lebron haters, you're right.

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Hardkore, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

brahman is usually pretty sound with his nba analysis.

He knows good and damn well that LeBron and Kobe are on a different level than Mac. He's just marketing a campaign for his boy. I agree with some things stated but not all (McGrady by all means should have been at least in the 2nd round this year, if not conference finals with Dallas being upset).
    test
  2. G-Rob da great

I think Mike Brown handles adjustments better than JVG but other than that they are pretty much the same. Defensive coaches with sloppy offense that revolves around two plays ran over and over again, dump it into the big man (Z or Yao) or they let their point-forward try to create something and make them look brilliant.

Both teams have some of the worst offensive gameplans ever. The only thing that's the saving grace is LeBron's brilliance at being a floor general and disguising a repetitive play into making everyone think something different was called out on the floor.
    test
  3. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

i don't agree with this... here's why:

(1) yao ming getting bested by carlos boozer on the defensive end and slowed by mehmet okur on the offensive end was out of his control... as we all know, the interior can serve to shape the rest of the game
    (2) the utah jazz, with their superior balance, could afford more for one or two players to have an off-night while the houston rockets needed everyone clicking on all cylinders to have a good shot

could t-mac have shot the ball better in the series? yes, but he was at least closer to his regular season percentage than some other key pieces of the offense

players' percentages against utah:

t-mac:
    regular season - 39.7%
    playoffs - 39.4%

yao ming:
    regular season - 52.8%
    playoffs - 44.0%

rafer alston:
    regular season - 29.5%
    playoffs - 33.8%

(rafer shot better, but damn... [funny])

luther head:
    regular season - 45.0% & 44.0% 3P
    playoffs - 30.6% & 26.1% 3P

(luther being off was a key disadvantage as his outside shooting was one of the things that kept our offense as a whole alive during the reg. season)

as i've said before, not trying to absolve him from all blame... but, he gets too much

i don't care what opinion he had before the playoffs began. it wasn't "all on him". the houston rockets surrounding him and yao ming, who has yet to make a genuine impact in the postseason, have been simply disappointing in both series thus far
    test
  4. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

lmao @ having to catch the re-run on espn classics

gotta love how u brag about shit u never saw...

so like i said earlier u dont know shit about winning a championship.. in your lifetime your teams are 0-2 kiddo..
    test
  5. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

Houston without tmac and ming isnt alot better than cleveland without lebron. Check the stats for yourself they are pretty even actcually and as you said both are good defensive teams with the coaching edge going to Houston. Tmac at best would have this same cav team at 8th seed because well he doesent make anyone better and doesnt posses the all around game of King James. Your foolish to think otherwise.

Lebron on that old magic team that you always rave about wouldve been a much higher seed and proably depending on who they played out of the 1st round.
    test
  6. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

of course they're not a lot better... they're not better at all. they're worse.

i don't need to check the stats. the team was 1-11, and you can just read the roster and see it's not as strong as cleveland's. why? they have no offense at center (dikembe can barely play over 20 min. per game on a consistent basis, so his defense is only there for a short spell) and no power forward. cleveland at least has those two positions covered without lebron and a respectable shooting guard in larry hughes.

no, what you're doing is foolish speculation.

doesn't make anyone better? son, they were 1-11 and turned aounrd to 21-10 with him alone. that's making players better!

and, i'm not going to argue about who has a better all-around game, but t-mac has a strong all-around game...

either you just really don't like the guy and want to discredit what he has going for him, or you simply don't do your homework

30, 6, and 6 averages in the postseason

30, 7, and 7 against the dallas mavericks

30, 5, and 7 over the month of january without yao ming as he led the charge

more foolish speculation

each team lebron has advanced with is a lot better than those orlando squads

the combo z-ill and larry hughes alone destroys everything t-mac had

STOP!

you said you don't like how everything turns into a t-mac praise fest... well, stop posting back to me, because all you're trying to conduct is a bash fest. you gloss over waaay too many positive points to mac's game.
    test
  7. double ML

double ML Guest

lmao@you bein' a complete jackass

i'm also a braves & redwings fan

more titles[stubby]
    test
  8. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

i respect yo opinion
    test
  9. double ML

double ML Guest

timmy might move up a spot or two before his career ends.
    test
  10. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

brahman i could dump on you so bad for this post lol.

