.
    test
  20. Iceodu921

Lebron hasnt gotten there because his team collapsed last year.

Being the team leader and having them collapse down the stretch=not being clutch.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.