Lebron = 100% hype

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by mac10, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

No way you can call that a good game. He was held almost completely in check.
    test
  2. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

He was invisible the entire game other than a couple lay-ups. The 2 threes at the end helped make his stats look less horrible, but that's it.

The guy just doesn't have it. You guys can argue all you want. But he's either completely on fire, or he's doing jack shit other than getting easy baskets. He's a cherry picker that feeds off lay-ups, fast-breaks, and open lanes.

Although....he is getting better at creating space for his shot. Using Jordan's fall back step. It worked twice on those 3 balls, but at that point the spurs had already stopped playing.

Should've been a 20 pt win.
    test
  3. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

It might have been better for the Cavs if the Spurs HAD won by 20 and knocked some sense into Brown. Now, they look at that final score and look at LeBron's numbers and think, "Hey, if we keep doing what we're doing we really have a shot. James won't have another game like that!"

So instead of inserting Gibson into the starting lineup or developing another play besides James-dribbles-out-the-clock-and-heaves-one-over-three-guys-at-the-buzzer, they put their head down and keep on keeping on.

Its almost as if the Spurs in all their evil genius saw they were up by 18 and made a decision to give up some points to give the Cavs false hope in their game plan. "Nah, guys, really, that almost worked. You should do that again."

-- off some random blog response.

But I was thinking the same thing when the Spurs were blowing out the Cavs and then downshifted. The Spurs didn't want to humiliate the Cavs because that might light a fire.

And please don't think Boobie scoring 6 points at the end of the game by basically running to a spot then pulling up for a shot means he will save the Cavs if he starts.

Kid has been impressive but I hope they start him, I hope they start him in game 2..

Spurs played a C+ game and were blowing the Cavs out by 18 - were in control midway threw the 2nd quarter, and whenever they wanted to be.

I see no reason for things to be different in game 2. Lebron will be more effective, but so will the Spurs offense. Finley 1-7, Ginobili 16 points off 18 shots, Parker's jumper off. Tim Duncan in chillaxe mode.

Ya'll ain't even seen the Spurs in ••h gear.

C'mon Cav's play better.
    test
  4. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

You've already established that you don't think LeBron is good and you've already been proven wrong by everyone here and the man himself so why not quit posting about it.

What LeBron do you watch that gets his points from cherry picking and easy feeds? The Cavs don't have a point guard and LeBron dominates the ball on 95% of the offensive sets.
    test
  5. G-Rob da great

They won't. Already confirmed by Mike Brown that there won't be a lineup change.

I'd rather see Eric Snow in the lineup. He's the closest thing to anyone being even remotely able to contain parker. I said Parker was going to rape and he did. I hope everyone now understands why matchups are so key in basketball and like I said in the last series that we struggle with speedy penetrating guards (like Tony.) and have no problem playing against big guys that post and play on the perimiter (like Vince and Chauncey).

Gibson would be a good choice too but I'm not sure about letting Pop get a rookie start a NBA finals game who hasn't started a game since March.

Sorry but our defense is just a tad better than Phoenix, Denver and Utah.
    test
  6. Ethan Albright

Yes, he proved everyone wrong with that ONE FUCKING GAME?

Jesus Christ, this dude has been absolute shit in clutch moments, and he has a single LUCKY game and people act like he's done something greatly impressive.

He had 58 points in 50 minutes. Whoop-tee-fucking-doo. Hell, give Drew Gooden the ball every possession the other night and he could've scored 29 of the Cavs last 30 points......seriously.

He's garbage in clutch situations. He's garbage at shooting. His jumper is nonexistent. He still doesn't have any good ball skills other than passing.

He uses his athleticism to get everything he gets. Which is usually just drives to the lane for lay-ups. And yes....that's how he gets his points 80% of the time.

I can't wait for the rest of this series. lol......

I'm glad everyone is cemented to his dick. Let's see how quick that shit ends and you all go completely silent. Dude'll have minimal impact in the entire series.
    test
  7. double ML

double ML Guest

lebron > rippy's favorite player
    test
  8. G-Rob da great

I honestly quit reading after that lol. Not going to waste my time.
    test
  9. Ethan Albright

You shouldn't have even responded again. EVERYONE knows lebron is pure garbage in the clutch.

EVERYONE.
    test
  10. Ethan Albright

Not even close.

Rippy's favorite player = Lebron's idol.

Seriously. "I wish I had that"....oh, and 3 rings, 81 pts, 3 pters in a game record, etc etc etc say....you're wrong.

Magic Johnson wasn't better than Jordan but at least he had rings. Lebron is no Kobe....and the rings don't even matter.
    test
  11. double ML

double ML Guest

lebron has led a team to the NBA finals.

that is somethin' that kobe will NEVER do.

lebron > kobe
    test
  12. G-Rob da great

He's in the NBA finals on a slightly better than average team. A good defensive team but a poor offensive team that is completely led on his command.

So to me, that makes him not pure garbage in anything.

LeBron doesn't care about regular season scoring records. He's more passive than Kobe. 81 points has already been overlapped by LeBron's game 5 this year. Lmao, nobody is talking about that 81 point shit anymore.

48 points in game 5 on the road against good defensive team

Is more impressive than 81 points in a blowout victory at home against a lottery team.
    test
  13. G-Rob da great

LeBron will retire with more rings than Kobe since Kobe will never win another one without big daddy.

How many NBA finals has Kobe been to with Zydrunas Illgauskas? [funny]

I win.
    test
  14. G-Rob da great

Shaq is more likely to help these little fat kids lose weight on reality tv than Kobe is making the finals without him.
    test
  15. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

I love your logic.

It's amazing how you completely ignore the fact that they both play in two different conferences. The manhandling of the cavs by the spurs in the finals is a complete representation of the gaping disparity of the two conferences.
    test
  16. Thoughtz

Thoughtz Well-Known Member

lmao@ shaw & the fat kids hahah
    test
  17. double ML

double ML Guest

double > purple haze
    test
  18. Ethan Albright

I love the "mediocre team" excuses......while Lebron's team-mates are CARRYING HIM.

lmao...

This shit is too easy.

Just curious - did Lebron make a single shot tonight that wasn't a layup?

bonus points if anyone can tell me how many layups he missed.
    test
  19. Ethan Albright

Gibson = Cav's MVP.

Runner up: Drew Gooden.

honorable mention: Pavlovic
    test
  20. double ML

double ML Guest

rippy is the yinka dare of the sports forum.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.