He averaged 30-6-6 in first rd play don't act like he been deep in postseason play
    He averaged 30-7-7 vs dallas before they had defense like now
    Larry hughes is trash
    test
  11. double ML

double ML Guest

josh howard > t-lack
    test
  12. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

no you can't, because i'm speaking sense

what you went on to say made no sense

so what? he played as far as his team could go, plain and simple. and, he played well.

3 of those years he was on a #8 seed going against the top, one of which was the detroit pistons with the league's defensive player of the year in that season

and, don't act like he hasn't shown good all-around play otherwise outside of that... it's not like he gets into the playoffs and magically did that when he hadn't previously. he's always been an underrated playmaker. very underrated... check the AST/TO ratios, especially when he was in orlando and the only source of offense

they still had good defense though... josh howard's been a very solid defender since he first entered the league

he's respectable

and, what does saying he's "trash" prove? he's definitely not as trash as any player t-mac had to play with without yao ming... that's my point

t-mac took a 1-11 squad and steered a 21-10 record

so, i don't see how it can be logical to say he couldn't do well with that young, able-bodied, and good defense-playing cast of the cavs
    test
  13. toker

lmao @ you bringing up two sports nobody cares about

care to remind me how many titles your dolphins and suns won in your life??
    test
  14. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

1. So what doesn't work. He played detroit once and they was up and he ran his mouth and they lost. First round averages don't mean shit in my book unless you actually advance.

2.We talkin bout the series when he baptised shawn bradley right? They had no defense nigga fuck outta here.

3.I watch cavs games...you don't. Hughes is a good def player but on offense he is atrocious. It's a reason why every cavs fan wants him gone.

I am not sayin he wouldn't do good with this cavs squad. We have a good squad but not many people realize it. They just need a offensive coach cuz i tell you what with the offensive plan this squad got now mcgrady couldn't do shit
    test
  15. double ML

double ML Guest

lmao@your blatant denial of truth[funny]
    test
  16. G-Rob da great

lmao @ toker denying the popularity of baseball
    test
  17. toker

yup so popular that it took two juiced up players to save it

not that it matters.. just go look at the amount of threads he makes for the suns/phins compared those other teams..

deep down that fag knows which sports mean more..
    test
  18. G-Rob da great

I really don't know if there is another player in the entire NBA that would do as good or better if LeBron James was traded for him.

Don't undermine the chemistry the team has built by keeping it's core intact for the last 3-4 seasons. LeBron has trusted his teammates from his rookie year, even when they haven't made shots which is why they are where they are today.

People look at the talent and say it sucks but fail to realize the only way they compete on offense at all is because LeBron has the utmost trust in them. There's no greater passer at his position. His defense has risen greatly over the last two seasons. And our ability to crash the offensive fiber glass is helped by the attention he draws at the top of the perimiter and rim.

McGrady would beat the Wizards in a Cavs uniform, but not much else.
    test
  19. G-Rob da great

Larry Hughes isn't nesscarily our shooting guard and I wouldn't say he's respectable. He's okay but he isn't groundbreaking, will never make an all star team, and probably isn't much more effective than Shane Battier.
    test
  20. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

see, the thing is you guys are making these definitive statements about what would happen when all i'm doing is defending how well t-mac has played with such a poor 1-11 squad

where do you get the "not much else" from? lebron didn't play all that well against the nets... vince carter being so off during the series was more of a difference maker. so, t-mac getting that kind of benefit of a team's star playing so awfully? and, yeah, jason kidd played well, but he's not the type that will carry a team's offense and supply the scoring needed. he has to depend on his weapons to some extent, and his main one failed to deliver

he may not be more effective, but i can see him equaling shane... and, even if he was less effective, it's not a notable disparity

plus, you throw in a drew gooden to the houston rockets' dirth at pf and z-ill to the dirth at center

my point is that the cavs without lebron are easily better than the rockets without t-mac and yao, so i don't get why it's said that t-mac couldn't do a comparable job of carrying that team

i'm not saying he's better or even as good as lebron, but some of the glossing over of the leadership he showed throughout this season is ridiculous...

you simply have to understand that the team around him and yao is terrible (1-11 terrible), and they were even moreso during the playoffs as they underperformed their regular season selves... throw in the fact that yao gets beasted by carlos boozer, and the series loss makes t-mac look worse than he should
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.