Ladies: What did you wear at job interview?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by WWByeye, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWByeye

WWByeye former White widow

Thanks for answers. I think Liquid was right about heels, cuz I would have walked more comfortable with them and feel more comfortable and made thatwise better impression. The dude was in suit and told me him had hundreds of interviews so let`s see what happens next week. I have a feeling if him had had been sure him wants me, him would have said it right away...but him seemed decent enough to phone me anyway even I didn`t get the job...
    test
  2. straight_evil

straight_evil Mrs. Sole

If you were comfortable in the heels then why didn't you wear them. The flats or basic dress shoes were in case you were an awkward fool like me that can't walk in heels.
    test
  3. liquid`acid

liquid`acid gods busy can I help you?

i wasn't saying go with heels, just not flats

unless the person doing the hiring is in their early 20's it makes for a really bad impression.. even then it's still not a good look as someone doing the hiring will most likely have a more traditionally professional mindset about attire.

girls wearing flats to a job interview is roughly the same as a guy wearing converse to a job interview and i think we can all agree that's a big no no
    test
  4. straight_evil

straight_evil Mrs. Sole

I misspoke. I meant flats like flat shoes.. dress shoe types. I don't think I've ever seen anyone apply for a job in the flats that look like slippers.
    test
  5. LeopardSpots

LeopardSpots New Member

hooker heels and smoking a cigar tbh.
    test
  6. WWByeye

That`s what I meant too...I love hooker heels but didn`t think about them. And I smoked a cigarette b4, but if it`s not me, it wasn`t about clothing...like I said, only 20 per cent graphics ppl have a job here. Them are mostly men
    Anyway, thanks 4 supp
    test
  7. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

how can you EXPECT to be SICK
    test
  8. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

showing up to interviews in checked nike kicks
    test
  9. WWByeye

Lol that was my first interview...and u think I told to interviewer what I told 2 doc.
    Docs ain`t Gods btw. And don`t knock me down just yet, 2 more days left
    nice rhymes btw
    test
  10. liquid`acid

liquid`acid gods busy can I help you?

oohh ok, i gotcha

i have seen some crazy outfits people think are ok for job interviews.. even when we first started doing client interviews for our huge final project in school some people wore some shameful stuff (we were told to suit up)
    test
  11. WWByeye

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII GOOOOOTTTTT THE JOOOOOOB :) :) :)
    #reps everyone answering to thread#
    test
  12. straight_evil

straight_evil Mrs. Sole

test
  13. WWByeye

And that was my first interview, and I repeat only 20 per cent have work here, and I dressed up completely by your advice. I love u sweetie!!!
    test
  14. glamdiva901

glamdiva901 New Member

My husband is only 5'7" and before me, he only dated TALL girls and LOVED them in heels! 8)
    test
  15. glamdiva901

glamdiva901 New Member

SO agree with you on this one! You don't want flats, but you don't want 4" heels either (might come off as slutty, high maintenance or diva). A good 1" to 2" heel should be good. 8)
    test
  16. WWByeye

Hmmm the guy hiring was on his early 20`s. Him just posted like me, like being at early 50`s...anyway I was hired w flats, ballerinas (and him interviewed hundreds).
    It wasn`t bout dress code him said, but my portfolio. But as most of my friends are graphics artists themself, and only 1/5 gets hired, I rather asked the advice here where was no reason 4 jealousy/competition (as the company is here). So I`m really gratefull of your supp & advice & won`t leave the forum as soon I got job :)
    test
  17. WinterFalls

WinterFalls New Member

Congrats !!!!:D
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.