League Poll. Please Vote

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Riot, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Severity.

Severity. New Member

I say just keep one division, because the cream always rises to the top.

There are middle-weights that are nasty, and there are light-weights that have potential (or are good), and there are heavyweights that suck. Why should someone like Jack Lantern "only" be the Middle Weight champ, when from what I've seen he could easily give any heavyweight a run for their money?

One division.
    test
  2. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

our next even should be the death of the weight classes
    test
  3. Yung Troy

Yung Troy The Lyrical King

I like Riot's idea...
    test
  4. Konflikt

Konflikt ●○●○●○●○●○●

vote erase the divisons for now.
    test
  5. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

True. I honestly agree wth everythng you said yo.
    test
  6. niboswald

niboswald Paradoxymoron

Yeah I like the no division idea, and when two heads clash with a strong record ie 4-1 apiece, you can add a Heavyweight battle to their match, or peeps on 3-3 each would be a Middleweight battle or folk 1-4 apiece would be a Lightweight kind of thing.
    test
  7. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

I could be in heavy weight if I wanted to but I really don't have the time to write for people like Severity, props by the way homie glad we got a definitive champ

moving me to lightweight was bullshit but its more fit for the place I am at right now, I'm not worried about structure or anything as much as I am than just having fun, also I know I can beat the people I'm up against, that's always fun to,

if you keep the divisions i'd like to remain champion until I am defeated

for as many people that we have right now though, either one or two champs
    test
  8. john hensley

john hensley 7xRBL

I vote one division, but wouldn't be opposed to 2. From what I've seen in the RBL North/South and the LLL's LLL and LLL Jr. is that over time they fail.

I think the idea of having different weight classes is cool though, and advancing up through them is a good idea, but I think one division is the best bet overall. I don't see the difference really in having all 3 divisions, dropping from one to the other, and just having a losing record and dropping farther away from the champ match in the ranks.

but, it's up to the people in the league mainly, i'd ask each division seperately or at least take into consideration what each 'group' is reccomending. The people in Heavyweight aren't going to care about MW or LW, so they will vote one division, where some people in the MW and LW are going to want to go against people more of their caliber unless they are dominating, then they will want to go up. If people in LW and MW want their divisions, keep it for them, for the HW I don't think it will matter quite as much.

I think one rank system makes the most sense and is less complicating
    test
  9. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

two divisions sounds right
    test
  10. Gsus

Gsus aka Wordz bka G. Legit

do away wit the divisions
    test
  11. Extreme Venom

Extreme Venom Well-Known Member

I agree with freeze....

Yea the Sign ups are thin right now, but Dickryding is going to become a Big Problem if you ask me.. I see the RBL going back to the same dick ryding haven it used to be with one division & I am not modding or writing mags for that shitty style of a League, It was sickening with all the "you lick my cock I'll lick yours" bullshit that was going on.. fuck that I'll just have'em move my balls to the battle board or some shit...

I mean, The Divisions not only add a Nice versitility & Exciting twist to the league (That NO OTHER LEAGUE HAS). But they allow Heads that are at levels like Heart Cloaker & where LP has USED TO BE, to improove at thier own Skill level(& My, I must say it but LP HAS IMPROOVED.. considering the shitty shit he was posting in week 1 & 2, he has gotten BETTER from battling Light Weights & learning what works in the rbl, So Has Deth Stryque, It only took deth 2 weeks to Become quite a force in the league.. in the old league he would've been overshadowed by TALKERS & RYDERS and signed out in week 3)...

I say Keep it.. It Needs to Be more strict & Heads need to Be CONSTANTLY swapped from Division to Division via Special match types like we had in week 3 where heads were battling hard to keep thier weightclass in the league. THAT is what will make it more exciting.. Moving heads from Light Weight to Middle From Middle to Heavy & Back down again if they lose or no show on special match types.

Even if the Weight classes themselves don't stay at the very least keep the 3 Belts so weaker heads have a belt or SOMTHING to look forward to.. I mean face it most heads that are not up to par on thier punches will not even get close to battling, much less beating Sev.. & I'm saying that in all honesty.

I vote it stays..

test
  12. Extreme Venom

That doesn't even make any sense... you saying it like People that are Middle Weight Champ or Light weight champ would not be proud of thier belts or somthing or like they'd feel like less of a champ...

a Middle weight styled writer or a light weight classed writer will never get a belt in a 1 division league.. You For one have been in the RBL & have never really gotten into the top ten, right now your the Champion of a whole tier of fighters.. You think you can Beat Severity? Call him out & unify the Titles then..

THAT is gutta.. thats a match you CANNOT do in a normal league.. "Hey I beat alot of "people & i'm ranked #19 Can I have a Title shot now? But as a Middle weight champ - Vs - The Heavyweight champ

that not only CAN be considered & put together by a mod but look at the Excitment level of that Match! People would acctually be interested in seein it.

In the Old RBL the mere Suggestion of a #22 or #19 ranked emcee getting a title match would have been laughed at. & If t did happen all the votes would say "I don't even know why this match happened".

I don't care.. Do away with it.. it'll be dead by the summer unless your giving out money every other week....
    test
  13. Extreme Venom

^^^^Zactly.. thats whats needed..the divisions must flow in & out with people, not trapping the same emcees within them..
    test
  14. Extreme Venom

I Like that Idea...

test
  15. Ion Metatron

Ion Metatron I Punch Faces 4 Fun

WTF?????

