Laugh Factory Bans Damon Wayans

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by nyjohnyboy, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

I find this hard to believe considering the fact that Black students have been steadily closing the academic gap since Brown v. The Board of Education.

Individual instructors aren't responsible for the architecture of that system.
    The government can absolutely help. With sound policy and a little concern.
    test
  2. Ixtlan

Again, until you've done enough research to effectively answer to all of the information I presented to you within my commentary...you, sir, are out of your element. Your myopic monologues offer little to this discussion and are rooted in nothing more than your short-sighted opinions.

I'm guessing because racism requires power and few of them were in positions of power even when considering their freedom.

Your arguments are failing you.
    Again, not one soul in this forum has identified themselves as a victim.
    That argument is piss-poor and the worst you could possibly come up with.
    Blacks have always succeeded despite the conditions.

The million dollar question is, should they have to?
    That is, should those conditions exist in the first place?

You cannot argue that those conditions do not exist.
    There is simply more data available than you could possibly answer to.
    You haven't bothered to dispute the thumbnails of information I've presented to you. Anything additional would cause your head to swell up and explode.

Thank God for small favors.
    God knows there are only a few examples of those who've succeeded in spite of. The numbers still pale in comparison to those (at large) who continue to struggle because of those conditions. Guess we should quit 'plainin long as some of us folk makes it to a higher tax bracket huh boss?

Poor misguided soul. You could fill a stadium with what you do not know.
    You are not eligible to continue on in this discussion.
    You, sir, have nothing to offer to the general discourse.
    test
  3. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Why are you still babbling? Yes. You've admitted to being a victim every single post you've made in this thread. How you'll now deny that is beyond me...

Small favors?... lol

Some black people work hard. They do this and stay away from hoop and rap dreams and actually focus. When they do so.... they have every bit of opportunity as anyone else.

It's funny... the only people that complain about racism holding their people down are the same people that are fucking highschool drop-outs due to being lazy fucks.

Go ask any black doctor, lawyer, politician...etc if he was handicapped on his way to success.

You just might be surprised.

But since YOU have done nothing, act like there's a huge machine keeping you under the water.... hell i'd do the same for myself if I could. Thing is....i can admit I'm responsible for my well being and as of now... i just haven't done enough.

Maybe I can blame my black boss. Hmmm....

Or my black college professors.... yeah. That's it.

Funny thing is... you go out of your way to sound educated, and you're the same dork that complains about how the racial monster puts a choke-hold on black's education. It sure hurt you, didn't it?
    test
  4. Ixtlan

I'm just talking above your head. Don't worry about it.
    Just keep the line moving.

Your debative prowess is rather unimpressive.
    You have shown zero capacity to address and process the information I've provided to substantiate my claims. Until you can do so, you're trespassing in this thread.

And here is where your slip starts showing.
    Drone on though... What credibility you have left is quickly evaporating.

You mean like former Harvard professor Cornel West?

Let's ask U.S. District Court Judge Thelton Henderson of the Northern District of California (a federal judge since 1980) who received death threats for speaking out against an anti-Affirmative Action proposition in 1996. Federal protection was granted at the request of a temporary restraining order.

I'm quite sure Al Sharpton in his exploits as an activist for decades would tell you that there has been virtually no struggle during his rise to prominence. [/sarcasm]

I seem to be outclassing you in this particular discussion...
    I'd venture to guess it's because I'm well educated.
    Sounds like progress to me.

When you're ready to provide us all with a bit more "meat and potatoes"...we'll revisit this discussion. Until that time...your position is stale and unfounded. The legacy of African Americans in this country has been and will always be succeeding in spite of conditions that are not conducive to success.

The fact that I'm educated intimidates you.
    You realize that in truth you're in no position to have this discussion with me.
    Somewhere along the line you thought you'd run into some average Negro who couldn't hold his own in a debate about race relations in this country. I'm sorry sir, but I'm your brick wall.

