Lebron = 100% hype

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by mac10, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac10

mac10 New Member

The guy showed me absolutely nothing. And people compare this guy to Jordan?? He's not even on Kobe's level. Game #1, I understand passing to the open shooter but for God sake the man had a sure dunk to tie the game but choked. Game #2, this guy thru up some bullsh*t and cried to the refs for not bailing him out. Not even a Cav's fan but I'm sorry ...Lebron James your nothing but a fake. Don't even show up for game #3 cause this series is over. Bring on the Spurs. Pistons playing a bunch of stiffs....
    test
  2. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I wouldn't say all that...but he received so much hype coming out of HS without having to prove himself in situations like this, that it's not quite fair for them to annoint him as the next anything. Of course he didn't have the power to declare himself as the "King" and the future and all of that....the media and everybody did that very premature...and surprisingly, he lived up to and exceeded many expectations. However, at this point, it is looking like he's not having such a good time proving himself as a clutch player, and dissapears for many stretches.

It's crazy that when Kobe was drafted in 96, only a few people saw the "Jordan" in him, and he didn't even start receiving comparisons to Jordan til 98, and didn't really have people saying that he could be as good or better until 02-03, and then the rape charge hit. With Lebron, they were callin him Magic and Jordan when he was in the 11th grade...and in HS, he never had to come through clutch because all the games were blowouts.

Overall, he's still going to be a great player...but who knows what his overall legacy will be.
    test
  3. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

All hype at 22?

Lebron has so many records all ready its not even funny

3rd rookie to average 20-5-5
    6th player to average 27-7-7
    5th player to average 30-7-7
    2nd player to average 27-7-7 for 3 straight years.

It's only his 2nd time in the playoffs but people act like he 28(the age jordan was when he got passed the pistons to get his first ring) or kobe (never made it out the first round by hisself)

Lebron is not a mj type player.

tonight he the did what wade always do except wade always get the calls.

He 22 years old ya friggin idiots lmao.
    test
  4. mac10

mac10 New Member

I know he's young and all that and will get better, but as of now I couldn't beleive what I was watching. The King along with the rest of his teammates was playing scared. Duing crunchtime, I wanted to see the King drive to the hole "strong" like a MJ or Kobe, but instead I saw a passive young guy looking to be bailed-out by somebody....

Only reason I watched the game was because I wanted to see what the King had. I'm done watching this debacle, I saw all that I needed to see....
    test
  5. mac10

mac10 New Member

Hey Fatal I don't give a sh*t about his age. That's a weak arguement. He's in the playoffs now and needs to perform. He didn't show up because he played scared, that's all I'm saying. He's mature enough to know when to go up strong like a man. If you come weak to the hole against Detroit, they gonna embarrass you. Lebron came weak too many times and his stuff got sent the other way. Refs not gonna give you calls if you come weak...
    test
  6. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

I'm sayin if you muafuckas gone compare him to somebody who didn't win they first fuckin ring till 28 it's bogus.

I'm dissappointed in him at times myself but i ain't gonna say he not gone be shit when he further in the playoffs than jordan was.

Jordan failed to get passed detroit 3 fuckin times before he won it but nobody mentions that,jordan was 28 nobody mentions that,jordan had pippen people rarely mention that.

Wade had shaq

Kobe had shaq

Magic had kareem

Get off lebrons nuts the media got you muafuckas seeing the small picture and not the big one
    test
  7. mac10

mac10 New Member

Forget the future, I'm talking about the small picture. Alright Fatal, was game #1 not winnable?? The King was right under the basket but his heart stopped, instead of dunking to prolong the game he passed it to the scrub. Was game #2 not winnable?? They gave the ball to him like they should but as usual he bricked because he got scared. Did you not see that Fatal?? I never said anything about winning the series and all that other bullsh*t you talking about, I'm talking about coming thru these last 2 games. Of course he's gonna be a good player eventually, but now he's way over his head on this big stage. I'm saying right now on this big stage he's 100% fake and if you can't see that then your simply another Lebron dickryder. You talking about age, Jordan embarassed Bird in his 1st playoff series. Wade and Kobe at the very least showed-up for their debutes. MJ lost his 1st series but he never went out like a punk like the King is doing now. And why your riding Lebrons nuts so much defending him?? You saw the damn game didn't you??
    test
  8. illest brother

illest brother Registered User

Pimpmaster, your arguments are horrible.

I wouldn't mind seeing what happened at the end of game 1 again. If Marshall hit that shot, ya'll would be praising LBJ for his court-vision, unselfish-ness, and offensive awareness to hit the open teammmate (who did hit 6 threes the last game and tied for most three-pointers in an NBA game, is that who you're calling a scrub?).

