LeBron James booed at home as Cavs lose to Wizards

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by cyphamasta, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

everyone has their days. hell in the fourth quarter no one was doing anything but LeBron. literally.
    test
  2. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

I don't care about previous years. The Cavs are obviously much better this year than they've been in the last 8. When I said Miami was barely the better team I'm talking about this year. They're 2-1 against us this year, winning both on their home floor.

Both Cleveland and Miami will be eliminated by Detroit. I don't see what difference it makes. If Cleveland had the benefit of playing in a shitty division like Miami does they might have been able to notch a division win and one of the top 3 seeds. It's changing next year to seed by record so the Cavs would be currently sitting in the third seed instead of 4th.

And lol @ every dog has his day. LeBron has 50 of those or so every year. [funny]

Want a cookie?

I was glad to see Hubie Brown take note of what the absence of LH does to our team- since no one else does.

Enjoy the boasting and the 6 point win. [funny]
    test
  3. G-Rob da great

I like how Pat Riley says "I didn't want to break up the energy Zo was providing."

If you read between the lines, that quote actually says "I put Zo in because Shaq is too fat, lazy and slow to guard centers who shoot on the perimiter." [funny]
    test
  4. LordHysider

LordHysider Bawler

G-rob until lebron plays in a playoff game, stop posting in this thread.

GO HEATS!
    test
  5. G-Rob da great

I was addressed. So I'll post. More importantly, the thread has the Cavs and LeBron's name in the title, not Miami Heat- so I have no idea why LeBron should not be discussed.

LeBron is garbage though for missing the playoffs by a combined 1 1/2 games his first two seasons and being seeded 4th at the moment. He sucks.
    test
  6. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

I don't care about previous years. The Cavs are obviously much better this year than they've been in the last 8. When I said Miami was barely the better team I'm talking about this year. They're 2-1 against us this year, winning both on their home floor.

i KNOW you were referring to this year. and i still stand behind the fact that were more than "barely" better. the record speaks for itself. 41-21>36-28

Both Cleveland and Miami will be eliminated by Detroit. I don't see what difference it makes. If Cleveland had the benefit of playing in a shitty division like Miami does they might have been able to notch a division win and one of the top 3 seeds. It's changing next year to seed by record so the Cavs would be currently sitting in the third seed instead of 4th.

the difference is we will get past the first round. cleveland won't. and don't be so sure to write us off to losing to Detroit.

Enjoy the boasting and the 6 point win. [funny] whether by 6 points or 20 points. a win is a win. and this is the seventh time in a row we've beaten you on our home court. [funny]
    test
  7. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

Shaq>>>Illgauskus (or however the fuck you spell his name)
    test
  8. G-Rob da great

It's a plus 5 game in the W column and they needed a 10 game win streak to even get that far while the Cavs have had two losing streaks in the period. [funny]

Lest not forget that the Heat 10 game win streak only consisted of two teams above .500- it started against Detroit, then the only other above .500 teams they beat Washington, who I believe is currently one game over .500. Not to mention losing to the Warriors at home to end a streak is just as bad as losing to the Magic on the road........

I stand behind the fact that they're "barely" better.

It's always fun to look at the standings and say "Oooohh so this means that and that means this", but a true NBA fan and guru like myself always tends to look outside of the box score.

Don't overrate your team.

If Miami played in the central and was forced to be slotted 4th and meet the #1 seed in the second round they'd get it handed to em' there too. The fact that we won't make the eastern finals has more to do with the divisional/playoff seeding than it does with the actual talent on the team.

I wasn't so quick to hand Detroit the title like every NBA analyst did in the beginning of the season but I guarantee it wont be Miami that will stand in their way.

You won by 6 without our second best player, got dominated through 3 quarters, and you are all giddy about it. That's the point.

Like I said, I was glad to hear Hubie Brown talk about the absence of LH. It's kinda like Amare in Phoenix- the Suns get all this praise for doing what they're doing without their guy and how much better they'll be when he gets back. It was just good for him to recognize it since nobody else pays attention.
    test
  9. G-Rob da great

Great discovery you found there sherlock!

It's apparent you are the missing link to all the great untold mysteries in the world.
    test
  10. G-Rob da great

At least your finally admitting that Shaq is >>>>> Z-Ill.

When I said that if the two were traded today the Cavs would win more games than Miami you acted as if I was lying.

LeBron > Wade.

Glad to see you finally come around.
    test
  11. LordHysider

LordHysider Bawler

LMAO!

Dawg, wait till post season to start running ya mouth, L James ain't shit till he gets his team to the playoffs.
    test
  12. G-Rob da great

"L James ain't shit"

Says enough about your NBA knowledge in a nutshell.
    test
  13. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

if miami's not the one to get in detroit's way then who the HELL did you expect it to be? Cleveland? Philly? Washington? none of you guys come close. everyone knows it's going to come down to Miami and Detroit in game 7 in the eastern finals.

and i still believe the cavs would win more games with wade. he gets his teammates a lot more involved than LeBron does and makes them better. so still: D-Wade>James

the Cavs lose another game. are we really surprised. i'm not. yet ANOTHER 4th quarter meltdown. hahahahaha!

meanwhile D-Wade treated Utah like they were a highschool team. and shaq was all but ineffective again and they still win. J-Will has been healthy. Posey is finally coming around. Zo has been a monster. this team has finally jelled. and Detroit better watch out.

get the fuck outta here. i know you're passionate about Lebron and the Cavs but just face it. and what Hysider meant by Lebron James ain't shit til he gets to the playoffs is you really aren't great til you can get your team to the playoffs. you knew that and you knew what he meant by that.
    test
  14. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

and as far as Miami being "barely" better than the Cavs. let me show you something i'm sure you alread know:

-Miami averages more pts than Cleveland (Heat-100.8, Cavs-97.0)
    -the Heat have a higher FG% even though we average less FGA than Cleveland
    -our 3P% is higher even though yet again we average less 3PA

i can go on and on.

and you mentioned that we "only" beat you guys by 6 pts. don't forget how we beat you earlier this year 101-73.

get the fuck outta here.
    test
  15. G-Rob da great

San Antonio, Phoenix or Dallas. Not Miami.