While I fully admit that there are people who can debate this topic intelligently...YOU are not one of them.

If you really think I'm "going out of my way" you've pronounced your intellectual inferiority and given us every reason to ignore the remainder of your commentary on this matter.

I'll humor you once more.
    Following your logic...
    Anyone living in an apartment, trailer, or 1-3 bedroom home can sleep comfortably knowing that because they have living quarters there is no issue with homelessness in America.

Sure thing ace.

Jon Kozol speaks rather eloquently about the problem with the American public education system concerning race. See if you can't dial up his Harper's Magazine article "Still Separate, Still Unequal".

Here's a dirty little secret... Kozol's White...
    *Snickering*

Here's an excerpt of that piece:
    Sound like anyone you know?
    test
  5. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Ethan, the fact remains that nobody achieves success in this country without a little help or breaks along the way. Sure, there's effort. Getting up in the morning, sending out resumes, and going to interviews should be all the effort one needs to find a job, right? Well, that's not always the case. The phrase "it's not what you know, but who you know" rings true in so many instances. Social Stratification 101. It is a myth that success is achieved by merit alone. If you can't admit that, then there is no need in having this discussion. White privilege presents a skewed perspective.
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

As for complaining?

Oppressed people have every right to complain. Complaint is the beginning of protest... and protest can be a catalyst for change. Just because one isn't willing to accept the status quo doesn't mean that there is no effort being made to circumvent such obstacles. That's precisely where your logic fails.
    test
  7. Ixtlan

We've come to the point where further discussion with EA is...well...silly.

He's really not qualified to discuss this matter.
    His short-sighted opinions have proven that fact.

Rather Cosby-esque.
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I really wish people would recognize their ignorance.
    test
  9. Ixtlan

It runs deep Iggy.

Deeper than even they understand sometimes...
    I'm with you though.
    test
  10. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

Exactly who comes to mind when I read his posts.
    test
  11. Ixtlan

I did a symposium about 6 months ago where I laid into Bill Cosby.
    Black folk need to stop applauding that man for his incessant ranting.
    He's a bitter old man.
    test
  12. Leila Night

Ok, I have to admit it. There are a few very intelligent people on RM.com, who aren't online just to bs.
    Bravo, I times 2.

For shame, Ethan Albright, for shame. Maybe we should start calling you "Ethan Aldim."
    test
  13. Ixtlan

Thank you kindly ma'am.

Someone has to tell it like it T-I-is.
    Me and Iggy always do so.
    test
  14. Leila Night

It's like you two are superheroes.

No problem is too small for *cue the sountrack* (insert cheesy secret identities).

Merry Xmas, Chanuka shalom, or joyous Kwanzaa, to you lovely gentlemen. ^_^
    test
  15. Ixtlan

My soundtrack would be 'Greatest American Hero' meets Dilla.
    That or the instrumental for Kweli's "Black Girl Pain".
    test
  16. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I get the feeling that your voice is sexy... kinda syrupy and sweet. Am I right or am I right?

I kid, I kid... don't punish me.

Ixt, Cosby shares the sentiment of many black people who have an inferiorty complex... so his opinions are definitely not alone. They're quite embarrassed and feel the need to apologize to "whitey" for those disenfrancised blacks who give the "race a bad name." That's a slave mentality and indicates that you're not really free if your identity is based on the definition and approval of others. It's also quite racist to buy into the notion that one person or group of people can damage the image or well-being or progress of an entire race of people. Further, it's myopic to deny or not realize the conditions that create such "embarrassing images." Black people's biggest problem is NOT image.

I'm off the soapbox for now because I can go on and on about this. Brahman and I had a little spat about this a couple of years ago. If he came back, I'd revisit it.

test
  17. Ixtlan

Which is why I have such sharp words for Cosby and those who stand in agreement with him.

Smooth move, Ex-Lax...
    Way to validate the skewed perspective of those members of White America that also happen to double as policymakers in this country. You've just given them license to enact more policies that do not represent the best interests of African-Americans.

