Laugh Factory Bans Damon Wayans

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by nyjohnyboy, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

And again, Slavery was not simply a crime committed by slave traders/holders, but also by those who were complicit in the matter (namely the US Government).
    test
  2. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

yes the government did not always outlaw slavery, but they didn't own slaves or force people to own slaves.

the us government did not profit from slavery. slavery did not help the us government at all.
    test
  3. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

The gov't did, however, make and enforce laws that made owning slaves much easier and many top politicians owned slaves.

Also, consider that the constitution made slavery all but legal by NOT mentioning slavery.

Oh, yeah, and I'm sorry about my incorrect spelling of marginalization, Rich.

I need a nap...
    test
  4. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

^ haha, i wasn't being a dickhead, i was honestly asking what it is - however its spelled. i still dont know.

look, i understand yal points of view.

but, can u understand mine? can u try, at least?

here, lemme break down my main points - try to feel me, even though i know you don't want to (that's okay), but just try to understand somebody else's point of view:

1. On the subject of reparations

a) they shouldn't be given, in part because of the free benefits TO those who were enslaved and their decendants, and also because slavery was a (immoral BUT) legal practice

b) if reparations are to be given, they shouldnt come from the government, rather the private families who used to own the slaves or the companies who profited from slavery

2. On the benefits of slavery to present day african americans

a) a.a.'s benefited because it got them out of africa. comparing the living standards between aa's, and black africans, clearly the aa's live better. and the reason they live better is because they are here, which wouldn't have happened without slavery

3. On the benefits of slavery to white americans and america

a) most of the economic advantages afforded to this country were wiped out by the stock market crash, and since we've had to rebuild without slavery

b) the only present day white americans with economic advantages due to slavery come from those whos ancestors owned, traded, sold, or exploited slaves directly or though their companies (i.e. slave insurance)
    test
  5. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

Actually yes they were. I'm not saying all, but there were whole villages that were burned down for the purpose of obtaining slaves.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.