Wrong. LeBron does more with less talent. Even before Pat Riley got trade happy and picked up Zo, and Toine and everyone else, Wade still had more talent. LeBron's talent in his first year was second year Carlos Boozer and Z-Ill as always, but Wade has been surrounded by more talent in his career-- easily, and LeBron makes his team better and puts up equal or better stats.

Once again, when they lose to a far superior team you open your mouth even though you claimed you wouldn't and you only mentioned the Orlando loss because they were an inferior team.

Anyway, I didn't really expect Cleveland to stroll into Miami or Dallas and pick up tough road wins- but I'll admit I was dissapointed in them giving up huge leads. HOWEVER, it's still better than this:

http://www.nba.com/games/20060209/MIADAL/boxscore.html
    Mavericks: 112, Heat : 76

Or even this:

http://www.nba.com/games/20051125/DALMIA/boxscore.html
    Mavericks: 103, Heat (home team): 90

Keyword: "Utah"

[funny] No, me thinks Miami better watch out.

The playoffs aren't the high bar, you kids just want them to be because you're desparetly trying to knock LeBron and that's one of the few things he hasn't done yet.

LeBron- - LIKE MANY OTHERS- - will reach the playoffs SEVERAL FUCKING TIMES in his career.

Playoffs aren't the bar that separates the greats- championships and finals are. Garnett has been to the "playoffs" umteen times, but only out of the first round once and never to the finals. You think people are looking at his career and said "yeah- he made the playoffs a couple times"? Get real. "Playoffs" aren't what determines greatness.

Regardless, you can be as great as you want but it doesn't change the fact that it's a team game.
    test
  16. G-Rob da great

Yes I basically know pretty much everything. It's easy arguing with you kids because I don't even have to research stats or anything in most cases. Arguments I've had with others started becoming tedious after awhile because the argument was challenging and I had to research a lot to back up my points. This is nothing to me. Clockwork. But carry on.

We averaged 103 ppg with Larry Hughes in the line-up.

This one you should've really just took 5 seconds to think that you have one of the all time leading FG% leaders on your team in Shaquille O' Neal- throw in the fact that you have a back up in Zo and a slasher like Dwayne Wade-- I don't care how many FGA you average, that team is a recipie for shooting a high percentage on any given night.

Again, just take the time to think for 30 seconds before you post. The 3 point shot is a low percentage shot- so generally if you don't shoot as many there's a good chance you'll shoot a higher %. Even if that's not the case, there's not much point in you saying "we shoot a higher % WITH LESS ATTEMPTS" it's an oxymoron.

Same here. Like I said, you and Hysider are coming with basic shit that I've either heard a million times or no real support to have a general idea of what you're talking about.

No, I didn't forget about beating Miami 115-107 earlier this year either (yes, they made a late game surge in that one too because they once again were getting served through three-- in Cleveland the crowd was just enough to hold it off unlike last Sunday).

I'll pass.
    test
  17. Young Marc

Young Marc Skrilla757

Great points in this thread

I still the Cavs will be in the playoffs though
    test
  18. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Even though a playoff spot is assured for the Cav's, they are backing into it.

With a blowout in Orlando, and then collapses against Dallas and the Heat, the Cav's don't really seem that much improved from last year.

They get rattled and when teams take it to another level, the Cavs don't have that other gear.

Even minus Hughs, the Cavs were up big, but couldn't close the deal.

Lack of killer instinct anyone... lol... kidding.
    test
  19. G-Rob da great

They don't have the other gear.

Mike Brown put it best when he said "what really hurts the most is that we were up on two playoff teams on the road and couldn't respond when they turned up the intensity."

It's true- - although none of it is really LeBron's fault to be honest, even in that miserable 3rd quarter last night he still scored 6 of the Cavaliers 8 points.. [funny]

And that's where this topic and thread originated from- - LeBron. Not the Cavaliers, not the Heat, but they chose to make it about the Cavs and Heat because LeBron started playing great basketball after the 1-5 start post all star break. When he plays great it silences the critics.

Like I said, that's why he responded "Cavs meltdown" instead of "LeBron meltdown" and made everything revolve around the Cavs and Miami instead of Wade and LeBron -- but whatever.

The thing bothers me most is that every acquisition Danny Ferry has went out and got has been a dissapointment- Damon is inconsistent, Marshall started out great and a front runner for sixth man, but can't play D and when his 3 ball isn't falling he's useless, Hughes injured 75% of the year.. list goes on.

I'm optimistic for next season though. And I still stand behind me saying I strongly believe they can eliminate Indiana (J O' Neal or not) if they secure the home court advantage.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.