If they do away with the division nigga you will NEVER see a title..

You might beat Raz & get a lightweight title..

You might even get the best of the the middle weight hitmen like Deth, Jai & Jack some day when they aren't feeling up to it

But in ONE division you will NEVER reach top 10 to battle hens, Bronze or Venom much less even SEE a title match against severity.

I don't see how you came to the one division choice.. shit would help you in no way at all..
    test
  16. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

Okay.

Thank you everyone for their thoughts.

For now, Going to keep the divisions, but with more flow of people moving up or down rather it be because of their record or because they lost a "drop weightclass" match

We will see how that works and if it goes smoothly and people battle different heads we will keep it, if it dosn't work out we will move to 1 class.

again, thanks all
    test
  17. Mista FREEZE 2001

Mista FREEZE 2001 Member

*FREEZE raising hands*

1st of all I agree 100% with VENNY... I LOVE THE DIVISIONS... Knowing how they work I HONESTLY WOULD HAVE SIGNED IN AS A LIGHTWEIGHT 2 get my sea legs back... I havent done text battling in over 2 years so I had just forgotten how...

I would throw punches that would kill in "REAL LIVE BATTLES" but dont have as much affect on the Boards...

For example if U told a guy live who had bug eyes...

U just a pest! A mosquito who flew in2 my FLYTRAP/
    Someone please tell this Nigga 2 give BERNIE MAC his eyes back...

PPL WOULD ROLL... WHY? Because the delivery and the moment... U dont have that option in TEXT.. It is purely the verse... U have 2 basically have the set up and punchline all in one bar and it has 2 LAND...

Now I can see why U say I lost 2 VENNY (Tho I still feel I WON... LOL) but I LOVED THAT VERSE... I THINK IT WAS THE BEST VERSE I DROPPED... but y'all beat it 2 shreds... I made some adjustments and I'LL BE DAMN NOT ONLY DID I WIN BUT Y'ALL SAID IT WAS MY BEST VERSE EVER AND I GOT A TITLE SHOT...

First of all it helped me see what works and it made my MATCH with JAI mean something...

To be honest I HONESTLY PLAN 2 WIN AND UNIFY THE TITLES... I LOVE THE THOUGHT...

I REALLY PLAN ON DEFENDING ALL BELTS AT ONCE... WOW! One guy 3 DIFFERENT OPPONENTS... WHERE ELSE CAN U DO THAT? Better yet where else would U get the chance...

Because of the divisions I have a chance 2 get a TITLE MATCH this week where according 2 your record rankings I would be NUMBER # 11... I WOULD HAVE NO CREDIBILITY DEMANDING A TITLE SHOT @ SEVERITY (who is ILL by the way) with my current status but as MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMP... HELL IT WOULD MEAN SOMETHING...

I LOVE THE DIVISIONS...

OH & @ ION... Hey Baby Boy U can't talk about the HEAVY HITTERS IN THE MW DIVISION AND NOT MENTION ME....

Check the RANKS... FREEZE IS THE NUMBER # 1 contender...

I WILL BEAT JAI.... I WILL UNIFY THE BELT WITH WHOEVER IS LW CHAMPION AND THEN I WILL BECOME THE FIRST UNDISPUTED CHAMPION IN RBL HISTORY....

This I COMMAND!!!

And I can only do that because there are DIVISIONS... RIOT U HAVE MADE THIS PLACE FUN, ORIGINAL AND EXCITING... Dont throw the BABY out with the BATH WATER....
    test
  18. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Ven, how did we get better? Ask yourslf. Especially on here. We battled better opponentz, weither win or lose.. it made us better. Prime example: Whn I 1st started, I was cocky and a horrible puncher, I ddnt even understand the conceptz of metaphorz and similiez for punchez, but I had crazy flow back n the day and I wasa storyteller. U know, I use to put tongue twisterz, short storiez, poemz and freestylez n the open mic. I was cocky, but took an experienced head to smack me dwn and show me I wasnt great and could do better. The dojoz not opened 1 division will help the lesser catz better thmslvz, so they can look beyond as the lesser and progress as equal. The RBL aint nver scared me away. I made the contendership 1 time against Alien and he beat the hell outa me. I was mad bcz I thought I was good enough. I read that shit back ystrday and thought I was garbage. Ive done nothng, but progress since thn. The lesser deserve a chance to better thmslvz. Thatz y therez cocky weakz niggaz, they dont kno no better.
    test
  19. i Philly

i Philly Vatican Assassin

test
  20. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

Jai, I disagree.

I feel people get more Discouraged when facing opponents they can never beat week in week out, I believe if you are faced with people with your skill set and skill level each week you gain confidence and your skill level increases.

I know the logic of facing people who are better who ultimately help you grow, which yes is true, for most things, But if I were to face..Hens, Sev, Venny every week Honestly I’d sign out, Look everyone can always improve but be honest not everyone will EVER be as good as some of those heads, so in turn it would feel like each week I’m just wasting my time and I won’t be able to accomplish anything.

I Understand This is a watered down league currently and some may feel that if you win the Lightweight title it’s nothing, I disagree, by giving some of these people who are not as good something to shoot for gives them hope and hope is motivation and motivation is how we grow.

I understand both parties (do away and keep the league) I think if we keep things flowing right with people moving up and down correctly I think it will improve things and help us grown and help everyone grow.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.