Ladies, how good-looking must a guy be...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Ignorant, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

^ what specific question do you feel was left unanswered?
    test
  2. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

So if Morris Chestnut was a dork and kept his foot-in-his-mouth, you wouldn't give him any action?
    test
  3. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

If I'm looking for a relationship, nope but If I'm looking for a one night stand or just someone to fuck around with for a little while, then why not.

I think most of us are thinking long term tho and you don't want to be with someone who you can't relate to on a long term basis.

Just for the record...if Morris Chestnut came into my bedroom tonight, I'd kick Husband out the bed LOL j/p...man is fine tho aint he...
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^Maybe I should've qualified that from the beginning... everybody came in here with their marriage expectations.
    test
  5. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

None really. But I just think all the women who responded are kind of making the question too easy. It's like Ig asking me if I would date a chick who was jealous and me saying not if she was Lorena Bobit jealous. There are obviously going to be different levels of jealousy between none and Lorena Bobit. That's why I said the therad would be pretty boring unless we find a way to quantify those social skills.

I think this would be more interesting say if it were what things annoy you the most. Like a pet peeve. And then saying your dream man physically had that as one of his worst habits.
    test
  6. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

Thats the different btwn men and women I guess. When you say "your guy" then we assume its an actuall relationship.

If we are just talking sex, then looks are everything...however, there are certain things many women need in the sack, and after, that I am sure would be more of an issue that his conversation skills. Most women like to cuddle and shit like that etc.
    test
  7. tight-eyes

As long as that foot in his mouth prevented him from ever speaking, we'd be cool. He's fine as shit... he'd make a nice piece of arm candy... I'd be the [wo]man!
    test
  8. tight-eyes

Ok, I understand what you're saying and I totally agree with you about needing to quantify the social skills we're refering to. I knew my response wasn't clear when I wrote it... so let me try clarify a lil and put it in more concrete terms b/c my definition of "corny" might be a lil different than others'.

Here's the best definition that I could find:

Corny: Trying too hard, unsubtle, and inauthentic. Specifically that which is unsubtle or inauthentic in its way of trying to elicit a certain response from a viewer, listener, audience, etc.

ex: Gold chains on an exposed hairy chest are cheesy because they shout out: "I have money and I am manly" instead of impressing a woman in a more subtle way, or allowing a woman to form her own judgments. The excessive showing off suggests he's compensating for what he does not have--i.e., he's actually poor, insecure, or short with an inferiority complex.

When I think of a guy that's "corny" I think of him trying to be cool, funny or suave, but coming off really lame and cliche'. You know... the guy that tries too hard to be funny or to get girls to like him... using cheesy lines he picked up from some cornball movie... but ends up sounding insincere, like he just doesn't know how to relax and be himself.

The guy who every time I'm trying to have a normal conversation with him he replies with some off-the-wall shit...

me: "alright, so when did you want to hook up?"
    him: "anytime is the right time, as long as I get to see you baby girl"
    me: *chuckling* "you're so silly. no, but seriously..."
    him: "the only thing I'm serious about is looking into those beautiful brown eyes of yours"
    me: *nervous laugh* "yeah, you're buggin. so anyway, how about saturday? my girl told me about this spot over on Bancroft that serves some bomb ass quiche. you like quiche?"
    him: "what I like stands about 5'4" and needs to be having my baby"
    me: *frustrated sigh* "n*gga do you like quiche or not?"
    him: "I like you"
    me: "you know what... I just remembered I had something to do right now. I'mma hit you back... I gotta run"
    him: "your feet must be tired, cause you've been running through my mind all..." **click**

Yeah... that guy. That's what I'm talking about... I can't fuck with that. I have talked to guys where every other word outta their mouth sounded like it came straight outta some old school chick flick... I just wanted to say "STFU and talk to me like a normal person, already". I know that when the guys in movies say that kinda stuff the girls clothes fall off and they go riding into the sunset... but in real life, it's corny and annoying... especially if he talks like that ALL the time.

I mean I can see if it happens every once in a while... we're human and I truely do sympathize with what men go through when courting women and trying to find their way "in". But if that's the way he communicates on a regular basis? No thanks. Can't do it. I don't give a damn how fine he is. I'd probably end up stabbing him or cursing him out before too long.

Did that clear it up a bit? lol
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Wow... those are some dope ass lines... I need to remember those

*takes notes*
    test
  10. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

LOL, yeah I've met a few like that. A guy like that don't make it out the door much less into my bed.

LOL @ n*gga do you like quiche or not?
    test
  11. Gorilla Nasty

You're married so I would hope no guys are making it anywhere except your husband.

But if not, "I'd love to know how much of you is sugar and how much is spice" [teet]
    test
  12. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

[nonono] I don't cheat...he'd have to be someone real special for me to jump.
    test
  13. Gorilla Nasty

[pus]So then in that case what would you be doing?

Speaking of that, Sweet I have a question for you and any other married chick (Nanijah, I'm looking in your direction). Say for instance, your dream celebrity was suddenly available to you for one night and your husband gave you a "free pass". Would you be able to bring yourself to doing it? Seriously. And do you think you would feel guilty? Hypothetically speaking of course [teet]
    test
  14. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

Yes I would
    No I wouldn't feel guilty

Husband and I already had this talk BTW and we both get a free pass if it ever comes up LOL not that it ever would.
    test
  15. Gorilla Nasty

But do you suppose that actually being placed in that situation might be different?

Like on the beginning of Saw 2, I was telling everybody "hell yeah I would cut my eye out". But that was also easy to say from where I was sitting.

:frown: Where's the loyalty sweet?

Just some food for thought.
    test
  16. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

Loyalty shmoyalty LOL j/k

Hey, if Selma Hyack comes to town Husband can bang her if he wants (and he does want). I dream about certain celebrities all the time, and he knows that (not saying who).

idk, maybe I spoke too soon...like you said, I'm not in that situation. At this very second in time tho, I'm not happy with Husband. We been fighting for a few days, so maybe thats shading my judgement.

It also depends on how that "free pass" is given. I mean, I'd know if Husband was serious or just saying what I wanted to hear...like, we've had the conversation re: a threesome, but I could tell he wouldn't be all in. So its a no go until he is.

Ok, but the odds of this happening are pretty slim
    test
  17. tight-eyes

You're sexy... you might get away with it if a chick just wanted to screw you for a while. But for the long haul? Hell to the naw... act like you have some damn sense. I know first-hand that you can carry a conversation better than that.
    test
  18. tight-eyes

How do you even respond to the crap. Usually it's just dead silence for a while.. or some uncomfortable, nervous laughter. Its weird.

Seriously, who talks like that???
    test
  19. tight-eyes

I ain't married, but I can say this without a shadow of a doubt: if my dream dude came through, my s/o would just have to understand... I'm fuckin!
    test
  20. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Why thank you? Have you ever heard that song, "2nd Childhood" by Nas? I feel like I'm going through that... I wanna be single again... wifey be trippin'! Plus, if it don't work out and I do go back on the market and get married again, I wanna swing... I don't know... I think I wanna hit bottom like Tyler Durden in "Fight Club"... I'm just so off the chain right now... I can't explain it... I need to see a psychiatrist.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.