"So they are shiftless? Thanks Bill!!!"

The most ironic bit about all of this is the fact that Coz dodged race questions for years during his come-uppance. Despite the fact that his breakthroughs in television were the product of a movement he refused to utilize his visibility to participate in. He always said he was "just a comic" when approached by journalists looking to get his perspective on race relations in America. Now all of a sudden you're an authority on the matter?

It's also funny considering the fact that he was a God awful student during his primary and secondary education days. Such criticisms should never come from a three-time tenth grader.
    test
  18. eternal_bliss54

eternal_bliss54 Mi$$ BLi$$

i don't know tha waynes brothers been around for a while and look at scary movie 1 and 2 they did there thing. i mean it made me laff...and then don't quit and that just got ridiculious. so i say they know how to give a good laff. However I did think that little man was stupid it was just dumb...lol
    test
  19. Flow Da HoloGraff

Flow Da HoloGraff Fuck Up!

i'm gonna add my two cents in on the subject and step aside
    because it doesnt seem like this is as much a discussion as it is people offering their opinions anyways
    on june 19th 1865 texas slaves were notified of their freedom, two years after the emancipation proclimation was enacted
    most of these slaves, with little to minimal education found themselves suddenly displaced
    the promises of reparations (40 acres and a mule) never showed and a majority of them ended up working on the same plantations that they had been enslaved in
    this story has a slight relevance to me, because of that the date of this event would place my grandmothers grandmother as a slave
    the child she would have, my great grandmother regina hale was born into a what amounts to endentured servitude
    over time she worked her way "up" and managed some land and a family to which my grandmother and her sisters worked on
    my grandmother picked cotton in her younger days and they sold it, eventually time passed ... jim crow law passed and blacks "moved up" even more
    there are stories of those that have/had become doctors but the opportunities really werent available to them
    because of the conditions my grandmother was raised in and the circumstances, she wasnt afford more than a working education, she can read, write has common sense, but not much more
    what she has been able to pass down is a worth ethic
    the birth of my father came when there was still segregation in the south, and my dad has worked hard his whole life to make himself better as a person
    but the opportunities available to him when he was younger werent ones that could be risen above
    if you didnt do sports, have wealth, or know somebody that could help you out, you were only gonna get as far as your hard work takes you
    most dont live up to the cirumstances, some do, and others excel
    what i'm getting around to mainly is that i'm 23 about to turn 24 in a bit
    and since slavery, i'm the first generation of my family that has had a real opportunity to achieve the goals and aspirations that a lot of people feel are common place
    i have benefited from hard work on my part, and by those that came before me, and while slavery is a dead
    the effects linger to this day and that's something people should accept rather than speak on things without proper education on the situation

meanwhile, in may i'll graduate with my B.S. in industrial engineering
    and start a trend for the generations after me
    the atrocities that came from people long before us do affect today, and that's no excuse to acknowledge that
    to ignore it will only lead to stunt the change
    that's all i got to say
    test
  20. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

LMFAO @ the fact that i know black people in all those positions plus more and they've ALL told me that me being black would be a disadvantage in every one of their professions. And these are some of the most hardworking people on the face of this planet. No they're not calling themselves victims, NO they're not looking for handouts, they're just warning me of the obstacles that i have to face to succeed.

I can't even tell you how many studies were done with various companies and how they look at resumes. The results were shocking to show how much less black names with the same qualifications were chosen than white sounding names. And this statistic has been true up to this very day.

Like someone said if they were going to give out reperations (which i'm in no way looking for) the only way it should be done is by giving money to schools because money and education are the ultimate powers in this country.

And LMFAO more @ racism being a dying issue. Racism isn't dying, it isn't going anywhere, it's just being concealed more n more. There are places down south in my own state (NJ) that make me feel uncomfortable because white people look at me funny. And no i don't dress with ultra baggy pants hanging off my ass...i dress GQ.

Don't be ignorant
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.