Ladies...How do you NOT look for love??

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by MISSKEYdaQUEEN, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

I mean shiot...i don't think I'm looking like LOOKING but at the same time even when we aint looking...aren't we at the very least PEEKING... Feel me?
    test
  2. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

Skrew love, look for great sex then work froom there

But yeah, I feel ya. The hope is always there even if its just in the back of your head.
    test
  3. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Love is mysterious ;o) Works in weird ways and happens when we least expect it!

I wrote a poem about it. But it's on my other computer lol.
    test
  4. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

love finds us all at some point weather we want it to or not
    test
  5. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

When I'm like.. alright.. forget men.. I'm just gonna be singel.. THATS when I find love lol.. I'm like damnit!!
    test
  6. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

I understand exactly what you're saying.

I think its better to look for compatibility/friendship rather than love... I take each new encounter as an opportunity to meet a new friend and see where it goes from there, rather than hoping this guy might be "the one". When you go looking for love its like you stay trying to fit square pegs into a round hole... you only set yourself up for disappointment and frustration that way... a lot of unnecessary pressure on you and that other person.

My advice is to just take things slow and make new friends... whatever is meant to be will be :)
    test
  7. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

can you remember it?
    test
  8. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

Damn...Yeah...thats some goooooood advice. Cause I find that every new dude I meet I think "is he the one" ...lol...he could look like a rats anus....I don't even have to like him at all....but the thought pops in my head. And I have tried to develop friendships but...at the same time niggas start wanting to POKE YOU and then ruin shiiiiiot. LOL

I don't know....

Thanks mah!
    test
  9. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

your brilliance is highly over looked..
    test
  10. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Damm....I think some girls need to do that, but I guess it's hard for them if they see something they think resembles what they want. I do think most females will use that "excuse" when meeting a dude that they aren't feelin, just to keep him there "in case" feelings develop, like "well....I'm not looking for a BF, just friends right now, and I want to get to know people, and maybe something will happen in the future" and ten dudes will be thinkin "all I gotta do is keep tryin and eventually she'll like me"....but then she'll meet a dude and be on him hard as hell after five days, and be thinkin and actin like they go together, to the point that it's like "I can't go out with ____ because ____ would get mad" or "I can't _____ with ______ because I would be mad if ______ was doing it".
    test
  11. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

you wanna not look for love??

get hurt. get betrayed. i've been hurt so much so recently, that i don't even want new friends.

9 times out of 10 people are just going to disappoint you...people are not worth the air they breathe, let me tell you. love?? protect your heart, and maintain your sanity while you still have a chance.

if you want love and loyalty, go down to your local pound and get a puppy. at least you can trust the dog. that's what i'm going to do.
    test
  12. R-Tistic

Don't be bitter about it, and don't close out the possibilities of meeting someone who will not hurt or betray you just because of what's happened in your past, even if it was recent. Life's definitely about taking chances...and when things don't go how you want to, you should at least learn from the experiences to where you may be able to prevent similar things from happenin again.

You're definitely not the only one who's been hurt, disappointed, and anything else, and you shouldn't take it to heart at that level, in my opinion. I haven't had a girlfriend since 2001, and it's definitely not because I haven't wanted one, but just because nothing since then has worked out. However, I know that something will happen eventually, whether it's tomorrow or years from now...and even though the last 8-10, 12, however many females could be seen as a "waste of time" or disappointment, I definitely learned something from each and every one of them, even when I wasn't the one who did something wrong.
    test
  13. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

we should get married.. thats word for word how i feel.

id rather have enemys instead of friends these days. id rather see the attack coming then be shocked by the pain of a knife in the back.

ive been betrayed so many fuckin times i should get a free small fry at mcdonalds or some shit. ive learned never fully give yourself to anyone. dont expect anything from anyone either. you can never really trust neone and thats just truth
    test
  14. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

A free small fry huh...
    lol

cute...
    test
  15. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I'd say just be available, love yourself and let your head rule over your heart... then everything else should fall into place... I don't think men and women who are attracted to each other can really be friends...
    test
  16. R-Tistic

^^I mean, we can but we can't.

