Ladies: would you be offended by...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by tight-eyes, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

everyone knows that a diamond is expected unless otherwise noted in an engagement. So if he just let me think that it was a diamond when it wasnt (although i know how to at the color, clarity, and carat of the ring and tell that it's not a diamond...that's beside that point)...I would be more pissed that he even tried to be slick and lie. If we're still lying over ish like that, we dun even need to get married.

outside of all that, i would rather he wait until we can have the marriage of both of our dreams...i don't want to compromise my wedding...that's the one thing i've been looking forward to since i was a kid lol
    test
  2. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Really? Cuz I've been married 6.5yrs. My ring is very low value. But my marriage is rich. So this proves to be false :eek:)

I think if he LIED about the ring. Yes I'd be pissed. But as I said above. The ring isn't what means more to me. It's the life I'll have with the man I love. Hell, I'm not that picky when it comes to diamonds/jewllery so even if he gave me a bubble come machine ring, I'd still be happy :eek:)
    test
  3. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

lmfao @ a zirconium engagement ring

i would never do that, that is such a diss
    test
  4. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

Sometimes I feel like the only girl on earth that hasn't been dreaming of her wedding day since childhood..Thats what I get for being a tomboy in my younger days, huh?
    test
  5. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

^^Nope, add me to the list. I never even wanted to get married ever until I met my man. And now while I do want to marry him, the whole wedding planning process, although it's had it's moments where I've enjoyed it, generally makes me want to poke out my eyeballs with sticks.
    test
  6. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

thats what i do..well now its burned dvds
    test
  7. XxPuReInnOcEncexX

XxPuReInnOcEncexX New Member

^^ exactly what she said.
    test
  8. 81sweetness

81sweetness brunette's do it best!

Very rare case.

For all we know, your man probably can't afford a diamond ring so having a zircon pleases you both.

To me, A diamond says He means business. A zircon means he'll leave me when he gets ready and won't even try to get the ring back....LOL

Any guy that's wants a real woman needs to get some money on his side. It's easy to buy a zircon but say "but I love you more than any diamond"...hahaha..get a life broke a$$.
    test
  9. Ernest THE CAT Miller

Ernest THE CAT Miller New Member

I dub thee mustard. You spread for bread.
    test
  10. misspimp

misspimp a.k.a KATURAH

I wouldnt give a damn either way....and i defienetly wouldnt give a damn about somebody else telling me its fake....thas what people do anyway way look for any flaw to bring ya ass down anyway....and if i took it to an appraiser and they were like it was fake id probably laugh about that shit...and go home to him and laugh about it too....cause it aint shit but a ring.....it doesnt symbolize, love, happiness, or the fact that ull be together for forever....it means absolutely nothing...and jus cuz he dont tell me that it aint a real diamond doesnt mean that he was lying or trying to pass it off as real either....it just means that i aint got to know everything......so like i said i wouldnt give a damn a ring is a ring all day....regardless of price or value

mad love
    test
  11. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

a wedding ring should be the value of TWO months of the man's INCOME..........

so if thats all the nigga can afford, then hey.....
    test
  12. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

im coppin my first fiance, a 25 cent ring.

see how much she loves me... and after the wedding, ill give her the real ring.
    test
  13. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

smut status right here.
    test
  14. GunzNButta

GunzNButta New Member

lmfaooo
    test
  15. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

I wish a muthafucka would! That's a fucking joke right there... I would seriously be insulted. Why even get a ring if that's the case..? And why even propose to a woman you have to test and play games with like that..? Shouldn't you know her character before proposing to her..?

and lol @ "first" fiancee... how many you plan on having..?
    test
  16. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

I don't know about a smut, but she (and the jury is still out whether or not this poster really is a "she") is definitely delusional. Women w/"fat rocks" get fucked over every day (Ivana Trump, anyone..?). Those who can afford lavish engagement rings aren't necessarily any more serious about the marriage than those who can't.
    test
  17. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Yea she's completely status struck with that one. I would never consider buyin a girl a cubic for any reason (even though they look the same from a distance to me), and I could see why a girl would be pissed at her dude for buyin her one. But I feel that females usually want the bigger rings just to floss to their friends and to the world, and they are brainwashed into thinkin that it is sooooo important in our society when it really doesn't mean shit. Any idiot who thinks the size of a ring symbolizes how much a man loves them needs to get talked by a NFL linebacker and brought back to reality.
    test
  18. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

lmao.

People change overnight.

honestly, I wouldn't cop her no super ring. Ever.

If you sayin' I won't accept a proposal cuz the rings not expensive enough or not a real diamond(cuz the dude couldn't afford it), its basically saying.. what a prostitute would say..

"Im not fuckin you cuz you don't have enough money"

Puttin a price on yourself.. instead of considering the thought.

So chicks that get offended by the size of a ring or some shit, are porisitutes to me.(if he tried, he tried) You know what that ring represents. The spiritual meaning, the morals behind him giving you that ring. People ingnore that, and look at the price...Some people are just too caught up in impressing others.

Back to topic.

But I feel ya pain tho, abotu the diamond thing.. if the dude said it beforehand, u wouldnt be mad, but the nigga played it off like it was really real.
    test
  19. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

how about a bag of onion rings? the expensive ones

not the cheap store brand but some fuckin ore rida ones in the resealable bag
    test
  20. p. haze

p. haze slap boxed with jesus

You never know though, there's a possibly that dude got hustled into thinking the shit was a real diamond. [dunno]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.