I don't know what game you were watching tonight, but there was definitely contact on that final play. Maybe that was even his intention, to drive in and try to get to the line to tie or win it.

What the Cavs need now is for their players to step up big time. Fucking Larry Hughes had a wide-open close-range shot that he should have made with his eyes closed.
    test
  9. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

I think it's sad really.

Nobody on this forum EVER said LeBron is not clutch until ESPN did. [funny] I've seen someone quote word for word from an ESPN.com article and use it in their argument on this forum before.

LeBron is better than most of these dudes favorite player. And most of these people are not fans of one of the four remaining playoff teams. Period.

Kobe, as great as he is, is at home.

The Cavs, and LeBron, don't make it to the NBA final four by "sucking".

And lol @ "Cavs don't have a chance", yes we're down 0-2, but I'd say we had two CHANCES, and that's being generous.
    test
  10. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

lol who the fuck is his clown, we need him banned from even watching games

"at least kobe showed up for his debut"

yeah, by tossing up back to back airballs in utah. thanks for playing, kobe.

and no one is gonna say lebron is more clutch than wade. that's where i think college plays the biggest role..leadership & ability to perform in the clutch. melo & wade are both significantly better down the stretch than lebron, both with better track records. lebron is still terrible at the freethrow line in the ••h quarter. TERRIBLE. he'll get there though.

lol at 100% hype though. that's hilarious. you're acting like he's as old as greg oden LOOKS. this is his first conference finals. tracy mcgrady will never know what a conference finals feels like. not to mention, lebron's supporting cast is god-awful by the way. larry hughes has been one of the biggest free agent busts in recent memory. there's no one on that team who can come even close to providing the cavs with 20 points on a consistent basis. occasionally pippen would drop 20, and if he wasn't scoring, he was playing absurd defense. occasionally kukoc would drop 20. steve kerr would hit wide open 3s if jordan wanted to kick it out. paxson would do the same.

so, basically, shut the fuck up you amazingly large douchebag.
    test
  11. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

It took Jordan a while. Basically til Phil came, but still... LeBron has done quite a bit compared to what Jordan had at comparable points in their careers.
    test
  12. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

LeBron = an athletic basketball player.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

It's espn's fault they made him out to be some sort of God before he was any good. Next time, they should wait to see if the guy will actually be able to score from more than 5 feet away from the rim before they do some unnecessary build-up.

He lacks everything the greats have.
    test
  13. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

poor comparison

lebron's cast may not be all that great, but the disparity between the quality of his cast and the other team isn't as great as it has been for tracy mcgrady... especially when he played for orlando

who was lebron's first round match-up this postseason?

a gilbert arenas-less washington wizards with larry hughes (despite his recent fading) giving him 19.0 ppg on 44.2% shooting & 6.8 rpg and zydrunas ilgauskas giving him 19.8 ppg on 60% shooting & 11 rpg?

shit, t-mac would have killed for help like that back in orlando

now, in the west, yeah it's going to be even harder for t-mac to advance... yao still has to show he can be a good postseason big man. as it is, his game is suited more for the regular season

and, the other players around those two for both of these past two series have been TRASH

1st.) a bunch of aging and breaking down veterans (bob sura still hasn't seen the floor since)
    2nd.) players who flat-out disappeared
    test
  14. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

OH MY.....wow...he's 22 yall...lol...his ••h year he's in the eastern conference finals??LOL....wow....cant believe yall got the nerve to hate on this man....lol yall must be 22...not as successful huh fellaz?
    test
  15. Ethan Albright

If he hasn't developed a jumpshot within 4 years, he's not going to within 10.
    test
  16. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

dont listen to ethan, his head is too far up kobe's asshole to judge lebron's play objectively
    test
  17. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

lebron's jumper was raining tonight

no, mos def something more

even if you want to disrespect his jumpshot, you can't gloss over his high playmaking i.q. and simply say he's all athleticism

you just can't... his great court vision is a huge part of his game
    test
  18. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

series is going just as i predicted :p

pistons win the next 2 out of 3 and we're on a good boat
    test
  19. illest brother

illest brother Registered User

Stupidest post I have ever read, and believe me, I have read some pretty stupid posts.
    test
  20. Ethan Albright

ok....Say I'm wrong.

It's a lot easier than trying to argue:

1. His jumper is pure garbage.

2. He can't create his own shot.

3. He feeds off fast-breaks and easy drives to the basket.

4. He's the Peyton Manning of cracking under pressure in the NBA.

5. He's not near as nimble as the other greats in the league.

So yeah. I'm wrong. This dude is Paul Peirce with a worse shot and in a different jersey.

Is that bad? No. Is it great? Not even close.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.