I have a lot of homegirls who I knew my homeboy was feelin already, and I'd be like "shit...that's all you" and never even talk about them on a "I would if I could" level, because I will jus see em as the homie only. Now for those who meet because the dude is tryin to holler at the female, then yeah it's hard and almost pointless to be friends.

As a matter of fact, I was goin at it with my "homegirl" (who obviously isn't just my homegirl LOL) yesterday. She was sayin that she hates how so many dudes all try to get at her, and they all think she'll give them play, but she doesn't want to tell em to back off and that she ain't feelin em because "then they'll call me a bitch and say I led them on like always." Then she said "I don't see why they don't just want to be friends, I mean that's all I want!! Yeah, I might not like somebody now, but in the future, who knows what could happen?" and she just doesn't get it that dudes do NOT want to be friends, regardless of the fact that she does have homeboys who tried gettin at her way back but haven't tried her at all since.

The conflict basically comes because females appreciate havin male friends over female friends, but dudes could care less about havin homegirls unless they have known em forever, or as with me, you know that they'll always have some cute homegirls around.
    test
  17. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

I see your point, and I don't want to become one of those bitter women that just hates the world, but i can't help it...it's not just romantic relationships that are failing it's friendships.

For example, in the past 6 months this is what has happened: "Friends" stole my mother's car, my laptop (which just happened on saturday), lied and cheated, and decieved, and left me out to try. That's not even going on to the stupid shit that the boys i'm feeling have done...

I just feel as if I can't trust anyone. I feel as if people just took advantage of my openess and my hospitality, and I don't know how to be different. I don't know how to not be trusting...but I see now that I have to change or I'm going to get hurt. It's just hard, and until I figure out a balance, I don't want people around me.

@ XzErEoUs: we can't get married...that would go against my whole "buy a puppy instead" theory. LoL...but i feel you...i'm sorry you feel what I feel, because let me tell you, I feel shitty.
    test
  18. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

I think this is true.

I think it's almost impossible to go from being friends with a guy to something more. Unless there is some serious chemistry between the two of you.
    test
  19. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

haha we can share a dog.. actually make that two dogs. just incase you, suprisingly enough, turn out to be like everyone else and when its over you try takin my little puppy from me in addition to my heart.

Eh, I use to feel REALLY shitty.. all the time. I also am pretty sure I suffer from undiagnosed bouts with depression but that's another story in itself. But life's too short. wait a minute why am i typing all gramatically correct n shit now.. you can tell its finals week lol. but lifes to short to be unhappy ma'.. your here one minute then gone the next, you might as well make the best out of what you have n never depend on someone else for your own happiness.

you can never be ready to love someone until you truly love yourself.. and i think im still working on that, but im almost there!

i believe that the endless sorrows ive endured over previous realtionships and betreyal from some of my closest friends will only make that breath of fresh air i inhale when i finally do meet someone i can love and trust, that much crisper.

and then theres always suicide.
    (haha joking.. but i needed a less serious way to end this post :) )
    test
  20. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

I think a lot of women do that. They meet a guy, fall in serious "like" with his "representative" [cause you know we don't get to know the real "him" till some time later on down the road], and they go into fantasy mode... planning their future wedding (when they only been dating a week) and imagining how their future kids are gonna look and how wonderful their life together is gonna be and all that extra la-la land shit... then they get all butt hurt when reality hits and he turns out not to be this fictitional Prince Charming character they imagined him to be (cause, you know... he turns out to be a human being with actual flaws and shiot) and things fall apart. It just doesn't make good sense.

Aww hell to the naw... you're on your own on that one. I like fine ass men... lol!

lol @ that ruining shiot! It only ruins shiot if their continued interest in hanging around is contingent upon them "poking" (and not much more). Those are the friends that can gladly get to stepping as far as I'm concerned. *waving* buh-bye, sweet pea :-D

I don't have a problem with a guy I'm seeing wanting to "poke", cause hell... I don't date men I'm not sexually attracted to and can't see myself poking at some point, either. But if they're not willing to be patient and work with me on my time table... allowing me a chance to get comfortable and to decide that I'm ready for that... well, hell... theres the door boo boo! *throwing up the peace sign*

NEXT!!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.