Ladies... for those who are married, or soon to be

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Lyme, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyme

Lyme Guest

Did you (or do you plan) two exchange your own vows to eachother??

In brief describe what your wedding was like.. where it was, how many guests, honeymoon, costs... or describe a little of what you plan...

Greatly appreciated
    test
  2. AgentLead

AgentLead ITS ABOUT TIME IN STORES

rofl u cant be serious
    test
  3. Lyme

Lyme Guest

I am tho..

Ladies..
    test
  4. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

Although I like the personalization of writing your own vows I found some that I felt fit us and said what should be said w/o it being overly wordy.

I pretty much have our whole ceremony written up..the real challenge is finding an officiant to perform it the way I want it, which can be harder than one might imagine especially when you aren't involved with a church & want to incorporate two different faiths.

We're doing something small intimate...getting married outdoors. Gazebo in some gorgeous sunken gardens in the area (at least I think this is my final choice for location lol)

Guest list isn't finalized yet..I'm guessing 60-70 people tops.

Honeymoon..no ideas yet..it isn't on my list of priorities to be honest. I want to get away for a least a few days..and then maybe do something bigger on our one year wedding anniversary. We're on a budget and paying for 99% of it ourselves..so that's why.

Costs..well most is DIY for us...I'm a budget bride...the national average in the states is like $25k...that's just pure insanity to me. More power to those who have that much to invest in a wedding. I wish I could, but if I wanted that I might not be getting married till I'm 40 :lol: I have no idea how much we're spending right now. Up till this point it's just been taking costs as they come.

Stuff you have to plan for..it just depends on what you want. For me it has been: Ceremony & reception location, officiant, photographer, flowers, cake, attire for bride, groom & bridal party, centerpieces, favors, decoration for ceremony & reception, music, and all the other little odds and ends you may want.

It's insanity half the time and at this point I would swear on my life that I would never ever do it again lol
    test
  5. Lyme

Lyme Guest

Hmmmm... well you have a lot on your plates and I wish you the best wedding day and the ultimate outcome of your dreams.

My fiance and I are having an extravagently simple wedding exchanging our own vows in the Fiji Islands on my birthday.. Were inviting no guests.. Only attendants will be the ones they are organizing necessary... Most of it will be a surprise that will everlast us into the next life time together... Since we wont just be staying on one island, and weve planned many activities our costs are going to be between 10-15 grand for just the two of us, but that of course is honeymoon already included =)

We are planning a reception when we return for friends and family.
    test
  6. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

For us its gonna be like 200 bucks..lol... The cost for a justice of the peace and the marriage certificate. I dont wanna spend a few grand on a wedding, I would rather just do it fast and cheap..Just getting it over with basically..
    test
  7. skandelous_lala

That's nice..honestly if I could just do that I would. I love the idea of a destination wedding. For me though, even though I do want to do that to a extent...in another way I would regret it b/c I do have family and friends that I really want to witness it.
    test
  8. Lyme

Lyme Guest

so do we.... but this is souly about us and no ones tainting or opinions getting in the way of our special day
    test
  9. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

I'm having my 6th yr wedding anniversary this Sunday :D

We got married young...so my mom basically did all the planning. Wasn't what I wanted, or how I would do it now that I'm older. But it was a nice wedding. Small with about 30-40 friends and family there. We had it in my husbands church. We did not do our own vow's. It cost my mom about 2500$

Best day of my life :D Even if it wasn't what I would have planned now, being older. It is still a speical day to me and I love looking back at the pictures and remembering it. :eek:)

Congrats and good luck to all the future brides :D
    test
  10. skandelous_lala

Ehh thankfully I don't have to worry about anyone wanting to put their two cents in outside of us..glad I don't b/c I've heard a lot of horror stories of people having to deal with outside opinions about them getting married and all that. The only thing I have to deal with is my mom's side being all religious or something all of a sudden and thinking living together before marriage is odd [funny] Well sorry for them but I'd never be getting married if I hadn't experienced living with the person first. Okay...issues out of the way there lol

Nanijah...congrats on to you and your old man on 6 years this weekend!!! :D That's great!
    test
  11. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.