Laugh Factory Bans Damon Wayans

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by nyjohnyboy, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

I'm in no way supporting the cause of reparations, but personally I think if they were paid out everyone who was victimized and profited off of should be in line.
    test
  2. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Nobody said it's all clear. There are still small cases of the shit floating around. School systems being the main one, even though...anyone could counter that by saying a black man could be less qualified than a white man and get into college over him due to his skin color.... but nobody ever looks at that side of it.

While there are still obstacles, there are many....many...privileges that the black race has over others.

Racism is a dying subject. I know... you'd never want to admit that. Many black people want racism to stay around so they have an excuse...a crutch as to why they've failed rather than looking in the mirror.

ah...what will we bitch about when every nit-picked example of racism is gone?.... hard times are ahead!
    test
  3. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

My family came after slavery was ended. Why the fuck should my tax dollars go to help people that I didn't hurt?
    test
  4. Ixtlan

I'll take this as a sign that you're still not paying attention.
    When restrictive covenants are still staving off minorities from having access to fair housing practices in 2006 (in a metropolitan area of over 2,000,000 people) that's every indication that there are more than just a few isolated incidences of racism in this country.

I've been waiting for you to play the affirmative action card.
    The irony here is the fact that AA has been much more beneficial to White women than anyone else. I've not heard any complaints relative to that fact though. I wonder why?

Care to elaborate?

Right, because there's something to be gained from being a conspiracy theorist in a country that's as tolerant as the United States of America. There are only a few of you running around. Everyone else commends us for telling the truth. [/sarcasm]

You're simply regurgitating the tired old rhetoric of everyone else who claims that racism is a thing of the past. You don't really have any life experience or data to substantiate those claims.

Until you can answer to why there are restrictive covenants that keep Blacks out of certain neighborhoods (in 2006)...

Until you can answer to why there are still disparities in lending practices by most financial institutions between minorities and non-minorities (in 2006)...

Until you can answer to the disproportionate number of African American males within the criminal justice system (in 2006)...

Until you can answer to the disproportionate number of African American judges in Alabama's appellate courts -- when contrasted with the number of Blacks who populate that state (in 2006)...

Until you explain the Nielsen Ratings sham which is still choking off the access of minorities to major networks (in 2006)...

Until you can explain the disenfranchisement of African American voters within our beloved country's political constructs (in 2006)...

AND, until you can acknowledge the fact that institutionalized racism dies harder than individualized racism...you are still...in the dark.

We won't, but that day hasn't come.
    Thank your lucky stars that you can close your eyes and pretend it isn't there without ever having to bump into it in the dark.
    test
  5. Ixtlan

Who's advocating that they should?
    Your tax dollars go toward the funding of a much maligned group of law enforcement officials in your home state.
    Does that bother you?

We're not looking for a handout.
    We know full well if we were that day would never come anyway.

A great place to start would be to acknowledge the truth about racism in this country though. That's good enough for me...to begin with.
    test
  6. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

In Ethan Albright, color-blind racism lives to fight another day.

Good stuff, Ixtlan.
    test
  7. Ixtlan

Thanks Leila.
    test
  8. Leila Night

You're welcome, Ix. ^_^
    I just don't understand white people who cannot admit to the reality of white privilege. I guess that's why the system works so well.
    test
  9. Ixtlan

I don't so much mind those who simply are oblivious to the harsh realities of minorities in this country...until they start speaking about that which they do not know. That...pisses me off.

I understand it's difficult to really identify with our struggles if you aren't exposed to the same conditions, but since you aren't perhaps you should be a bit slower to speak.
    test
  10. Leila Night

I agree. If you do not have the experience, it is impossible to fully understand, ever.

Ignorance is not a very good excuse, however. Not for long, anyways.
    test
  11. Ixtlan

True indeed.

Close your mouth and listen to the experiences of those who live it daily.
    test
  12. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

You don't necessarily have to have the experience, just the knowledge.

A lot of these "angry white males" (and females) have neither.

And then they wanna talk about affirmative action (even though blacks hardly benefit from it) when the majority of this country's wealth was created through affirmative action. What do you think the notions of "legacy" and "nepotism" are?

George W. H. Bush is in the position he is today because of affirmative action. How else does a C-student make it to Yale and catapult his way through the political ranks? By being the child of someone who is already a Yale alum and a member of the political power elite.

White billionaires build companies and institutions from the centuries old profits of slave labor, then they teach and train their children to run their empires or leave them legacies.

Nobody has benefitted more from affirmative action than whites.
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Leila darling, how come I don't see you anymore in LD or the 'Spec, honey?

I like buttin' heads with you... Ixtlan is no fun... he has no breasts.
    test
  14. Ixtlan

I tend to agree, but some of them (bless their hearts) don't know any better.
    test
  15. Ixtlan

Put it back in yer pants...
    Sheesh.
    test
  16. Leila Night

Iggy, wtf? My anatomy should never be discussed.
    At least I have Ix sticking up for me. Thank you kindly, sir.
    I do not post as much as I used to because I realized that nothing I say has any weight. I do NOT want to become a female Wigger whatshisface.

I hate when people talk about AA as if white (and rich people in general) do not get more gov't aid than any other group. People pretend that a level playing field actually exists, when rationally-speaking there is no such thing.
    test
  17. yo momma 5th

yo momma 5th New Member

I'm assuming you're talking about insitutional racism within the curriculum, because inner city schools fail inner city children. That's how it works globally and that will never change. Race, sex, religion and gender are still discriminated against, but money matters more.

All I can see is the attitude to academic success. It's demonised and seen as something only white people do. You could argue that it's been 'programmed' into black people that academic success is a reward reserved for white people (enter arguement for a black leader) but that still leaves a heavy burden on black people to change that perception. Given the lack of effort and the power of the media, which is destroying the underclass youth, reguardless of race, that's a 'Palistine' of a problem.

Surely teachers in 'black' schools aren't 'unconciously' racist? With that, I fail to see how the government can help. It needs to come from within the community.
    test
  18. Leila Night

Read Jonathan Kozol's Savage Inequalities, 5th.
    test
  19. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I'm only kidding... cool out... I care more about your "brains."
    test
  20. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Man, this is adorable.

You can't be helped if you constantly think you're the victim no matter what.

I do have to ask though - What about those black slave owners? Why didn't they build any empire?....

It doesn't matter. You guys have been brainwashed to the point that you're poor and worthless nomatter what. You eat from their hands (yes, the white system with the racist powers).... They tell you you're shit and you'll always be shit. And you buy it.

As this thread shows.

Luckily some black folks got from under that. They take action and they succeed. Because that's all it takes... is effort.

You'll never understand that, because you'll never try. Making excuses for yourselves is far easier.

So carry-on... you poor handicapped children of hardships. : ( : (
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.