Ladies, how good-looking must a guy be...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Ignorant, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

...before his corniness or foot-in-the-mouth tendency becomes a non-issue? Say, at least an 8 on a 10 scale?

For those that care, why is it so important for a guy to be adept at conversation and wit and social skills anyway? Aren't guys who say weird things at the very least, honest? I thought honesty was important?
    test
  2. Sex Cells

Sex Cells Obsessive Fixation "WORD"

I have to be able to hold a civilized intellectual conversation with a guy.
    If you can't keep me mentally intrested then I'm not even worried about how cute, sexy, fine you are.
    The looks eventually will be gone.
    The mind is forever.
    test
  3. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^You think so? What about Alzheimer's, dementia, depression, etc.? I don't know if the mind is forever... and if the physical beauty is natural, then it can be long-lasting.

I like intellectual conversations, too, but there's nothing wrong with being silly every once and a while...
    test
  4. Sex Cells

I'm not saying be serious all the time.
    I'd shoot myself =/
    I'm hella goofy at times. . . but I can be serious also.
    They guy has to be like that.
    He has to keep me intrested mentally is what I'm saying.
    Cause the looks get old.
    test
  5. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I feel you... I don't rate intelligence as high as I used to... too often, people who know that they are intelligent are pretentious and arrogant... I'd prefer to be with a humble, inquisitive mind than a conversation hog, know-it-all... and besides, knowledge is fleeting... I like a sweet spirit more than anything, even if she isn't always socially adept... as long as she's honest.
    test
  6. Sex Cells

WOW
    honesty is a trait so hard to find.
    =/
    That's sad but true.
    test
  7. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Reminds me of a Billy Joel song... "Honesty"

"I can always find someone to say they sympathize/ if I wear my heart out on my sleeve/ but I don't want some pretty face to tell me pretty lies/ all I want is someone to belieeeeeeve..../ honnnnnesty is such a lonely worrrrdd/ everyone is sooo untruuuueee/ honnnnesty is hardly ever heard/ mostly what I need from youuuu"
    test
  8. Sex Cells

That's WORD.
    Seriousness in those words.
    test
  9. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

For me it more about having things in common, especially political views. I am a news junkie and I am pretty vocal re: my political ideas/ideals and if a guy doesn't agree with me then it would just lead to fighting. Although, my husband and I don't agree on all issues and we respect eachothers view no matter how ignorant he is on certain issues ;-). I just think it would get really tireing to have have to debat everything with him.

It isn't just looks, its the whole package. I don't care how good looking you are if your personality isn't attractive to me then neither will you be. Goes the other way around too. Husband isn't really what I would have gone for b4 but his personality won me over. When I first met him, I picked him apart in my mind but by the end of the evening I knew I wanted to see him again.
    test
  10. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

Ugh I don't care how flawless a guy looks, if his personality bothers me, or he isn't intelligent, he doesn't have a chance
    test
  11. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

lol@ talking politics with a woman...i swear i will never bring this one up, ever. i ve never met a woman who would agree wih my views anyway..it would only stir up shit.
    test
  12. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

I'm not really a "looks" kinda person. I mean, if he has looks, that's just a bonus ;o) I like personality, I like the wittiness. So I'd probably not even care if he wasn't all conservitive when time called for it. As long as he wasn't over board. Best of all I love humour. I love to laugh and be sarc-astic when time calls for it.
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Okay, if all of you feel this way about conversation and intelligence or wit, then why do corny "pretty boys" still get play?

So if Brad Pitt or Ryan Phillipe or Nelly or Ginuwine or whoever you ladies find attractive talked like a dork and said things that make you go "uhh," you would still talk to him or go out with him? Assuming you all are single... not talking marriage or husband material.
    test
  14. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Well, no. If they were really stupid and couldn't at least hold a decent coversation at one time or another that I could understand. No matter how good looking they are. I don't know if I could be with them.

I need a bit of seriousness. Even tho it's not top on my list. I still need it some where in there lol.
    test
  15. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Ignorant, you need to establish some sort of baseline on personality to make this shit juicy.
    test
  16. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I mean, just quirky, you know... everybody's concept of stupidity or oddity is different, I guess... but I guess the best way to describe it is someone who says just about anything that comes to their mind and doesn't censor it, like "normal" people do... some people find that intriguing and brave... others find it weird and are turned off by it.... somebody who just doesn't follow social conventions or is politically incorrect.
    test
  17. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

Brad Pitt is a dork LOL

The type of guy I go for, isn't usually the pretty boy anyway.
    test
  18. Gorilla Nasty

What I was saying is that nobody, at least that I know of can be 100% annoying all of the time. Usually people are different around say family and friends although people don't like to admit it. People are especially different say at home as opposed to everywhere else. People are different around say 100 people than they would be around one, especially if they're comfotable with that one person. It's natural, and everybody does it to some extent.

Or even more simplified, if you're around somebody enough, you're going to find something in common, or something you like, or something you can agree on, etc. Most people that I know that are annoying are only that way around people. But if you talkd to them completely alone, they ain't that bad.
    test
  19. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

I appreciate a fine ass man just as much as the next women, but no amount of "cute"/"sexy" can make up for a dude that sounds like nails grating on a chalk board every time he opens his mouth. I'm a cornball myself, so I appreciate a man who I can be silly with... one who doesn't take himself too seriously or try to act all tough/suave all the time... but complete lack of social skills? Nah... that's a serious turn-off, too.
    test
  20. Gorilla Nasty

See this is what I'm trying to get at. Nobody can have a complete lack of social skills (to my knowledge). Basically, all of the women IMO are making the question too easy and dare I say dodging it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.