Learning to Mix (follow my journey in learning how to mix) 1.22.12 UPDATE***

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Blackanese, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackanese

Blackanese BlackaneseCantRap.com

Learning to Mix (follow my journey in learning how to mix) SUPER BOWL SUNDAY UPDATE**

It's 2012 and I'm trying to learn how to mix, so I'm going try to update this thread with my progress.

I'll be posting all the info that I can such as the plugins I'm using and all that stuff.

UPDATE* 2.5.12 SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!!
    alright yall, i know i have been slacking and delayed, but i just signed a distribution deal with phire records and i've been hella busy but im back with a new mix featuring Monica Johnson.

new track by myself and mixed by me...its a crossover dubstep track...ive been wanting to drop something on a dubstep track....i wanted a digital feel so i wont really go into details about my chains...sorry but this time i did overdue the plug ins to the point where acid pro crashed a few times...for those that know about mixing please dont come in to tell me about over using plugins, i know, i know, i know....i basically freestyled the mix lol....but i love how the mix came out so i hope you guys enjoy

Xbox and Androids featuring Monica Johnson dubstep mix
    Blackanese - Xbox and Androids feat. Monica Johnson - Hulk Share - Music Distribution Platform
    download and stream link

Blackanese - Band Profile | Facebook

if you enjoy please like the page and download

as always please leave comments and critic, this is an outlet to help me move foward...

Update* 1.22.12

Alright, so I got around to recording and mixing this freeverse a couple days ago.
    The mix came out ok, I think there's a little too much reverb. I wanted to have a big stand out sound. Any comments or help appreciated

the chain for all the vocals were the waves ssl eq strip, waves rvox, waves reverb, and waves l1,
    i also used waves truverb for the doubles

I really tried not to OD on plugins because I know people tend to do that.

Candy Play | Blackanese - Grinchy Grind Freestyle

mixdown.mp3 - Hulk Share - Music Distribution Platform

direct link

I followed this tutorial a little bit and I tried my own stuff off of what I read from that site.

Mixing Rap / Hip Hop Vocals | How To Mix Music - Learn how to mix music like a pro!

I'm happy with my first mix, but I know I have a lonnggggg way to go. I'll have another mix up later this week.
    test
  2. cj mandarin

cj mandarin CJMandarin Productions

If you're using FL Studio I highly recommend you watch some of the basic tutorials on mixing on Image Line's Youtube channel. They give you some really simple and basic tricks to do to help your mixes and they work fucking wonders.
    test
  3. Blackanese

Thanks bro
    I only use FL studio for making loops then I export them into acid pro

Ill be starting my journal off mixing in Sony acid with the waves bundle,

Ill be using pro tools once I get it working on my machine
    test
  4. MrKaotik2012

MrKaotik2012 New Member

what up my nigga its Terrorist Child now Total Kaos how you been all these years hope all is well get at me on aim sometime Mrkaotik2012
    test
  5. Blackanese

what up yo, I added you, my s/n is itsNESEson
    test
  6. Blackanese

oh shit let me add, the next mix I post up will be a full mix, I'm going to produce the beat and everything so it wont be just vocals next time
    test
  7. Blackanese

update posted, thanx to everyone thats following my journey...it really is appreciated...
    test
  8. bolly2u

bolly2u New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.