LeBron James booed at home as Cavs lose to Wizards

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by cyphamasta, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

It's a fair knock against LeBron that he allowed Chicago to get back in the game and didn't do anything in the last 8 minutes of the game.

It's NOT a fair knock to disagree with him not taking the last shot.

They won the game. He passed to the open man and they won the game. How is there a negative? He drew the defense in and made the correct pass.

If he had forced the shot in traffic he probably would've missed- - but even if he had made it the best scenario would've been to tie it. Anybody would pass to the open guard behind the arc in that situation. Especially if he was THAT open.

Recluse you should be a coach, the decoy strategy worked to perfection! [funny]
    test
  2. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

I agree that Lebron made the right play on the final shot. He did his job and his teamate did his... we criticize Kobe for taking high pressure shots all the time - and then here some us are villfying Lebron for doing the opposite, not forcing the shot...

The question though for me is - what was going through his head at the time.

Did he drive knowing that he'd draw a double team and had confidence that Murray would sink it to win the game? Or was he copping out, not wanting to shoot the ball, with the game on the line.

The alarming thing is that it comes at the tail end of going scoreless for 8 minutes, which comes after a 5 game losing skid, which comes after last years collapse in the second half in similar fasion.

I'm not hating on Lebron James. But he is not Jordan already. He's not a top 5 player already. It'd be nice if the public would just sit back and enjoy, but you know that ain't happening. Whatever side you're on, each is not letting LBJ just be.

For a 21 year old to carry that much responsibility and pressure, Lebron is doing wonderfully. I give him his props.

But after 3 years, we start to get glimpses of what the future holds. We are starting to see who Lebron James is on the floor.

When does a slump, become a trend, become a habit, become a characteristic?
    test
  3. G-Rob da great

I hate when LeBron is compared to Jordan. Because even if LeBron ever does go down as the "greatest to ever play the game", he'll do it playing a style of basketball that's almost completely different from Jordans. They're just not similar players. Kobe is the better comparison to MJ, not LeBron. Those two even have the same coach and run the same offense...

I don't think ANY 21 year old or ANY third year player will ever be the next ANYONE. So therefore, I find the "LeBron is not Jordan" statements to be redundant. There's just too much a player has to accomplish in a career before he can be ranked alongside the greats. I understand why people say "LeBron is not Jordan"-- it's because they heard someone else say he is Jordan. Just believe me that I'll never be the first to say he's better or as good as any of the greats. Give him at least 5 more years under the belt and a chance to do some things.

You're rarely going to see a guy- - - no, you're rarely going to see a guard (or small forward) just come right into the league and dominate both ends of the floor and hit all the big buckets right away. Especially right out of high school.
    test
  4. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

One thing I realize is happenin right now is that the same people who were sayin "Lebron is all hype, he is going to be a complete bust, he hasn't proved anything in HS, he's gonna suck in the NBA" back in 2003 are most likely the ones who knock him for the few downfalls he has right now. There is a certain segment of people who tend to hate on anybody who gets hyped up, especially when most hype is based off of their potential and not what they have proven.
    test
  5. WHO'S NEXT

WHO'S NEXT Would U Beat

Lol all this Lebron Not clutch talk...Let the man breathe i mean he do avg. 31 6 6 .Wait Till He Figs. Out how to take them guards n Fowards to the post, and he gets sum type of low post game. Thats gonna be a problem.
    test
  6. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

wow.

Cleveland got DESTROYED by Orlando???

102-73. not beat. murdered by ORLANDO.

wow. the second half melt down continues.

hahahaha!!!!
    test
  7. G-Rob da great

Lame.

This thread gets buried deep down in the forum during the 4 game winning streak and then as soon as they lose rises back to the top.

Definition of a hater.
    test
  8. G-Rob da great

Good to know that I got to activist so bad that he sits around happily and waits for Cleveland to post one in the L column so he can come on here and yap his mouth. [funny] I also got him to change his sig which said nothing about "Dwayne Wade and LeBron James" before a few weeks ago.

I have to pat myself on the back.

That puts G-Rob 15 games above .500 in the standings.
    test
  9. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

lol! trust me man. i'm not a hater. i just like having fun arguing with someone whose team is better. its all in good fun!
    test
  10. Final Chapta

Final Chapta End of Story

Nash
    Lebron
    Marion
    Amarie
    Diaw

o0

lmaooo
    test
  11. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

At least it's better than making a new thread about the loss - which had to bear mentioning because it was against Orlando and was a good old fasioned butt whooping on top it.

Yes, I know the Spurs just lost 2 games in the last 3, but they played 4 games in 5 nights. Both losses came on the second night of a back/back, which is little alarming.

The team isn't exactly long in the tooth, but you can see their age starting to show in games like these.
    test
  12. Dex P. LaMorte

Dex P. LaMorte New Member

jesus christ..

this is still going.
    test
  13. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

which is exactly why i made this post. if they would've lost this way to San Antonio or Detroit then that would've been different. but to lost like this to Orlando????

everything Heat/Cavs related gets put in here that way there isn't any more unnecessary threads.

oh yea... CAVS V.S. THE HEAT TODAY!!!! GET READY FOR THE CAVS TO RECEIVE ANOTHER LOSS!
    test
  14. G-Rob da great

That's the most bold faced lie I've seen since I've been a member of RM.com.

You posted when they lost to the Pistons. You post when they lose to Orlando. If they lose to the Heat (they're owning them right now), you'll post again. You've taunted every single loss they've had since I sonned you a few weeks back. There is no "difference".

The equivalent would be me watching Miami in the loss column and then saying "oh hahaha they lost again!"

It's a 82 game season.
    test
  15. G-Rob da great

The only way for it to stop is for the Cavs to run the table because the whole forum suddenly gets quiet when they win or when LeBron has a big game.
    test
  16. G-Rob da great

Fuck outta my face.
    test
  17. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

woooo! another 4th quarter Cavs melt down. you guys led for 3 quarters. and in all honesty, i wasn't worried at all cuz i knew the Heat was going to make a comeback and win.
    test
  18. G-Rob da great

Ya'll had no answer for LeBron in the 4th.

Not surprising you didn't mention that since you claim LeBron only plays through the first 3 quarters. Instead this time you say "Cavs" melt down [funny]

Don't worry, the season series will be tied 2-2 when Miami returns to the Q on the first. Miami was dominated on both sides of the floor for 75% of the game. We'll tie it up even though Miami is the better team (barely).
    --

My n*gga LeBron though... 24-28 from the stripe, hot damn- that impresses me even. Fine job young man.

Hopefully we can re-sign Gooden and maybe pick up a better point guard with more of an offensive arsenal. I could only imagine how fierce we would be with a healthy Hughes- He was the guy to complement those 47-ish point outbursts that LeBron put up earlier in the year when he was healthy. I can't wait until next season.

I'm definetly not that concerned about losses to Miami and Orlando when Indiana is helping out by losing to Toronto.

We have to play Dallas in Dallas next, but after that the schedule gets softer than fat free jello pudding.
    test
  19. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

Miami is not "barely" the better team. this is the seventh time in a row we've beaten you guys in Miami. you guys WILL be watching us play Detroit in the eastern finals. Lebron did have a good 4th quarter. every dog has his day.

like i said. i had NO worries. i KNEW we were going to come back.
    test
  20. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Lucky for the Heat Zo is a beast.

Shaq was shitty.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.