"Lady In The Water" (2006)

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by JurahzTRUTH, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JurahzTRUTH

JurahzTRUTH somethin' to vibe to . .

shyamalan has officially lost it. go back to whatever mindset you were in when you made "The Sixth Sense" "Unbreakable" and "Signs" . . cuz this "Village/Lady In Water" logic is not working.
    test
  2. ClevlandSteamer

ClevlandSteamer New Member

So it sucked then? Did it have a twist ending
    test
  3. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

I think it completely works as a work of art and the "bedtime story" that it's billed as is original
    I think it falls short as a work of pop cinema/entertainment

there is no twist ending, although most people seem to think signs had a twist ending when it really doesn't.

Adjust your expectations accordingly
    test
  4. JurahzTRUTH

i'm am a die hard shyamalan fan . . i tried to defend the The Village after the masses shot it down. but jus because this film is meant to be "a bedtime story" shyamalan thinks he can get away with having corny, underdeveloped characters (many of which could have been interestingly examined throughout the film - ie. what happened to heep's family and why his stuttering matters/stopped when he was around Story), cheap scare tactics (nothing even comes close to the eerieness and the chilling scenes from The Sixth Sense and Signs), and thoroughly distracting from the film's key supporting role by putting himself front and center as the inspiration for mankinds future savior. not to mention creating an entire character for the sole purpose of a pre-emptive strike against movie critics who will call the movie out for the unfocused tale that it is.

my expectations were set perfectly. shyamalan said there was no twist, so i expected none. i know that The Village was marketed as a horror film, and people expected it to be so and were disappointed. so i did not let the hype bias my judgment. but this film was not good. and i am a very forgiving moviegoer. ESPECIALLY when it comes to Night.

Signs raised the bar and he has not been able to reach it since.
    test
  5. Psycho69

Psycho69 A Soul Born In Verse

How so?

That movie was horrible.
    test
  6. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

lol i know^

he should have stopped after the sixth sense.
    test
  7. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

i remember when the jeus and i used to go back and forth over the quality of signs lol

i too think it's horrible
    test
  8. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

i think 30/40/50 years from now this movie will be considered his 2nd best among his first 5 major films [not counting wide awake] behind signs. even though I think it's a fine film, I think the sixth sense is going to depreciate greatly over time.

discuss
    test
  9. JurahzTRUTH

haha, maybe. but the sixth sense ALREADY HAS depreciated.. you can't watch that movie more than twice. once to see it, and the second time to catch all the little hints that he's dead. that's it. then you're done with it.

and Signs is jus a split. Some people love it and call it one of their favorite movies and the other people say it's fucking terrible. there's no way to convince either side to change their views.
    test
  10. Krighst

Krighst ,//,';./';.//''./';''/.;

Signs was great...come on. If you're going to analyze a film, Sixth Sense was no fucking prize either. But this latest one looks terrible...
    test
  11. SadistiK1

SadistiK1 Washingtonian

Signs is fucking terrible and an insult to the viewers intelliegence
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

jesus christ this thread is amazing funny.

But how about more reviews? just say GOOD or BAD.

don't ruin it.
    test
  13. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

I think "Unbreakable" was his best movie, honestly...
    test
  14. JurahzTRUTH

for me it goes.

1. Signs
    2. Unbreakable
    3. The Sixth Sense
    4. The Village
    5. Lady In The Water
    test
  15. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

i thought unbreakable was horrible.

the sixth sense was good. signs was okay.

everything else complete crap.
    test
  16. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

spoken like an A+ student of film

hahahahaha @ this pic

[​IMG]

"swing away, merrill!"

the thing with shyamalan is that while he's good at coming up with creative concepts and has filmmaking talent (excellent craftsmen of tension-filled scenes) his screenwriting is terrible and in desperate need of outsourcing. based on the impression i got of his mindstate from a couple interviews i've seen/heard him do, i doubt he will ever consider it for two reasons:

(1) he's in love with his indie roots where he took on so many different roles (directing, producing, writing, acting, etc.)

(2) he thinks he's a tortured artist with "a transcendent vision and challenging messages"... whatever negative criticism he receives, he'll continue doing what drew it, because he interprets it as the critic "not getting it". did you know he even said that critics have been "after him" ever since the sixth sense dropped? wtf? dude is so full of himself it's nauseating.
    test
  17. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

lmfao@that image.

you know a film is a piece of shit, when a crudely drawn picture with speech bubbles can successfully annihilate it(err even more so than it had been on it's own.)
    test
  18. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

You have no idea, whatsoever, how hard, and for how long, I just laughed at that picture. I seriously sounded insane.

That shit was hilarious
    test
  19. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I have to agree ^
    test
  20. JurahzTRUTH

haha, i liked Signs and still found that pretty funny.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.